Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:22 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:27 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm
I don't see how a "Road to..." show would draw in a bigger crowd. To me, "Road to..." screams "unimportant filler," but "Tag Wars 2019" says "there is an important tournament happening."
When the events having quite a few NJPW guys (I imagine) and the matches that are taking place leading to what is going to be the finall card for Supercard then it should draw a bigger crowd and overall make sense in the long term planning of things. ROH are just adding an extra caviet for their themselves which is the right thing to do personally.
I don't see anyone from NJPW announced, and we're three weeks out from the shows. Also, isn't NJPW running a tour at that time?
They haven't announced anyone yet, not even a match involving ROH talent so I don't see how that is an issue.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:27 am

When the events having quite a few NJPW guys (I imagine) and the matches that are taking place leading to what is going to be the finall card for Supercard then it should draw a bigger crowd and overall make sense in the long term planning of things. ROH are just adding an extra caviet for their themselves which is the right thing to do personally.
I don't see anyone from NJPW announced, and we're three weeks out from the shows. Also, isn't NJPW running a tour at that time?
They haven't announced anyone yet, not even a match involving ROH talent so I don't see how that is an issue.
I think it's a big issue if the idea is to draw using NJPW talent. They really should have matches and talent announced at this point.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I see updates for the next few shows, but I'm wondering overall how are ticket sales going for shows in the next few months coming off of the Elite leaving?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm

I think it's a big issue if the idea is to draw using NJPW talent. They really should have matches and talent announced at this point.
The fact that they haven't announced anything is certainly issue I agree completely. I just meant in the fact they haven't announced anyone so you can't really say who will and wont be there.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

LJimmy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 pm I see updates for the next few shows, but I'm wondering overall how are ticket sales going for shows in the next few months coming off of the Elite leaving?
The Triple shot through Texas isn't great so far but nothing really has been announced yet, so I guess we need to wait and see on that. It's never been a hot market for ROH really.

Baltimore is so so but it can usually be like that for a while then in suddenly explodes and fills up.

Vegas is pretty good, considering the pre sale was a while ago, TV the next day looks a little bit less, but I could see a sell out for both nights and those events were announced after the Bucks were likely leaving or left.

Overall ROH just needs to go very hard into promoting their shows, they are usually late about doing anything about this, but they need to start appearing on every podcast, radio show, TV show possible now. It's a shame alot of podcasts are now co-opted through AEW, MLW. Hopefully ROH can find it's place.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Main Event for Dallas

Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:37 am
LJimmy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 pm I see updates for the next few shows, but I'm wondering overall how are ticket sales going for shows in the next few months coming off of the Elite leaving?
The Triple shot Texas isn't great so far but nothing really has been announced so I guess we need to wait and see on that. It's never been a hot market ROH really.

Baltimore is so so but it can usually be that like for a while then in suddenly explodes for a while.

Vegas is pretty good considering the pre sale was a while ago, TV the next day looks a little bit less, but I could see a sell out for both nights and those events were announced after the Bucks were likely leaving or left.

Overall ROH just need to go very hard into promoting their shows, they are usually late about doing anything about this, but they need to start appearing on every podcast, radio show, TV show possible now. It's a shame alot of podcasts are now co-opted through AEW, MLW. Hopefully ROH can find it's place.
In fairness to Texas, there was definitely a point in 2015 where it felt like San Antonio was a big up-and-coming market for ROH (I think they drew 1,000 there back when the only places they drawing over 1,000 were NYC, Philly, Toronto, and Chicago). Ditto for Atlanta and Hopkins.

I definitely agree about ROH and promotion (the only show they seem to do a good job for is Final Battle), but I think that announcing matches and talent is a bigger problem. It's hard to get excited for the show if you don't know what's coming.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:44 am Main Event for Dallas

Main event, huh? Good. Throw these guys into the deep end and see if they can swim. Let them go out there and have a big twenty-minute match and establish Bandido.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 am
The Triple shot Texas isn't great so far but nothing really has been announced so I guess we need to wait and see on that. It's never been a hot market ROH really.

Baltimore is so so but it can usually be that like for a while then in suddenly explodes for a while.

Vegas is pretty good considering the pre sale was a while ago, TV the next day looks a little bit less, but I could see a sell out for both nights and those events were announced after the Bucks were likely leaving or left.

Overall ROH just need to go very hard into promoting their shows, they are usually late about doing anything about this, but they need to start appearing on every podcast, radio show, TV show possible now. It's a shame alot of podcasts are now co-opted through AEW, MLW. Hopefully ROH can find it's place.
In fairness to Texas, there was definitely a point in 2015 where it felt like San Antonio was a big up-and-coming market for ROH (I think they drew 1,000 there back when the only places they drawing over 1,000 were NYC, Philly, Toronto, and Chicago). Ditto for Atlanta and Hopkins.

I definitely agree about ROH and promotion (the only show they seem to do a good job for is Final Battle), but I think that announcing matches and talent is a bigger problem. It's hard to get excited for the show if you don't know what's coming.
Yeah I remember that it looked to be a growing market. I don't know what happened there, but something really dropped off for them and they haven't had a huge crowd for a long time.

