Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Following the success of Free Enterprise last weekend, Ring of Honor makes its return to Baltimore’s UMBC Event Center on Friday, June 19 for the Best In The World pay-per-view.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday, February 12th) at 10 a.m. for HonorClub members and this Friday, February 14th at 10 a.m. for the general public.

Charm City has long been a special city for ROH, and this will mark the third year in a row and fourth time overall that Baltimore has hosted Best In The World.

Best In The World has been an annual marquee event for ROH since 2011. The ROH World Championship has changed hands four times at Best In The World (only Final Battle has had more world title changes).

In addition to all the guaranteed great action, fans will have the opportunity to get autographs and photos with top ROH stars at the meet and greet before the show.

Don’t miss out on your opportunity to see why ROH competitors truly are the Best In The World!

ROH PRESENTS BEST IN THE WORLD PAY-PER-VIEW
FRIDAY, JUNE 19 8pm Eastern
UMBC EVENT CENTER
1000 HILLTOP CIRCLE
BALTIMORE, MD 21250
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The fact that they are doing a whole event centred around the Women's Division is a massive step forward and a good sign as to what's going to happen with this part of the company. What is important is also the audience it will attract this should be totally a women's freindly crowed without some idiot being a silly twat.

This needs to be the most serious attempt possible because if there is a hint of Sumie, The Allure going forward heavily it will die a quick death. ROH may have to take a hit when it comes to attendance and they are going to have to take their lumps when it comes to people comenting about this because a lot is going to be brought up again but if everyone can handle that and deal with everything in an adult manor, while fans also relenting slightly on giving this a chance this could actually succeed when it should have originally.

If ROH does show that is taking it seriously it should open up themselves up to the new wave of talent that will hopefully be coming through which considering the growing avenue of the industry it's a must now. If ROH contracts for women are balanced compared to the men, again it could be a massive gain for the company as a whole and will hopefully lead to more women thinking of ROH before others. Having a working relationship or connection with Shimmer would be the best move going forward, the level of talent that has come through is striking and cannot be ignored
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

That show being in Philly on the 24th gives more credence to that Terminal 5 show on the 24th.

But it's pretty cool. Hopefully things get on the right track with that division.

April seems like a big month for ROH overall. Supercard, new women's champion, new pure champion (I think).
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

April is going to be a busy month for title tournaments. Pure title and the new Women's title within a couple weeks of each other.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 am April is going to be a busy month for title tournaments. Pure title and the new Women's title within a couple weeks of each other.
I'm curious as to what May will look like. June has the two Texas shows and now BITW, but nothing has been announced for May.

New Japan has Wrestling Dontaku the first weekend of May, but nothing announced after that. I wonder if they'll do something joint with ROH again, or if ROH will do another CMLL tour.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

some girls like LuFisto and Ivelisse RT about roh lately.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:42 am
kovs27 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 am April is going to be a busy month for title tournaments. Pure title and the new Women's title within a couple weeks of each other.
I'm curious as to what May will look like. June has the two Texas shows and now BITW, but nothing has been announced for May.

New Japan has Wrestling Dontaku the first weekend of May, but nothing announced after that. I wonder if they'll do something joint with ROH again, or if ROH will do another CMLL tour.
BOSJ final June 6th at Tokyo is announced.
So start will middle of May.
(New Zealand dojo tryout is May 9&10 also announced)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

A galaxy of the best wrestlers on the planet will converge on Terminal 5 in New York City on April 23 to compete at Battlestarr 2020.

The quarterfinals of the Pure Title tournament are among the featured attractions of what is guaranteed to be an incredible night of the fast-paced, hard-hitting, in-your-face action that only Ring of Honor can deliver.

Tickets for ROH’s return to the Big Apple go on sale next Wednesday (Feb. 19) at 10 a.m. for HonorClub members and next Friday (Feb. 21) for the general public.

Battlestarr 2020 will be ROH’s first appearance in New York City since Manhattan Mayhem last July, which was highlighted by the Briscoes winning the ROH World Tag Team Title from Guerrillas of Destiny in a street fight that tore the house down.

Due to popular demand, ROH announced recently that it was bringing back the Pure Title, which had been an active championship from 2004-2006. In matches contested under Pure rules, closed-fist punches were illegal, and each competitor was allowed three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match; after that, pinfalls and submission holds on or under the ropes would be legal.

In addition to witnessing all the unparalleled wrestling action at Battlestarr 2020, fans will have the opportunity to get autographs and photos with top ROH stars at the meet and greet before the show.

Don’t miss out on your opportunity to experience ROH live!

