Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:11 am
monster mafia wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:35 am No Honor Rising shows next year.
Not and oficial confirmation. If you look at NJPW's website, you can see all the Road to New Beginning dates and then Anniversary Tour. There's like 3 random Road To shows, 2 of them on the Korakuen in consecutive days, during the week that ROH has always done the tournament.

So I think there's still a posibility of them doing the tour.
ah ok, thats a good asumption, lets wait and see.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

NJPW use Korakuen Hall 6 times in Feb.
I can't think 2 more for Honor rising.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

To me it looks like NJPW already booked Korakuen Hall for Honor Rising shows - 20th and 21th, but due to all the stuff that is happening with RoH now they have been announced as New Japan Road shows.

NJPW, and Japan in general, does not like to announce stuff that ends up not happening. So lets say RoH ends up going under or gets into the talks to sell to WWE or someone else? NJPW would then have to cancel those shows. Or if RoH stays alive, but fails to keep most of their hot talent like Bandido, VE and Cobb? Is NJPW interested in booking undercard RoH guys for this show? Probably not.

In other words I think that NJPW is playing it safe. If RoH manages to pull itself out of this mess then these New Japan Road shows will be changed to Honor Rising shows, if not then NJPW will just throw some of their own less used guys on those shows and pretend that this was always the plan.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Do we have a rumored date and/or venue for the anniversary show? Yes, I know, probably gonna be in Vegas.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

What is the speculation on the Baltimore announcement for tomorrow?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Baltimore, MD – Ring of Honor has the most loyal and passionate fans in professional wrestling - and has come up with something special to thank everyone for nearly two decades of unwavering support.

On Sunday, Feb. 9th at Baltimore’s UMBC Event Center, Ring of Honor Wrestling presents Free Enterprise, a live event featuring the best professional wrestlers on the planet that is absolutely FREE to attend.

Free Enterprise is an extension of the ongoing #ROHCares initiative in which ROH gives back to the community. This program has seen top stars regularly visit children’s hospitals and has provided veterans with free tickets to live events through a partnership with Vet Tix. Now ROH is giving all professional wrestling fans the ultimate opportunity to feel the ROH Experience in its hometown of Baltimore, MD, absolutely FREE.

Big matches have already been signed for this major event featuring the debut of Top Australian Star Slex vs Flip Gordon and The Briscoes vs Bandido and Flamita. Also, the dominant team of Dan Maff and Jeff Cobb will get their chance at ROH gold as they compete for the ROH Tag Team Championship against current champions Jay Lethal and Jon Gresham. Other stars signed to compete are ROH World Champion PCO, ROH TV Champion Dragon Lee, El Toro Blanco RUSH, “The Villain” Marty Scurll, and the Women of Honor debut of “Session Moth” Martina! More great matches and the main event will be announced very soon!

Want more? ROH continues to give back to its subscribers with a special FREE Meet and Greet session for HonorClub members. Don’t miss the opportunity to see and interact with your favorite wrestlers and check out ROHHonorClub.com to sign up so you can take part of the FREE Meet and Greet.

Free Enterprise will have a special 3 p.m. ET bell time. Tickets will be made available first for HonorClub members at 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday, Jan. 15, and for the general public at 10 a.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 17. All tickets are for reserved seating and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, so don’t miss out on this extraordinary experience!

Stay tuned to www.ROHWrestling.com for more information and match details coming soon!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

This move already getting made fun of and fans still complaining
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I wish I was close enough to Baltimore.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

mexablood vs briscoes for free

holly shit, thats nuts baby.

fill that building up baltimore
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:19 am This move already getting made fun of and fans still complaining
These people are called internet trolls. They cheer for ROH to fail.

But yeah.... Briscoes vs Mexablood ... for free!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Awesome.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I may take a the 3 hour drive down for this. Sounds awesome.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

If you are giving this quality away for free why can’t they give better quality when people pay? Great concept but creating an excellent and loaded one off show does not level up the product, it’s an apology for how poor the booking has been the last 4 plus years.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:42 am If you are giving this quality away for free why can’t they give better quality when people pay? Great concept but creating an excellent and loaded one off show does not level up the product, it’s an apology for how poor the booking has been the last 4 plus years.
Things aren't going to change over night. I take it as they basically recognizing their position, and making changes. Change is good.

