Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

That's not the worst. So long as they can sell out the first row of bleachers for a house show I'd call it a potential breaking even.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:08 pm Image

After hosting Ring of Honor’s hugely successful Best in the World pay-per-view, the new UMBC Event Center will be the site for Glory By Honor: Baltimore on Saturday, Oct. 13.

Tickets for the event in Baltimore go on sale Wednesday, July 18 for HonorClub members and Friday, July 20 for the general public.

Baltimore has a rich history in pro wrestling, including with ROH, whose home offices and Dojo are located there. The rabid crowd in Charm City at Best in the World on June 29 again showed why Baltimore is a true wrestling town.

Glory By Honor shows have been a staple for ROH since the company’s inception in 2002. Classic matches have taken place at Glory By Honor and the ROH World Title has changed hands at the event twice, including in 2005 when Bryan Danielson was crowned.

With a deep and talented roster that includes champions at the top of their game, innovative up-and-comers and bonafide legends, ROH is a must-see-live experience.

Don’t miss your opportunity to see Glory By Honor: Baltimore live!

Glory By Honor: Baltimore
Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018
Streamed live worldwide for HonorClub
UMBC Event Center
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
ROH put out a tweet saying the show is now on Friday, October 12th.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 92192?s=21
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 am
monster mafia wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:08 pm Image

After hosting Ring of Honor’s hugely successful Best in the World pay-per-view, the new UMBC Event Center will be the site for Glory By Honor: Baltimore on Saturday, Oct. 13.

Tickets for the event in Baltimore go on sale Wednesday, July 18 for HonorClub members and Friday, July 20 for the general public.

Baltimore has a rich history in pro wrestling, including with ROH, whose home offices and Dojo are located there. The rabid crowd in Charm City at Best in the World on June 29 again showed why Baltimore is a true wrestling town.

Glory By Honor shows have been a staple for ROH since the company’s inception in 2002. Classic matches have taken place at Glory By Honor and the ROH World Title has changed hands at the event twice, including in 2005 when Bryan Danielson was crowned.

With a deep and talented roster that includes champions at the top of their game, innovative up-and-comers and bonafide legends, ROH is a must-see-live experience.

Don’t miss your opportunity to see Glory By Honor: Baltimore live!

Glory By Honor: Baltimore
Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018
Streamed live worldwide for HonorClub
UMBC Event Center
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
ROH put out a tweet saying the show is now on Friday, October 12th.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 92192?s=21
PPV?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

GBH becoming a major show again would be nice, especially after we didn't even get one last year.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well, that ROH vs. CMLL show from Pura Raza Promotions hasn't been that cross promotional as it sounded. Just two matches. Btw, great card:

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Daniels has a title match.

I doubt CMLL will change one of their titles at an indie show but I guess we'll see.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Expected given the Hechicero show:
The Briscoes will appear on the Aug. 3 show at Arena Mexico, and Daniels will be on the Aug. 5 show at the same venue. Taven, CMLL’s NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion, will compete in CMLL starting with the Aug. 3 event.
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/brisc ... mll-august

Doesn't this mark the official CMLL debuts for both Daniels and the Briscoes?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 pm Expected given the Hechicero show:
The Briscoes will appear on the Aug. 3 show at Arena Mexico, and Daniels will be on the Aug. 5 show at the same venue. Taven, CMLL’s NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion, will compete in CMLL starting with the Aug. 3 event.

Yes.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 pm Expected given the Hechicero show:

Yes.
I'm kind of surprised Daniels hasn't worked their before, considering how long he's been around and the fact that CMLL and TNA used to be friendly.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:05 am
AlexROH wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Yes.
I'm kind of surprised Daniels hasn't worked their before, considering how long he's been around and the fact that CMLL and TNA used to be friendly.
TNA has been friendly with AAA, where Daniels already wrestle back in 2010.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact and CMLL also worked together for a short time but I cannot for the life of me recall anything significant that came of it.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 am Impact and CMLL also worked together for a short time but I cannot for the life of me recall anything significant that came of it.
From Wiki:
From 2007 to 2009, CMLL had a working relationship with American promotion Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, which saw CMLL's Averno, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero and Volador, Jr. winning the 2008 TNA World X Cup and TNA worker Alex Shelley winning the 2008 CMLL International Grand Prix.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Global Wars returns this November:
The stars of Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling will join forces again this November for four big events on the Global Wars Tour to be streamed LIVE for HonorClub, ROH officials announced.

ROH makes its much-anticipated debut in Maine when the tour kicks off on Nov. 7 in Lewiston, Maine at Androscoggin Bank Colisee; Global Wars then heads to Lowell, Mass., at the Memorial Auditorium on Nov. 8; ROH returns to Buffalo, N.Y., for the first time in more than a year when Global Wars makes a stop at Buffalo RiverWorks on Nov. 9; and the tour concludes in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, at Mattamy Centre on Nov. 11.

Global Wars events have been must-see shows since their inception four years ago, and the action in ROH and NJPW has never been hotter than it is right now.

Two weeks ago, the historic announcement was made that ROH and NJPW would co-present G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden in New York City on April 6, 2019. The Global Wars events could play a significant role for both companies on the road to MSG.

Keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com and ROH Social for Global Wars on-sale dates and talent and match announcements.

GLOBAL WARS TOUR 2018
-Streaming LIVE for HonorClub-

Wednesday, Nov 7 -- Lewiston, Maine, Androscoggin Bank Colisee, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov 8 -- Lowell, Mass., Memorial Auditorium, 7:30 pm
Friday, Nov 9 -- Buffalo, N.Y., Buffalo RiverWorks, 7:30 pm
Sunday, Nov 11 -- Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Mattamy Centre, 7:00 pm
Debut in Maine in a venue with 3k seats and return to Toronto without Ted Reeve arena. They haven't run Mattamy Centre since ASE V in 2013. That time they only put on sale the floor seats, the building has a capacity of 15k.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

New markets, bigger venues. Exciting times.

NJPW and ROH still both seem to be full steam ahead on the working relationship. I think both realize neither could keep the Bullet Club happy without the other, and there's no guarantee they can even do it together.

I still want to see CMLL get more involved in this.

I know it's traditionally very difficult for foreign wrestlers to go down there to CMLL and win titles, but if Taven and Corleone can do it I don't see why the hell the Young Bucks aren't down there winning CMLL tag gold. There are so many great matches they could have with CMLL guys.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Really cool match announced for next week's CMLL Negro Navarro Tribute show in Arena Mexico:

The Briscoes & Rush vs. Pentagon, Fenix & L.A. Park

My god, so hyped for this match. First time ever match here between Briscoes and Lucha Brothers. Hope we can see an actual tag match between them at All In.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The Briscoes and the Lucha Bros are made for each other. I would watch any type of match between them.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hope to see new matches in this global wars tour...

suzuki vs lethal
gresham vs ibushi
ibushi & omega vs briscoes
sabin vs kushida

i hope okada can make the tour this time.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Great to see them return to the old Maple Leaf Gardens. With the turn up in production since they last ran in 2013 I'm excited for how that show will look.

If they can book Omega from New Japan's side they'll be making a serious run for selling as many tickets for that show as they can. I can't see them allocating the entire arena but much like how Chicago was the main event show of last years, Toronto should be the main event of this years. And in Impact's "hometown" too.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I like where their production is some think their production is horrible
Big Red Machine

Maine, huh? So if I'm correct, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Mississippi, are the only states east of the Mississippi River that have yet to host an ROH show. This also brings us up 31 states that have had an ROH show in their territory proper, as well as Missouri, who have had shows done for the St. Louis market that happened to be just across the river in Collinsville, IL.