Love the main event feels really fresh and like you say it's a sink or swim moment for them, but it's great that they have got that chance.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Last time they drew well on Texas was for SOTF 2017 Nights 1 and 2. It was peak BC popularity, with the first night in San Antonio having a big crowd against WWE NXT House show with Michaels and the BSS guys.
Montana

Post by Montana »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 am

Yeah I remember that it looked to be a growing market. I don't know what happened there, but something really dropped off for them and they haven't had a huge crowd for a long time.

Love the main event feels really fresh and like you say it's a sink or swim moment for them, but it's great that they have got that chance.
Wow... pretty big match, and main event. Can't wait to see this!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Updated the original post to include all announced live events for 2019, including the recently announced April shows in Pittsburgh and Columbus (13th and 14th respectively).
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Montana wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pmWow... pretty big match, and main event. Can't wait to see this!
Yeah certainly is, it's also moved a lot of tickets for the Dallas show, I can see a few more sales from it, it's brought the show closer to being sold out than I thought it might.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

A few re-sales pop up for the Atlanta show over the last couple of days, looks like some are trying to make a lot more for their tickets then they really show be.

There are 26 left after going down to 19.

Overall I think to have that amount left after the Elite leaving isn't too bad overall. There's been little movement for Concord though, Still around 113 left there.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

HonorClub Exclusive! Briscoes vs. Best Friends. Streaming right now (6 pm EST)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TAG WARS DALLAS CARD SO FAR.

TAG WARS FIRST-ROUND MATCH
ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL AND JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. MARK HASKINS AND “HOT SAUCE” TRACY WILLIAMS

VILLAIN ENTERPRISES (PCO AND BRODY KING) vs. THE KINGDOM (VINNY MARSEGLIA AND TK O’RYAN)

MATT TAVEN vs. ROCKY ROMERO

BANDIDO vs. “THE LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG

“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. RHETT TITUS

SIGNED TO APPEAR:
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION JEFF COBB
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES
IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPION JUICE ROBINSON
DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS
MARK HASKINS
SHANE TAYLOR
MADISON RAYNE
TWISTED SISTERZ (HOLIDEAD & THUNDER ROSA)
NEW JAPAN LA DOJO YOUNG LION CLARK CONNORS
NEW JAPAN LA DOJO YOUNG LION KARL FREDRICKS
NEW JAPAN LA DOJO YOUNG LION ALEX COUGHLIN

SPECIAL MEET AND GREET SESSION GUEST NJPW LEGEND KATSUYORI SHIBATA
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:41 pm TAG WARS DALLAS CARD SO FAR.

ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL AND JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. MARK HASKINS AND “HOT SAUCE” TRACY WILLIAMS

VILLAIN ENTERPRISES (PCO AND BRODY KING) vs. THE KINGDOM (VINNY MARSEGLIA AND TK O’RYAN)

MATT TAVEN vs. ROCKY ROMERO

BANDIDO vs. “THE LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG

“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. RHETT TITUS

SIGNED TO APPEAR:
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION JEFF COBB
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES
IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPION JUICE ROBINSON
DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS
MARK HASKINS
SHANE TAYLOR
MADISON RAYNE
TWISTED SISTERZ (HOLIDEAD & THUNDER ROSA)
NEW JAPAN LA DOJO YOUNG LION CLARK CONNORS
NEW JAPAN LA DOJO YOUNG LION KARL FREDRICKS
NEW JAPAN LA DOJO YOUNG LION ALEX COUGHLIN

SPECIAL MEET AND GREET SESSION GUEST NJPW LEGEND KATSUYORI SHIBATA
Just created the Road to G1 Supercard thread to we can keep the discussion there.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Probably not a big deal to anyone here but both Honor Rising shows will air live on Samurai TV.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

give me nagata vs pco!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh boy,look at these NJPW ‘The New Beginning USA’ Full Tour Cards

January 30th – Globe Theater – Los Angeles, California

One Night Only Roppongi Vice
– Juice Robinson & Tracy Williams vs Beretta & Rocky Romero
– David Finlay vs Chuckie T.
– Jeff Cobb vs Karl Fredericks
– Marty Scurll & Brody King vs Killer Elite Squad
– Colt Cabana vs Shane Taylor
– Jonathan Gresham vs Tyler Bateman
– Alex Coughlin vs Clark Connors

February 1st – Grady Cole Center – Charlotte, North Carolina

IWGP US Heavyweight Championship
– Juice Robinson (c) vs Beretta
– David Finlay & Tracy Williams vs Chuckie T. & Rocky Romero
– Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Alex Coughlin
– Marty Scurll & Brody King vs Jeff Cobb & Jonathan Gresham
– Tracer X vs Great-O-Kharn
– Colt Cabana & John Skyler vs Lance Archer & Shane Taylor
– Karl Fredericks vs Clark Connors

February 2nd – War Memorial Auditorium – Nashville, Tennessee

Chaos vs Lifeblood Elimination Match
– Juice Robinson, David Finlay & Tracy Williams vs Beretta, Chuckie T. & Rocky Romero
– Jeff Cobb vs Brody King
– Marty Scurll vs Clark Connors
– Harlem Bravado vs Great-O-Kharn
– Colt Cobana & Jonathan Gresham vs Lance Archer & Shane Taylor
– Karl Fredericks vs Alex Coughlin