If i'm ROH... I'm finding 4 key markets and really focus on getting crowds/marketing towards those cities. For example: Say Baltimore, Boston, Philly, and Detroit. Give the NY and CHI crowds a break, while you rebuild in these cities. Baltimore could be more of their TV market, Boston their "big show" market like Chicago was, Philly gets the grudges matches, and specialty matches. and Detroit gets more of the international super-shows (WOTW/Global Wars). Certainly any of these cities could be replaced with another, but then need a restart point.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:53 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:42 am If you are giving this quality away for free why can’t they give better quality when people pay? Great concept but creating an excellent and loaded one off show does not level up the product, it’s an apology for how poor the booking has been the last 4 plus years.
Things aren't going to change over night. I take it as they basically recognizing their position, and making changes. Change is good.

If i'm ROH... I'm finding 4 key markets and really focus on getting crowds/marketing towards those cities. For example: Say Baltimore, Boston, Philly, and Detroit. Give the NY and CHI crowds a break, while you rebuild in these cities. Baltimore could be more of their TV market, Boston their "big show" market like Chicago was, Philly gets the grudges matches, and specialty matches. and Detroit gets more of the international super-shows (WOTW/Global Wars). Certainly any of these cities could be replaced with another, but then need a restart point.
If you ignore your two strongest markets to rebuild everywhere else in a business depression, you're asking for trouble. Loyalty should mean royalty.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

I didn't say ignore NY/ CHI ... I just wouldn't run supershow after supershow in those cities. It's already crowded in those markets, and you could argue you shouldn't need to market as much in those areas. Where-as if you focus on other bigger cities, with proper marketing, you should be able to grow the crowds. The fans in those outside cities get top tier shows, and want to come to the next show. Say they run a show in Boston in Jan... at the end of the show (after killer main event) you say your coming back in 4-6 months. Tickets on sale NOW.... you should be able to get a handful of sales right there.

I just picked 4 random cities... but ROH can easily look and see what the attendance, honorclub subscribers, and ROH Market is for each city. I assume they are doing some data analysis on the different markets.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:08 pm I didn't say ignore NY/ CHI ... I just wouldn't run supershow after supershow in those cities. It's already crowded in those markets, and you could argue you shouldn't need to market as much in those areas. Where-as if you focus on other bigger cities, with proper marketing, you should be able to grow the crowds. The fans in those outside cities get top tier shows, and want to come to the next show. Say they run a show in Boston in Jan... at the end of the show (after killer main event) you say your coming back in 4-6 months. Tickets on sale NOW.... you should be able to get a handful of sales right there.

I just picked 4 random cities... but ROH can easily look and see what the attendance, honorclub subscribers, and ROH Market is for each city. I assume they are doing some data analysis on the different markets.
One would hope they're doing a deep dive. It's just amazing that as great as the roster is, everyone appears to be positioned to be lesser than. Hopefully that changes, but I am not going to hold my breath while one of the bookers is begging WWE to take him back and the other is referred to as the ultimate yes man. I am hoping Marty sticking around will help make sweeping changes across the board. I remember when this was the happiest locker room in the business. Now, it just seems like everyone is doing what ROH guys did in JAPW in 2005 and beyond, viewing each show as another pay day.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think Chicago needs to be re-thought, especially when it comes to the venue. Personally I wouldn’t run there until you’ve got back to being a healthy wrestling company again. With AEW, WWE and likely New Japan hitting those markets creating enough space for yourself would be hard to do especially when your name is so low. New York I think still has the desire to see ROH, personally I would run New York over Philly for a while as that town seems sorted of dusted right now.

A lot of this will change anyway when perception of the company changes. If ROH has a full year of showing healthy cards, the right booking decisions and great matches people will come back. Oh and stay out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Just on the free show idea, I think specifically for Baltimore this a fantastic idea. I always wondered why ROH never connected with the community considering it’s the base of operations. I hope it continues and ROH can become a mainstay there for everyone in the area. You also have someone like Taylor who if he continues to grow and shape himself in the right could be a huge plus for both.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think MLW has Chicago's attention more than ROH. They've been drawing good numbers to their preferred building there. Also Impact outdrew ROH when they ran BFG there.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

In regards to running Philly, other than the Briscoes vs. Rush/Dragon Lee match the city has received two disappointing shows in a row. It has been noticed in the fan base. Philadelphia needs a big show the next time ROH comes around or else attendance will continue to dwindle.