Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by Memphis Mark »

The NWA is the home of Jocephus and his Spiritual Advisor . What else does the NWA need to bring ?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Fammicomander has a hard on for the NWA he's never forgave Ronnie Garvin for pinning Ric Flair
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

How many people does the venue they're holding their next show at hold?

75?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

The Wilma Rudolph Event Center holds idk my google seasrch wants to load slow my wifi is slow today.

It looks like a pretty solid card Nick Aldis vs James Storm, Jazz vs Allie, Willie Mack vs Matt Cross and David Arquette vs Jocephus.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Max indoor capacity according to a wedding website is 500 guests. So probably around 350-400 once you throw a ring in there.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

hope they draw well
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope they sell out too. It's not that I want the NWA to fail, I just don't want them associated with ROH and I hate Billy Corgan.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-w ... ents-texas

So the shows are called "Road to G1 Supercard" and the big draw on the shows will be a tournament to determine who gets a tag title shot and a Crockett Cup berth... neither of which will take place at the G1 Supercard these shows are supposedly the road to. That's f*cking stupid. Is it that difficult to just call the shows "Tag Wars 2019?" That sounds a lot more important to me that a "Road to..." show.

Also, did anyone else catch the ridiculousness of this particular line?
Whichever f*cking moron writes these articles for the ROH Website wrote: This will be the sixth edition of Tag Wars, which was first held in 2005
This is only the fourth show to use the "Tag Wars" name, and it is also only the fourth Tag Wars tournament. The only way this is possibly "the sixth edition of Tag Wars" is if we count all of the shows and all of the tournaments together, but then subtract one because part of the 2010 tournament (just the finals, really, which was actually just a small percentage of the overall whole tournament) happened on the Tag Wars 2010 show. It's sh*t like this that makes it clear that the people working in the office have no concept of the history of the promotion.

And, just from a writing point of a view, that whole paragraph was horrendous. It's information that isn't particularly important to trying to sell this tournament, and it reads like one of those "our template insists that we much include this pointless statement" sentences on a Wikipedia wrestling event article telling you this was the "the sixteenth event under the Backlash chronology."
(And it still baffles me that those idiots think that is important information but a wrestler's signature moves are not.)
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

NWA show looks packed according to the pictures I’ve seen from friends at the show.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Crimson and Jax Dane qualified for the Crockett Cup at the show tonight
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:40 pm https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-w ... ents-texas

So the shows are called "Road to G1 Supercard" and the big draw on the shows will be a tournament to determine who gets a tag title shot and a Crockett Cup berth... neither of which will take place at the G1 Supercard these shows are supposedly the road to. That's f*cking stupid. Is it that difficult to just call the shows "Tag Wars 2019?" That sounds a lot more important to me that a "Road to..." show.

Whichever f*cking moron writes these articles for the ROH Website wrote: This will be the sixth edition of Tag Wars, which was first held in 2005
This is only the fourth show to use the "Tag Wars" name, and it is also only the fourth Tag Wars tournament. The only way this is possibly "the sixth edition of Tag Wars" is if we count all of the shows and all of the tournaments together, but then subtract one because part of the 2010 tournament (just the finals, really, which was actually just a small percentage of the overall whole tournament) happened on the Tag Wars 2010 show. It's sh*t like this that makes it clear that the people working in the office have no concept of the history of the promotion.

And, just from a writing point of a view, that whole paragraph was horrendous. It's information that isn't particularly important to trying to sell this tournament, and it reads like one of those "our template insists that we much include this pointless statement" sentences on a Wikipedia wrestling event article telling you this was the "the sixteenth event under the Backlash chronology."
(And it still baffles me that those idiots think that is important information but a wrestler's signature moves are not.)
do you like anything???
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:46 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:40 pm https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/tag-w ... ents-texas

do you like anything???
Sure: Good wrestling, intelligent storytelling, stuff that makes me feel like the people in charge are actually putting a lot of thought into everything.
What I don't like are shallow platitudes and trying to draw historical connections based off of names alone. I don't think there is anything wrong with insisting that the people who write about a product for the purpose of getting fans excited to see it actually have an understanding of that product's history. Otherwise you wind up with JJ Abrams ruining your favorite science fiction franchises.

So yeah. I don't like this stupid crap. It offends me that they think I don't know the history well enough that they think they can tell me something that arguably doesn't even reach the threshold of being even technically true (but still a major distortion of the facts) and they think I'll believe it. Does everyone know the history as well as me? No. But 1) they can find out for themselves, and 2) that doesn't mean you should deliberately attempt to mislead them. A promotion with a history as rich as ROH's should want to educate the fans about its history, not lie to them about it. People get upset when WWE and TNA do this, so why is it okay when ROH does it?

