Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Laviemarg

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by Laviemarg »

As someone who has been following attendance (and eventually tracked attendance for every ROH show since day 1, where available), it would be best to get off the road until things are figured out. There are no American markets that show any promise for a decent attendance.

The company should minimize costs by conducting the minimum number of tapings on the road (or perhaps even just in Baltimore or a studio type of setup). Work on a plan to straighten things out over the next 18 months. As some contracts guarantee a minimum number of dates, either eat that cost or sub contract out the dates to other promotions (to minimize those costs).

That being said, PCO has his own special thing going on and a special connection to the Quebec market. The company should swing through the cities in Quebec and utilize a conservative setup in the Forum (if affordable) to have PCO defend the title there.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Laviemarg wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:25 pm
That being said, PCO has his own special thing going on and a special connection to the Quebec market. The company should swing through the cities in Quebec and utilize a conservative setup in the Forum (if affordable) to have PCO defend the title there.
Probably rather unlikely, but I feel like a co-promoted one off with Impact could do wonders here. Canadians between the two promotions:
PCO
Angelina Love
Cody Deaner
Ethan Page
Petey Williams
Josh Alexander
Michael Elgin
Rosemary
Taya Valkyrie

And in non-wrestling or semi retired roles:
Don Callis
Gail Kim
Santino Marella
Scott D'Amore

Maybe pluck a few name guys out of the indies and the past like Val Venis, Tyson Dux, or Danny Dugan.

Actually looking at this list it's surprising there are so few Canadians in ROH at the moment. No more Steve Corino, no more Kyle O'Reilly.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

SOOOOOOOOO FREE ENTERPRISE and THE NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA are on 9/2/2019

dragon lee is signed for the roh show and have a match vs hiromu in osaka
Last edited by monster mafia on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:26 am SOOOOOOOOO FREE ENTERPRISE and THE NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA are on 9/2/2019

dragon lee is signed the roh show and have a match vs hiromu in osaka
Wrong. Dragon Lee is booked for ROH. Ryu Lee is booked for NJ. :D
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:29 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:26 am SOOOOOOOOO FREE ENTERPRISE and THE NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA are on 9/2/2019

dragon lee is signed the roh show and have a match vs hiromu in osaka
Wrong. Dragon Lee is booked for ROH. Ryu Lee is booked for NJ. :D
Ryu/Hiromu opens the show and then he hops on a flight to main event in Baltimore?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think that is impossible.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

As pro wrestling fans from around the world gather in Florida during the first weekend in April, Ring of Honor will prove why it is the best wrestling on the planet when it presents Supercard of Honor on Saturday, April 4 at RP Funding Center in Lakeland, Fla.

Tickets for the annual extravaganza go on sale next Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 10 a.m. ET for HonorClub members and Friday, Jan. 17 at 10 a.m. ET for the general public.

Since 2006, Supercard of Honor has been the stage for some of ROH’s most memorable and historic matches featuring its biggest stars, and this year’s event will be no different.

Star-studded factions Villain Enterprises (ROH World Champion PCO, “The Villain” Marty Scurll, Brody King and “The Mercenary” Flip Gordon) and La Facción Ingobernable (RUSH, ROH World Television Champion Dragon Lee, Kenny King and Amy Rose) will appear at Supercard of Honor, as will recent signees and international stars Slex and Session Moth Martina, to name just a few.

Last year, G1 Supercard -- a show co-promoted by ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling -- sold out Madison Square Garden in New York City just minutes after tickets went on sale to the general public.

Don’t miss out on your opportunity to see Supercard of Honor! Keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for some big talent and match announcements, starting in the coming week!

ROH PRESENTS SUPERCARD OF HONOR
SATURDAY, APRIL 4
BELL TIME: 7 P.M ET. DOORS: 5 P.M. ET
RP FUNDING CENTER
701 W LIME STREET
LAKELAND, FL 33815
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They absolutely cannot afford any screw ups for this year's Wrestlemania weekend show. No sports entertaining, please. Just great pro wrestling.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Marty vs. The ROH Champ .... right?!?!?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Are they gonna do busses from Tampa to Lakeland like they did in Orlando in 2017. Tbh I don't care, I'm already going to Takeover but how are they going to get tourists who are most likely not driving that weekend to Lakeland?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Takeda had a match in the moring of January 3rd in Tokio for BJW and then had a match on the evening of January 3rd in SAW, a local indie in the US.

Keep in mind that the afternoon/night of a day in Japan is the morning of the very same day in the US. If he's doing the ME in Baltimore, I can see him doing both shows.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Rovert is hinting NJPW will still be working with ROH going forward and mentioned the BC Block Party being relevant to ROH. I think it's been rumored elsewhere that GOD may be part of SCoH, but Jay White and / or KENTA would be good gets, if they can book them.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:44 am

Takeda had a match in the moring of January 3rd in Tokio for BJW and then had a match on the evening of January 3rd in SAW, a local indie in the US.

Keep in mind that the afternoon/night of a day in Japan is the morning of the very same day in the US. If he's doing the ME in Baltimore, I can see him doing both shows.
Takeda's match was from 12:30 and NJPW osaka is from 4pm.
I can't think Lee arrive to US before 3PM
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:17 am Rovert is hinting NJPW will still be working with ROH going forward and mentioned the BC Block Party being relevant to ROH. I think it's been rumored elsewhere that GOD may be part of SCoH, but Jay White and / or KENTA would be good gets, if they can book them.
https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/1 ... 2439369730

This is a post from Tama Tonga asking which stars from New Japan, CMLL, ROH or Rev Pro that you want to see at the Block Party. One could take it as a hint that Supercard will have competitors from all four companies.

On a different note, I went to the Block Party last year and had a great time. I could only imagine it being even better on the beach in Tampa. If anyone on this board has the opportunity, definitely get a ticket and go.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Matches announced in newest Eck's Files:

ATLANTA
Dak Draper vs. Jason Cade

CONCORD
Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams vs. Vincent & Bateman

NASHVILLE
ROH World Championship Match
2 Guys 1 Tag vs. Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham - ROH Tag Team Title Match

ST. LOUIS
ROH World Championship Match
Dragon Lee vs. Dak Draper - ROH TV Title Match

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/maria ... e-st-louis
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Has anyone heard if the stream for last night's show was problem-free? I'd like to watch the shows in a more timely manner than I did last year, but I also don't want the frustration of starting to watch a show and then having to stop and wait months for them to fix any breaks the stream had.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:18 am Has anyone heard if the stream for last night's show was problem-free? I'd like to watch the shows in a more timely manner than I did last year, but I also don't want the frustration of starting to watch a show and then having to stop and wait months for them to fix any breaks the stream had.
I tuned in during Lee/Everett was perfect. Gotta give them credit it’s been flawless for quite some time. I use Apple TV and have 400gb speed internet with spectrum
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:18 am Has anyone heard if the stream for last night's show was problem-free? I'd like to watch the shows in a more timely manner than I did last year, but I also don't want the frustration of starting to watch a show and then having to stop and wait months for them to fix any breaks the stream had.
I watched this morning, streamed through the browser on my Xbox One. No issues.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Just a little thing I noticed when I got my Free Enterprise tickets.....I forgot to be ready at the exact time when they went on sale, showed up about 15 minutes late. Normally for a Baltimore show that wouldn't matter and I could still get front row. Not today, best I could do is 4th row. That's a positive step that people are claiming tickets right away.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

At least they're not paying people to attend like Anthem had to when they took over Impact.