Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SamoaNOAH

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by SamoaNOAH »

TYFDK wrote:
SamoaNOAH wrote:Keep giving BOSTON the middle finger ... what did we do, buy too many RF DVDs??
I understand that it sucks, but I also understand that ROH and Sinclair want to run shows in their TV markets. Maybe soon Boston will get a market.

Honestly, even if they don't, I want them to go back, because that venue they ran in Plymouth, because it looked hella nice.
Plymouth is an outstanding venue. Nothing wrong with the BU spot either.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

TYFDK wrote:
SamoaNOAH wrote:Keep giving BOSTON the middle finger ... what did we do, buy too many RF DVDs??
I understand that it sucks, but I also understand that ROH and Sinclair want to run shows in their TV markets. Maybe soon Boston will get a market.

Honestly, even if they don't, I want them to go back, because that venue they ran in Plymouth, because it looked hella nice.
I think the problem with Boston, aside from it not being a TV market, is that venues there are almost as expensive as NYC but the crowds are smaller.

I think they figure a fair amount of Boston fans are making the Providence shows. I'm surprised there's no return date announced there.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Maybe they don't have a hookup in Boston with a license. Just a thought.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Everyone's eyes have been on the ROH SUMMER HEAT TOUR, but that's far from your only chance to see all your favorite ROH stars this summer!

In just a few weeks, Ring of Honor is returning to New York City for FIELD OF HONOR!

FIELD OF HONOR
FRIDAY, AUGUST 15TH, 2014
MCU PARK - Brooklyn, NY

ALL Ring of Honor titles will be defended this night! According to Nigel McGuinness, all the scheduled title defenses will be announced this Saturday night in Dearborn. But you can get your tickets to FIELD OF HONOR right now! To be there live, click HERE!

SIGNED TO APPEAR....

- ROH World Champion: "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- ROH World TV Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini
- ROH World Tag Team Champions: reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
- "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
- Mark & Jay Briscoe
- Adam Cole
- Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
- Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian
- Rocky Romero
- War Machine (Hanson & Rowe)
- The Decade
- Tommaso Ciampa
- Cedric Alexander
- Silas Young
- Matt Taven
- ACH
- New Japan's Takaaki Watanabe
- Former NFL offensive lineman Quinn “Moose” Ojinnaka
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Will be adding the ROH/PCW SuperShows in the UK this November to the calendar.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

from this week's wrestling observer newsletter found at www.wrestlingobserver.com :

ROH won’t be running at either the Manhattan Center or Hammerstein Ballroom in New York going forward even though they sold out the big building for the last show weeks in advance. The problem is the venue just significantly raised the rent to the point where they would lose money running even with a sellout.
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Dave also says no word on any live iPPV coverage for any upcoming shows.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DirtyDave wrote:from this week's wrestling observer newsletter found at http://www.wrestlingobserver.com :

ROH won’t be running at either the Manhattan Center or Hammerstein Ballroom in New York going forward even though they sold out the big building for the last show weeks in advance. The problem is the venue just significantly raised the rent to the point where they would lose money running even with a sellout.
So no shows in New York City anymore?

Wonder where Final Battle will be, in that case...
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TNA's run Webster Hall in NYC before. Looks like a nice venue, ROH should try to run there.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:from this week's wrestling observer newsletter found at http://www.wrestlingobserver.com :

Wonder where Final Battle will be, in that case...
They need to have Final Battle at Turner Hall in Milwaukee. The Chicago/Milwaukee crowd is always great and the venue is incredible.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Toronto, Milwaukee or Chicago would be my top three if it is indeed going somewhere else.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

TYFDK wrote:TNA's run Webster Hall in NYC before. Looks like a nice venue, ROH should try to run there.
Small venue. TNA could barely fit their 6 sided ring at the time, they had such a small ring. I don't think that's a great place to run.

I'm hoping they keep Final Battle in NYC.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I've been to both Hammerstein and Turner Hall in Milwaukee and I love both but don't think Turner Hall is an appropriate PPV or major event location. The charm of it is that it's small, old, and has a feel of watching wrestling in a bar. It's absolutely my favorite venue to be there live...but I wouldn't be a fan of any major event being held there.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Completely illogical conclusion.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Completely illogical conclusion.
It was more of a question, but you're right. Should have added "in the near future, if they can't find a new venue".
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Will be adding the two shows announced this weekend, ROH's debut in Kalamazoo, Michigan on October 11th & ROH's return to Columbus, Ohio on November 7th (if those dates are correct), to the schedule.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Anyone know what venue they're running in Kalamazoo?

EDIT: Someone on Twitter told me.

So the Columbus show will be in the same place as it normally is, the awesome Ohio building at the Fairgrounds.
Kalamazoo's show will be held at the Annex at Wings Stadium.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

TYFDK wrote:Anyone know what venue they're running in Kalamazoo?

EDIT: Someone on Twitter told me.

So the Columbus show will be in the same place as it normally is, the awesome Ohio building at the Fairgrounds.
Kalamazoo's show will be held at the Annex at Wings Stadium.
Just had a quick look and according to their website the Annex can fit 3,000 people, so they're continuing the trend of booking bigger arenas. Hopefully for the overhead lighting grid. And while everyone has an opinion, I personally hate the place they run in Columbus. I like the way the seating looks when it's full, looks really cool, but the way they set-up the stage irritates the shit out of me, they just put up a curtain and a ramp and leave it at that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just got an email from ROH about the Tuesday Rollout, and several big show announcements are revealed in there...

* The show in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on September 6th, 2014 will be All Star Extravaganza VI

* Survival Of The Fittest is returning, and will be split into two shows:

- Night 1 will be returning to Columbus, Ohio in November 7th, 2014 (this show was already announced)
- Night 2 will be debuting in Toledo, Ohio on November 8th, 2014 (this show hasn't been announced)

* The show in San Antonio, Texas on November 15th will be the Road To Final Battle Tour
WHG

Post by WHG »

Good eye on the Roll-out e-mail! I glossed over that entirely. Glad to see Survival of the Fittest returning! I wonder where Glory by Honor will be this year...