Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I saw on Pwtorch that there are 160 tickets left for Philly
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:44 pm I saw on Pwtorch that there are 160 tickets left for Philly
There's 66 now, which i'm sure will go by the end of the day.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Sold out tonight in Philly..
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Good news
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

There are a few empty seats here. Not bad but not full.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider saying final battle will be held is Baltimore this year
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Ricaboni announced on the last roh tv episoode that Briscoes vs GOD from Manhattan will be streamed live.

Plus, Top Prospect Tournament will begin at Mass Hysteria the next night.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

* NJPW USA TOUR September 27 in Lowell, September 28 in New York at Hammerstein Ballroom, and September 29 at the ECW Arena.

*Ring of Honor is not involved in the September New Japan tour of Philly, NYC and Lowell.

*ROH has events the same weekend in Vegas (PW INSIDER INFO)
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

No more WOTW nor Global Wars. NJPW running by itself on ROH's markets and arenas.

The only join dates are Summer Supercard, a show without NJ's top stars, and the Super J Cup, that ROH talent is announced but not listed as of this moment.

Maybe it isn't the complete end on the relationship but ROH becomes more of a CMLL to NJ, where they only do 1 tour a year and share talent for less important shows.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:38 pm No more WOTW nor Global Wars. NJPW running by itself on ROH's markets and arenas.

The only join dates are Summer Supercard, a show without NJ's top stars, and the Super J Cup, that ROH talent is announced but not listed as of this moment.

Maybe it isn't the complete end on the relationship but ROH becomes more of a CMLL to NJ, where they only do 1 tour a year and share talent for less important shows.
I’m actually fine with this, New Japan has covered too many cracks for too long as stopping alot of sensible booking because of having to use talent which never come back. Everyone should be on there own too a point, CMLL is starting to become a much better option for ROH
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

After MSG,
NJPW event schedule say ROH can't book them easily.
Juice leaves ROH.
NJPW use PWX as local guys.
Relationship is not strong as before.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Well it took them longer than I thought it would (the Elite catching fire like it did was a good reason to keep up the charade), but here we are. The leech got whatever it wanted from the dying body of ROH and at the first oportunity, are like "yeah, we're done, have a nice death". Meanwhile, ROH got a few years of better business despite everything else in the company and now that "everything else" is just "everything", they're in freefall and might as well look down because Impact and MLW will catch up pretty quickly at this rate and ROH will become #5 in the US.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. For example, what exactly does it mean that RoH is not involved? Cobb is signed to RoH and he wrestled in G1 Dallas, does it mean that RoH was involved with that show? It might just mean that those shows aren't joint NJPW/RoH shows like Global Wars/Honor Rising/War of the Worlds.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

we already have War of the Worlds tour this year...i dont know if this means anything wrong, they already have njpw shows in usa so this is not new and if roh is in vegas that weekend , well...nothing weird

maybe njpw running hammerstein and ecw arena feels strange but like lynx say we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

a lot of people is happy with this and are gonna celebrate the day njpw and roh ( cant see that they soon) break up.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Lynx wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:27 am I think that we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
It really isn't. It's been a slow, but consistent thread of New Japan backing out of this partnership by sending lesser and lesser stars for WOTW/Global Wars as time went by. I mean, the biggest stars they sent this year were Kojima and Nagata who are almost 100yo combined, GOD/EVIL/Sanada, then literally a bunch of jobbers.

When even your gaijin midcarder is like "yeah, I hate working there and it devalues my stocks anyway, can I please work "Road to" shows in Bumfuck, Japan instead? Hell, I'll even move here if you want", that's all you need to know about what most of the bigger NJPW names think about ROH at this point.

Obviously the MSG fiasco was the wake-up call and when New Japan realized that they might as well go solo for their US shows because ROH is bringing them down and there's no hope it might change in the near future.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:33 am we already have War of the Worlds tour this year...i dont know if this means anything wrong, they already have njpw shows in usa so this is not new and if roh is in vegas that weekend , well...nothing weird

maybe njpw running hammerstein and ecw arena feels strange but like lynx say we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

a lot of people is happy with this and are gonna celebrate the day njpw and roh ( cant see that they soon) break up.
ROH and NJPW always do 2 join tours a year in the US. They are running the buildings they usually run together, the same weekend ROH is running in another place.

It's a sign of njpw wanting to do his thing in the US without any roh help.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

On the Juice Robinson part of the discussion, I'm sure he didn't move to Japan just to avoid working for ROH. That's ridiculous. If you've ever listened to an interview with him, he's mentioned how his residency in the US was his parents house and the amount of time he has spent there is usually sleeping on their couch. He's been looking to finally have a home and if you are going to spend more than half the year in Japan anyway why not just move there. I'm not saying he was or wasn't unhappy working the ROH shows, but he didn't move to Japan to avoid ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

sooooooo RIP ROH 2002-2019.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

in a serious note...G1 Supercard booking was the worst thing roh do in all history.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:48 am sooooooo RIP ROH 2002-2019.
Add a year or two and you're much closer to reality that you're willing to admit.
monster mafia wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 am in a serious note...G1 Supercard booking was the worst thing roh do in all history.
That we can all agree on. ROH basically had the equivalent of the Radicalz leaving for the WWF and Starrcade 97 (going with Taven instead of Scurll)/Fingerpoke of doom (creative genius Bully Ray bringing in Enzo and Cass without even telling NJPW first) in the span of four months. Frankly, New Japan dumping them is almost a footnote compared to this, but is very much the result of those events.