ROH PRESENTS BATTLESTARR 2020
THURSDAY, APRIL 23, 7:30 P.M.
TERMINAL 5
610 W 56TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10019
Trevorofhonor24

Post by Trevorofhonor24 »

NYC return confirmed nice but I got to wonder this now. Who will be charging more to make one look redicilous. impact wrestling with rebellion at terminal 5 a few days prior or, roh there on Thursday? I’m sorry but if roh charges more then impact will, then that’s just dumb. should be a fun week for fans regardless.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Trevorofhonor24 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:26 am NYC return confirmed nice but I got to wonder this now. Who will be charging more to make one look redicilous. impact wrestling with rebellion at terminal 5 a few days prior or, roh there on Thursday? I’m sorry but if roh charges more then impact will, then that’s just dumb. should be a fun week for fans regardless.
ROH has a way better roster than Impact.

If you wanna pay the same price to see Acie Romero, Reno Scum, and the ghost of Ken Shamrock, that's on you.
Trevorofhonor24

famicommander wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:54 am
Trevorofhonor24 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:26 am NYC return confirmed nice but I got to wonder this now. Who will be charging more to make one look redicilous. impact wrestling with rebellion at terminal 5 a few days prior or, roh there on Thursday? I’m sorry but if roh charges more then impact will, then that’s just dumb. should be a fun week for fans regardless.

If you wanna pay the same price to see Acie Romero, Reno Scum, and the ghost of Ken Shamrock, that's on you.
I agree about the rosters for sure. I feel like since I went to bound for glory 2018 the roster has become thinner. Then the impact roster was strong now it’s so so. Got a lot of thinking to do for sure.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Trevorofhonor24 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:24 pm

I agree about the rosters for sure. I feel like since I went to bound for glory 2018 the roster has become thinner. Then the impact roster was strong now it’s so so. Got a lot of thinking to do for sure.
They still have some good talent (their women's division in particular is crazy deep) but there's just so many geezers and low level indie dudes weighing it down.

I don't mind the upcoming TNA nostalgia show but in general I don't wanna see Disco Inferno, Ken Shamrock, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer actively wrestling in 2020 (or Cody Deaner and Reno Scum, ever).
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I wish Impact would notice what they have with Jake Something. Why is he Cody Deaner's sidekick?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:07 pm I wish Impact would notice what they have with Jake Something. Why is he Cody Deaner's sidekick?
Because hes not canadian
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

really looking forward for the pure tittle revival.

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham/statu ... 1255251968
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wait a second....

battleSTARR 2020... Why two R's on Battlestarr?? Does this mean David Starr to ROH for the Pure title? He and Marty have some connection??

Or is this just pure coincidence?!?
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:24 pm really looking forward for the pure tittle revival.

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham/statu ... 1255251968
Awesome promo! I really liked his "restore honor" comment. I was thinking ROH for 2020 should create like a #restore the honor movement. Looks like they started ROHcares, which is along similar lines, so i wasn't very vocal about it. But 100% agree about ROH needs to emphasis pure technical wrestling, and have that, what separates it from other companies.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 pm Wait a second....

battleSTARR 2020... Why two R's on Battlestarr?? Does this mean David Starr to ROH for the Pure title? He and Marty have some connection??

Or is this just pure coincidence?!?
I'd be surprised. Starr has been vocal against ROH in the past due to Sinclair ownership. But the spelling is interesting.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

When I saw BattleStarr, I thought Starrcade

But of course WWE has been busy desecrating the Starrcade name
Trevorofhonor24

famicommander wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:05 pm
Trevorofhonor24 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:24 pm

They still have some good talent (their women's division in particular is crazy deep) but there's just so many geezers and low level indie dudes weighing it down.

I don't mind the upcoming TNA nostalgia show but in general I don't wanna see Disco Inferno, Ken Shamrock, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer actively wrestling in 2020 (or Cody Deaner and Reno Scum, ever).
The last ppv was decent but didn’t feel big at all. It for sure felt like a Indy ppv. If you watch tna compared to a few years ago it’s like night and day the women’s division is real good I just wish we saw more women being used like rosemary, su yung etc. you barely see them on tv anymore which is frustrating. But to your point about the male wrestlers it does feel like the guys they have are guys that will never make it to wwe or aew so impact is their best option right now unless they become bigger stars in the future who knows. The tna one night only show should be good but my thing is that, when I think of tna I think of aj styles, Samoa joe, Daniels etc. who will never be allowed to wrestle at the show. It’s going to be tough to watch knowing those guys were the heart and soul of tna but we’ll see.