Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by GardenStateSaint »

SandsShifter wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 am
GardenStateSaint wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:06 am Any idea why ROH hasn't run Baltimore this year?
Maybe they're looking for a new venue, because the one they use now in Baltimore is TERRIBLE.
Find a better venue and let them know!
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:21 am A small tour of the Pacific Northwest could make sense then. I'd say start with small venues and see how well they draw. I wouldn't bring Omega in yet. Save him for special occasions. Who knows how long his drawing power will last. Lets see how well the ROH roster draws without him.
If they do a small tour of the PNW, they should do it in the middle of January so I'm still up in Tacoma on winter break and not back in Vegas for the Spring Term. It's a selfish reason but I want to be there when ROH comes to the Seattle Area.

And then come to Yakima in the spring time with Castle vs Omega for the ROH Championship and tons of CMLL Talent and see if they can pack the Sun Dome out there. Fuck it. Being half serious.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

WebConn wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:18 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:21 am A small tour of the Pacific Northwest could make sense then. I'd say start with small venues and see how well they draw. I wouldn't bring Omega in yet. Save him for special occasions. Who knows how long his drawing power will last. Lets see how well the ROH roster draws without him.
If they do a small tour of the PNW, they should do it in the middle of January so I'm still up in Tacoma on winter break and not back in Vegas for the Spring Term. It's a selfish reason but I want to be there when ROH comes to the Seattle Area.

And then come to Yakima in the spring time with Castle vs Omega for the ROH Championship and tons of CMLL Talent and see if they can pack the Sun Dome out there. Fuck it. Being half serious.
If the tour draws well enough to eventually get a PPV you may get your wish. Although I doubt you get too much CMLL talent. Too far from Mexico that it may not help expand their business. Unless there is a large Latino market there. I honestly have no idea.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Wait another year until a certain brain damaged Washingtonian returns.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Yakima has a HUGE hispanic market which is why I think using CMLL Talent would be a good thing. Glory By Honor next October in Yakima headlined by D-Bry lol.

I do want ROH in the Greater Seattle Area.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TYFDK wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:48 am ROH coming back to Nashville, Concord and Atlanta

Nashville - 1/27 (Nashville Municipal Auditorium)
Concord - 2/9 (Cabarrus Arena)
Atlanta - 2/10 (Center Stage)

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/sale-d ... na-atlanta
The Nashville show has been pushed forward to 1/20.

http://rohwrestling.com/news/breaking-n ... -tv-taping

Wish it was a new venue because the last time ROH did TV there, it just looked bad with all the empty seats.

In 2008, they ran the Vanderbilt Memorial Gymnasium. Would love to see a return to that venue, though I'm sure around basketball season it can't be easy.

But look at that. Even if the crowd's empty, at least it gives you something nice to look at.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The Muncipial is cheap to run and if they can fit at least 2,000 in it, after tappering off it looks good. Its a hell of a lot better than the Fairgrounds which can't even support the lighting rig.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Would ROH and WWE be willing to not step on each other and create a special weekend for Sin City?

Observer:
the next Raw PPV isn’t until 2/25, which will be the Elimination Chamber show from the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

supersonic wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 pm Would ROH and WWE be willing to not step on each other and create a special weekend for Sin City?

Observer:
the next Raw PPV isn’t until 2/25, which will be the Elimination Chamber show from the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas
Given the T-Mobile's obscene service fees, ROH can step all they want.
The Dragon Saga

Wouldn't be shocked if that's the weekend of the 16th Anniversary.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Cody was asked on Twitter if ROH would possibly go to Kansas City in 2018 and he said it was a big possibility, and also hinted that ROH will be debuting in a lot of new markets next year.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Likely a bunch of markets that will be getting ROH TV via the Tribune merger.

I really hope they get WGN, too. One big cable home, 72% of the country getting the show on Sinclair networks, Charge still showing it on TV+streaming, Fite TV, plus rohwrestling.com would make ROH by far the most widely available wrestling show in the country. I think with all of those platforms combined they could actually start getting viewership numbers in the millions.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Honor Rising 2018 will take place on February 23th and 24th at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Wouldn't be surprised if the Anniversary Show is the weekend before.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Cowards for not piggybacking the Chamber in Vegas.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am Cowards for not piggybacking the Chamber in Vegas.
Is Elimination Chamber a show you can really piggyback, though? It's not like Mania or SummerSlam where people fly in from out of town for it. Going somewhere else seems like the right call to me.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

PWG’s opportunity to semi-piggyback then for those in the Southwest.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Maybe they do the Anniversary show and Tapings that first weekend of March the 2nd and 3rd from Vegas.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Dragon Saga

Has anyone noticed them seem to have reverted to that black and white scratch logo that they were using when SBG rebranded it in 2011? Just something I've been noticing more lately. They seemed more fixated on the 3D colored one before.