Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by monster mafia »

are you serious?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Idk I don't know much about the florida indies at all. I was talking out my butt. I would like to see some newer guy like Gresham or Gordon win this years Survival of the Fittest.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

The Man Scout could be a fun mid card heel act on TV though.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

WebConn wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:51 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 pm
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm

I actually think that the Texas shows could be Survival Of The Fittest. I'm guessing the show in Lakeland will be a TV Taping of some kind. OKC could be Glory By Honor. Speaking of which, the fact that ROH drew as well as it did in OKC two years ago is still crazy to me.
I'd try to avoid running the same big shows in he same markets from year to year. I think ROH's current schedule is a quite flat, running in the same places at the same times most years. And I say this as someone in the New York market that gets all of the big shows.
So do Survival of the Fittest in Florida. Use some Florida talent for the tournament. it's ROH play on the ROH/FIP history. Use some old FIP guys like Chasyn Rance, Gran Akuma and "Man Scout" Jake Manning. Plus younger up and coming local talent
What is the connection between SOTF and FIP?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

A) Have Chasyn Rance come nowhere near ROH.

B) Have SOTF in Florida because Florida was supposed to have the 2008 version in Coral Springs before it was cancelled, and I never got to a Jerry Lynn vs. El Generico match.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I was thinking more the ROH FIP relationship but in the Golden Age of ROH but I didn't explain that well. I also think having SOTF in Florida might help draw to these shows in a market they don't really venture to all the time. Cody should headline the florida shows for what the Rhodes name means in Florida. How bad of shape is Terry Funk in cuz I think the Funk Brothers vs The Young BUcks could be a fun sports entertainment match. and could draw some old school florida wrasslin' fans.

I also said Rance's name cuz he's one of the few Florida indy names I know. Lince Dorado is signed to the 'E so he's out.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

No way I'd book the Funks in a match. Maybe let them show up and hit somebody with a chair or something, but they're in their 70s.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

They don't have to bump but have them do some gaga with the Young Bucks I guess an in ring segment works too.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I didn't know ROH meant Really Old Horseshit.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Thelone wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:36 pm I didn't know ROH meant Really Old Horseshit.
I don't think they should wrestle either, but something I always liked from old ROH was when they would have legends like Foley, Steamboat, Flair, etc. come in and work programs with wrestlers.

The Funks coming in for a promo with the Bucks would be badass, IMO.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Nonsense. What did Foley and Steamboat ever do for Joe and Punk?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

supersonic wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:32 pm Nonsense. What did Foley and Steamboat ever do for Joe and Punk?
We got Ebessan Jack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSqTmI4FEU
Big Red Machine

WebConn wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:25 pm They don't have to bump but have them do some gaga with the Young Bucks I guess an in ring segment works too.
We don't need gaga. There is WAY too much gaga already. We need less gaga and more wrestling and storytelling.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Omega will be in Florida's events (November 11th and 12th). November 12th will be a TV Taping. So yeah, that's a good move to sell tickets in the Florida market.

Btw, if that's the last Taping before Final Battle... Will Omega have a match at the PPV?

Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 am Omega will be in Florida's events (November 11th and 12th). November 12th will be a TV Taping. So yeah, that's a good move to sell tickets in the Florida market.

Btw, if that's the last Taping before Final Battle... Will Omega have a match at the PPV?

Seems likely. Hopefully if just one night is a TV taping they will be going back to a one-night SOTF format. Stick Kenny & the Bucks (and maybe also Cody) in the semi-main spot to fill out the card in a match against guys you don't want in SOTF (like maybe the guy getting the Final Battle title shot) and you've got a guaranteed to sell SOTF.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:07 am
AlexROH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 am Omega will be in Florida's events (November 11th and 12th). November 12th will be a TV Taping. So yeah, that's a good move to sell tickets in the Florida market.

Seems likely. Hopefully if just one night is a TV taping they will be going back to a one-night SOTF format. Stick Kenny & the Bucks (and maybe also Cody) in the semi-main spot to fill out the card in a match against guys you don't want in SOTF (like maybe the guy getting the Final Battle title shot) and you've got a guaranteed to sell SOTF.
Yeah, that would be great! A trios match like the one Styles/Bucks had with The House of Truth two years ago would be cool. Maybe ROH knows that Omega will be at FB and that's why they haven't announced a date for the show, he is one of the biggest draws in the US.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I feel SOTF is better fitted for the Texas shows as this TV taping will lead into Final Battle so they'd want to have the SOTF winner determined by then.

Omega will probably feature at Final Battle.

The next big question is, where will Final Battle be held? With the likes of Omega and Rhodes to lead promotion for the event among possibly others like The Bucks, maybe ROH will throw caution against the wind and book a 10,000 seater arena. If Omega's coming in, it would be a better time than ever.
Big Red Machine

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm
The next big question is, where will Final Battle be held? With the likes of Omega and Rhodes to lead promotion for the event among possibly others like The Bucks, maybe ROH will throw caution against the wind and book a 10,000 seater arena. If Omega's coming in, it would be a better time than ever.
I would like to see them do this as well. NYC seems like the most logical place for it.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well, we know when Final Battle WON'T be:

Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 pm
The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm
I would like to see them do this as well. NYC seems like the most logical place for it.
NYC is an interesting place as you don't have much in Manhattan in terms of 10k venues. The Theater at MSG holds about 6k for wrestling and would be the most likely venue if they grow out of Hammerstein. The Theater has hosted WCW and AAA in the 1990's (terrible sight lines in the back of the Theater). I don't know if St. John's rents the basketball venue (in Queens) but that holds 5,600 for games. Barclays is smaller than MSG (proper) but is still huge and WWE wouldn't want them there. Nassau Coliseum hosts about 13K these days but no one not on the South shore of Long Island wants to run out there. Realistically, Hammerstein is probably the best spot for them.