If you're going to tell me that I shouldn't dislike this, then I will turn the question around on you. Explain to me why this isn't stupid. Why is it good- or even neutral- to name a show "Road to G1 Supercard: Night X" and then have the consequences of the major thing you're hyping up for that show affect two different shows of which neither of them are G1 Supercard. Did New Japan's Road to WK shows start after KOPW in October? No. After the October show they started doing "Road to..." shows for their November show, not the big January one.

You are telling me that this is something worth liking. I don't think it's unfair of me to ask you to defend your position.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

All non re-sale tickets are sold for Atlanta, maybe at a push and another big match they can get them out the way, but considering the price it's unlikely, would be great though.

Concord, I was wrong on my last count there were at little bit more than I thought originally but there are now 113 tickets left all of them are single tickets dotted throughout the arena I believe.

With regards to Tag Wars being apart of Supercard G1. I just see it as an added to bonus to what will be, I imagine, 3 strong cards that will lead to Supercard G1, personally I love how we are getting a strong look at tag team wrestling, it's needed to happen for a while.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am
With regards to Tag Wars being apart of Supercard G1. I just see it as an added to bonus to what will be, I imagine, 3 strong cards that will lead to Supercard G1, personally I love how we are getting a strong look at tag team wrestling, it's needed to happen for a while.
If the idea is to highlight the tag division, though, I think the Road to G1 Supercard name is a disservice. Let this be Tag Wars 2019: Night 1/2/3.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:59 am
If the idea is to highlight the tag division, though, I think the Road to G1 Supercard name is a disservice. Let this be Tag Wars 2019: Night 1/2/3.
I think considering the buildings they are running it wouldn't have been enough to draw in the crowd they want, hopefully a large crowd comes in for all three nights and it will add some spectacle to the tournament and get other eyes on new talent that might not have been there previously.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:25 pm
I think considering the buildings they are running it wouldn't have been enough to draw in the crowd they want, hopefully a large crowd comes in for all three nights and it will add some spectacle to the tournament and get other eyes on new talent that might not have been there previously.
I don't see how a "Road to..." show would draw in a bigger crowd. To me, "Road to..." screams "unimportant filler," but "Tag Wars 2019" says "there is an important tournament happening."
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm

I don't see how a "Road to..." show would draw in a bigger crowd. To me, "Road to..." screams "unimportant filler," but "Tag Wars 2019" says "there is an important tournament happening."
When the events having quite a few NJPW guys (I imagine) and the matches that are taking place leading to what is going to be the finall card for Supercard then it should draw a bigger crowd and overall make sense in the long term planning of things. ROH are just adding an extra caviet for their themselves which is the right thing to do personally.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

ROH is close to a sell out for Atalanta, they are 28 tickets remaining, there's been no change for Concord though.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:27 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm

When the events having quite a few NJPW guys (I imagine) and the matches that are taking place leading to what is going to be the finall card for Supercard then it should draw a bigger crowd and overall make sense in the long term planning of things. ROH are just adding an extra caviet for their themselves which is the right thing to do personally.
I don't see anyone from NJPW announced, and we're three weeks out from the shows. Also, isn't NJPW running a tour at that time?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

One week after the historic G1 Supercard at sold-out Madison Square Garden, fans in Pittsburgh and Columbus, Ohio will experience the immediate fallout when ROH makes its much-anticipated return to both cities.

Ring of Honor presents Steel City Excellence, an international television taping at Stage AE in Pittsburgh on Saturday, April 13. Then on Sunday, April 14, ROH heads to EXPRESS LIVE! in Columbus for Masters of the Craft, an event to be streamed LIVE for HonorClub.

Tickets for both events go on sale Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m. Eastern for HonorClub members, and Friday, Jan. 18 at 10 a.m. Eastern for the general public.

ROH is coming off its most successful year ever, and there is plenty of excitement in the air for 2019. ROH recently signed some of the hottest free agents in the industry, including sensational luchador Bandido, the enigmatic PCO, the no-nonsense Brody King and outstanding UK star Mark Haskins. The new additions join a roster full of top stars, exciting up-and-comers and bonafide legends.

Don’t miss your opportunity to see ROH live in Pittsburgh and Columbus!

Steel City Excellence (international television taping)
Saturday, April 3, 2019
Stage AE
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Meet & Greets: 4pm
Bell Time: 6pm

Masters of the Craft
Sunday, April 4, 2019
EXPRESS LIVE!
Columbus, Ohio
Meet & Greets: 5pm
Bell Time: 7pm