Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

If anything this is a good thing because it means they'll have TV the week after - or at least if you work out a timeline, they should have - pay-per-views, instead of relying on two weeks of shows from the previous taping before the PPV which is what kind of takes me out of it when watching.

The tournament is also a good idea for me because a) it starts immediate build to the Anniversary Show and b) it's a good way to build around someone like say a Christopher Daniels getting a title shot when they could realistically be building someone else.

Daniels is my personal want and favorite for the tournament, but I could also see them giving it to Cabana, Lethal or Jay Briscoe, either to get O'Reilly's reign off to a solid start with a match against an established veteran or by giving Cole another rematch against Lethal or reigniting the Cole/Briscoe rivalry. Hope Daniels is the choice though, totally deserves that main event opportunity again and if Cole does retain at Final Battle and their looking to take the title off him before his contract expires I really hope they give Daniels a "thank you" title reign for everything hes done for ROH.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:my pick is daniels,with the performance on the ladder war and the interesting history follow that.
This would be best, IMO.
Big Red Machine

During SOTF night 2 Kevin Kelly mentioned something about a return to San Antonio in February.
ndp

Post by ndp »

Debated on whether to post this here or the Random Thoughts Thread since it’s been discussed in both. Add me to the list of people who wouldn’t mind Daniels winning the tournament. Sure he has lost a lot of matches recently and currently isn’t a credible contender, but they have a couple months to build him up and winning a tournament that includes two former champions, both of whom he could pin if bracketed right, would do a lot to fix that. His recent performances bought him some good will with the fans and the story of a veteran who main evented the first show maybe winning the World Title for the first time on the 15th Anniversary Show, which they could sell as possibly being his last chance, has a lot of potential and could paint over much of his W-L record.

This tournament seems like a great way to elevate an established guy who they could be doing more with (there are a lot of those in ROH right now) and make a new top of the card player that will freshen things up and be a guy on deck if a few guys don’t renew contracts. When I see them booking a tournament like this, I’d rather see them use it to move someone like Daniels, Shelley or Cabana into a title match position than a way to give Lethal or Jay Briscoe another shot. The former would be something new, even though Cabana has been in some main event matches since he returned, and the product could use more shake ups. You could always have Lethal get screwed in his London match and demand another shot after getting a singles win or two on TV or Briscoe get a shot because it's his time of the year. If you're going to do a tournament like this, make something of it.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Surprised no one mentioned this. On last week's TV show, they ran through their upcoming live events, and said the first weekend of February they're coming to San Antonio (Austin Highway Events Center) and Dallas (Gilley's Dallas).
Brada

Post by Brada »

Hopefully we will get Cole, Lethal, and the Young Bucks this time around in Dallas.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

TYFDK wrote:Surprised no one mentioned this. On last week's TV show, they ran through their upcoming live events, and said the first weekend of February they're coming to San Antonio (Austin Highway Events Center) and Dallas (Gilley's Dallas).
They'll have a ton of events on february then, because NJPW is already promoting Honor Rising:Japan 2017 and it takes place the 26th & 27th.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TYFDK wrote:Surprised no one mentioned this. On last week's TV show, they ran through their upcoming live events, and said the first weekend of February they're coming to San Antonio (Austin Highway Events Center) and Dallas (Gilley's Dallas).
ROH just officially announced these and they go by the following names:

Undisputed Legacy
Honor Reigns Supreme

So it's possible we may be getting individual show names back!
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-re ... ign=buffer

tickets go on sale this week for the TX Feb events.

wednesday for ringside members and friday to gen public
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote:

Undisputed Legacy
Honor Reigns Supreme

Which is a step in the right direction, although it'd be nice if the names felt less generic. Maybe Honor Reigns Supreme will see Chris Hero return? (Please?)
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Shoot. Just realized the 2nd night of the Pgh double shot is Columbus instead of New York, like it usually is. Was hoping to make it to the next Columbus show, but that was assuming it was 4-5 months between shows rather than the next day. Ah well. Maybe they'll hit Dayton again before too long. It's been what, over a year since they've been there?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:

Undisputed Legacy
Honor Reigns Supreme

Very happy to hear that they're using individual show names again!! Much better than the generic "Tour" shows (unless it's a "Road To...." name, which I honestly don't mind because New Japan does the same thing).

Interesting that they're running a different venue in San Antonio.
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Interesting that they're running a different venue in San Antonio.
Bigger building?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

YEEEEEEEES INDIVIDUAL SHOW NAMES ARE BACK! 8-)
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Big Red Machine wrote:
monster mafia wrote:my pick is daniels,with the performance on the ladder war and the interesting history follow that.
This would be best, IMO.
Daniels would be cool, but since this is for the PPV, I'd bet it's Lethal and pays off the match from after BitW and their previous encounters.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so adam cole bay bay is still around by february...great
Brada

Post by Brada »

Big Red Machine wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Interesting that they're running a different venue in San Antonio.
Bigger building?

Different venue in Dallas too. They were in Arlington for SOTF next to AT&T Stadium at Arlington Convention Center. The hall that they had the show in could have held about 6 of the ROH setups. WAY too big.

They have moved it to downtown Dallas, funny enough, about 10 minutes from where the world famous Sportatorium used to be. Will be a much better venue this time around. I hope we get an even better turnout.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the layout for the building in San Antonio:

http://www.austinhwyeventcenter.com/wp- ... r-Plan.pdf
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

monster mafia wrote:so adam cole bay bay is still around by february...great
According to Meltzer, his contract is up on May. It was supposed to expire before, but his previous injury allow them to extend the contract for some extra months.
ImageImage
Brada

Post by Brada »

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-re ... ign=buffer

tickets go on sale this week for the TX Feb events.

wednesday for ringside members and friday to gen public

I lost track of time and Ill be damned, someone jumped in and grabbed my front row corner entrance aisle seats for Dallas....bastards!!!