Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Lio Rush is going to be in Germany this October for a few dates, so it looks like he'll be missing ROH's October shows in Chicago Ridge, Dearborn, Ft. Lauderdale, & Lakeland:

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@willh94 14h14 hours ago Georgia, USA
ROH returns to Atlanta on January 14th, 2017, and are running Center Stage!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Nice! Center Stage looks really good, I'm very much in favor of ROH going for more visually appealing and presentable venues. Is this a TV taping?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@ringofhonor 9m9 minutes ago
Signed for GLORY BY HONOR on
Fri. Oct. 14th in Chicago Ridge... First Time One-on-One ... DALTON CASTLE vs. JAY BRISCOE!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

New matches anunced for this year's Glory By Honor Weekend:

Friday October 14th -> Mark Briscoe vs Colt Cabana and Cole/Page vs reDRagon

Saturday October 15th -> Champions (Cole, Bucks & Fish) vs All Stars (Colt Cabana, Dalton Caslte & The Briscoes)

Looks interesting on papper the CvsAS match. I would rather see Kyle in Mark's spot, but still a good match. Friday will it a be a TV Taping?
Montana

Post by Montana »

So Michigan gets Champions vs. ALl Stars 3 years in a row?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AlexROH wrote:Looks interesting on papper the CvsAS match. I would rather see Kyle in Mark's spot, but still a good match. Friday will it a be a TV Taping?
The next TV Taping isn't until October 29th in Baltimore. What they taped this past weekend should cover the next four weeks or so.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Adam Cole vs Bull James is a proving ground match set for 10/21/16 ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE - FT LAUDERDALE, FL :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:Adam Cole vs Bull James is a proving ground match set for 10/21/16 ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE - FT LAUDERDALE, FL :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
OMFG, again I don't really know what ROH sees in Bull James. He's awuful as fack. Hope he loses and leave ROH FOREVER
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote:
monster mafia wrote:Adam Cole vs Bull James is a proving ground match set for 10/21/16 ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE - FT LAUDERDALE, FL :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
OMFG, again I don't really know what ROH sees in Bull James. He's awuful as fack. Hope he loses and leave ROH FOREVER
If this is what happens, I'm perfectly fine with it.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH was asked on Twitter when they were heading back to California, and they responded with "hopefully next year" so it's possible they're looking for a date or two there.

Would hope they try to go to San Francisco, namely the Great American Music Hall because it's such a great looking venue.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Hate to be a negative nancy.... but why did Glory by Honor go from one of the biggest shows of the year, to a "B Show" at best. I'm guessing with the scheduling, in the OCT/NOV timeframe, it helps lead up to Final Battle is their logic. Just seems like it used to be a "A" quality lineup... and now it's basically Champs vs. All Stars. If they want to use the show to set up Final Battle.... i'd imagine there is a better way to do it than Champs vs All Stars... ala Survival of the fittest. I guess it's also discouraging that one match has been signed for Detroit. I guess they can get by with the "ROH" name alone, and don't need to market the talent/matchups. They typically always have a good attendance at the door for Detroit/Dearborn as well.

Sorry for the rant. I am looking forward to the show. I just some some matches announced to get excited for! First ROH show without Mr. ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe because is not a ppv but champions vs all stars always is one of the best roh matches that they can offer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Montana wrote:Hate to be a negative nancy.... but why did Glory by Honor go from one of the biggest shows of the year, to a "B Show" at best. I'm guessing with the scheduling, in the OCT/NOV timeframe, it helps lead up to Final Battle is their logic. Just seems like it used to be a "A" quality lineup... and now it's basically Champs vs. All Stars. If they want to use the show to set up Final Battle.... i'd imagine there is a better way to do it than Champs vs All Stars... ala Survival of the fittest. I guess it's also discouraging that one match has been signed for Detroit. I guess they can get by with the "ROH" name alone, and don't need to market the talent/matchups. They typically always have a good attendance at the door for Detroit/Dearborn as well.

Sorry for the rant. I am looking forward to the show. I just some some matches announced to get excited for! First ROH show without Mr. ROH.
I'm guessing scheduling has something to do with it, as other shows (The Anniversary Show, Best In The World, All-Star Extravaganza) have taken precedence over Glory By Honor, but to be honest, Glory By Honor has really diminished in importance since the SBG era started. I think 2012 was the last time the show was truly important.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

monster mafia wrote:maybe because is not a ppv but champions vs all stars always is one of the best roh matches that they can offer
Though last year was a bit of a fluke in that they lost Styles and ACH which hurt it massively. Not a single announced All Star was actually on the All Star team (Roddy's switch was planned at least)
Big Red Machine

I'm rather baffled that they have decided to make All-Star Extravaganza their big fall PPV instead of Glory By Honor. GBH is the more historic show, and ASE had always previously been associated with overseas talent coming in for that weekend, so doing this the way they have also gets away from the history of that show. And for the person who doesn't care about the history, Glory By Honor is a MUCH cooler (and ROH-y) name than the ultra-generic All-Star Extravaganza.
Embracejg

Post by Embracejg »

Calling the Chicago card a B-level lineup is an insult to B-level cards.

It's never a good sign when the Bucks are in singles matches.

After the excellent cards AAW puts on month after month, ROH isn't giving Chicago crowds much of a reason to show up.
Big Red Machine

So... are the official names for both this year's Lockport show and last year's both Reloaded Tour: Lockport or there a 2016 somewhere? And if so, where? Is it after "Reloaded Tour:" or after Lockport?
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

Why is it bad that The Bucks are in singles? I find that it is possibly one of the freshest things any company who books them could do right now. Incredibly stale as a team and very few fresh opponents. Wish they would do it more. Much better than another serviceable, same ol', lazy multiman tag main event with them.

The four way and three way on that show are two of the more cool matches from the company in recent memory.
Big Red Machine

rohfan237 wrote:Why is it bad that The Bucks are in singles? I find that it is possibly one of the freshest things any company who books them could do right now. Incredibly stale as a team and very few fresh opponents. Wish they would do it more. Much better than another serviceable, same ol', lazy multiman tag main event with them.

The four way and three way on that show are two of the more cool matches from the company in recent memory.
I agree. There is nothing wrong with the Bucks doing singles matches every once in a while.