Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

Burnside wrote:Okay - did he cut some sort of "I need to go away and regroup" promo that I missed? Has anybody said or done anything to tell that story? Has there been any actual on-air explanation for his disappearance?
They are not explained the angle yet, but the last on-air apparence was against Kyle not Taven.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:
Burnside wrote:Okay - did he cut some sort of "I need to go away and regroup" promo that I missed? Has anybody said or done anything to tell that story? Has there been any actual on-air explanation for his disappearance?
They are not explained the angle yet, but the last on-air apparence was against Kyle not Taven.
Yeah, I remember Cole cut a promo on one of shows taped in Las Vegas where he addressed speculation that he was on a "downslide", before he was then interrupted by Taven, but that was before the shows in Dallas.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

The only angle Delirious knows really.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:The only angle Delirious knows really.
Hey! That's not fair! He also knows how to put mysterious men in red masks.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So the reason why only Nick Jackson is on the poster for the show in Baltimore this July is because Matt Jackson is on vacation that week (ROH just clarified this on Twitter).
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So the reason why only Nick Jackson is on the poster for the show in Baltimore this July is because Matt Jackson is on vacation that week (ROH just clarified this on Twitter).
What? Was someone afraid that Matt had signed with WWE but not Nick?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So ROH will be returning to Dearborn, Michigan on 10/15.
Saintpat

Post by Saintpat »

Looking like no Atlanta or anywhere else I can drive to rest of the year, which is disappointing. Lasts three shows in ATL had big crowds, but it might be fairly expensive to take ROH on the road that far for a house show.

Damn.

On a side note, I'm convinced Truth Martini has outstanding warrants in Georgia. He hasn't shown there the last three times.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Saintpat wrote: On a side note, I'm convinced Truth Martini has outstanding warrants in Georgia. He hasn't shown there the last three times.
If I recall correctly, he can't enter Canada either. I wonder how the hell he made it into Japan.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Saintpat wrote:Looking like no Atlanta or anywhere else I can drive to rest of the year, which is disappointing. Lasts three shows in ATL had big crowds, but it might be fairly expensive to take ROH on the road that far for a house show.

Damn.
Actually, they replied to someone on Twitter a few weeks ago who asked about that, and said that they'll be returning to Duluth in September.
Saintpat

Post by Saintpat »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Saintpat wrote:Looking like no Atlanta or anywhere else I can drive to rest of the year, which is disappointing. Lasts three shows in ATL had big crowds, but it might be fairly expensive to take ROH on the road that far for a house show.

Damn.
Actually, they replied to someone on Twitter a few weeks ago who asked about that, and said that they'll be returning to Duluth in September.
Interesting -- they have released some September and October dates but no Duluth. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:

Damn.
Did they have any other sites announced that aren't on the events calendar?

also, is it likely that they won't be returning to the Dallas area and that was just for WM weekend and for TX shows it's probably just San Antonio going forward?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:

Damn.
Did they have any other sites announced that aren't on the events calendar?
I heard they were planning a return to Baltimore in October (again, mentioned on Twitter), but that was before they announced the show in Baltimore for July.
Embracejg

Post by Embracejg »

Hopefully the Dearbon date is paired with a Chicago show. There wasn't any return date set for Chicago, correct?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Glory By Honor XV announced in October for Chicago Ridge & Dearborn (the latter will be Champions vs. All-Stars):
With the massive success that was GLOBAL WARS and the WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR, Ring of Honor can't wait to get back to Chicago and Dearborn! And we can now officially confirm our fall return to this two cities. The fans in Chicago Ridge and Dearborn are some the most enthusiastic in the world, and this October all your favorite ROH stars will be back in action!

On Friday, October 14th, Ring of Honor comes to Chicago Ridge. And on Saturday, October 15th, we will be hitting Dearborn for another night of the best professional wrestling on the planet! ROHWRESTLING.com will have all the latest updates on matches signed and every star scheduled to appear. But don't wait to get your tickets!

GLORY BY HONOR
Friday, October 14th
Frontier Fieldhouse
9807 Sayre Ave
Chicago Ridge, Illinois 6041
7:30PM CST BELL TIME

GLORY BY HONOR: CHAMPIONS vs ALL STARS
Saturday, October 15th
Ford Community & Performing Arts Center
15801 Michigan Avenue
Dearborn, MI 48126
7:00PM EST BELL TIME

Tickets for both returns go on sale for Ringside Members this WEDNESDAY, May 18th at 10AM EST and will be available by clicking HERE for Chicago Ridge and HERE for Dearborn.

The best way to guarantee the Best Premium Seats is to become an ROH Ringside Member. Ringside Membership gives you exclusive access to special ROH content as well as the chance to catch ROH TV online early! Plus, Ringside Members get discounts on ROH merchandise and access to exclusive pre-orders. Tickets go on sale for Ringside Member days before they are made available to the general public.

To become a Ringside Member today, click HERE!

Tickets go on sale to the General Public on FRIDAY, May 20th at 10AM EST.
Big Red Machine

Okay... why does one show have to be "Glory By Honor" and the second show is "Glory By Honor: Champions vs. All-Stars." Why can't the second show just be "Champions vs. All-Stars?" That seems like it will cause a lot less confusion.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Big Red Machine wrote:Okay... why does one show have to be "Glory By Honor" and the second show is "Glory By Honor: Champions vs. All-Stars." Why can't the second show just be "Champions vs. All-Stars?" That seems like it will cause a lot less confusion.
Now you're criticizing the symantics of a show title, seriously?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I appreciate that Champions vs. All Stars get its own billing and is part of the canon of the Glory By Honor weekend.

Also, we could have had much worse (see 2012). It could have been “Glory By Honor: The Unbreakable Hope Meets A Lethal Strike-Back Crisis.”
Big Red Machine

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Okay... why does one show have to be "Glory By Honor" and the second show is "Glory By Honor: Champions vs. All-Stars." Why can't the second show just be "Champions vs. All-Stars?" That seems like it will cause a lot less confusion.
Now you're criticizing the symantics of a show title, seriously?
"Now?" I've been criticizing show title for a while now.
But yes. I am. Because it seems like such an easy thing to get right. "Glory By Honor: Champions vs. All-Stars" is a mouthful, and having two shows called "Glory By Honor" can only lead to confusion. And on the most simple, obvious, basic level: if the thing you are focusing on is the Champions vs. All-Stars match (which it should be because otherwise what's the point of doing it?), then why wouldn't you make that and that alone the title of the show. The "Glory By Honor" part of it is completely pointless, so why have it?
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote:I appreciate that Champions vs. All Stars get its own billing and is part of the canon of the Glory By Honor weekend.

Also, we could have had much worse (see 2012). It could have been “Glory By Honor: The Unbreakable Hope Meets A Lethal Strike-Back Crisis.”
But it's not "getting its own billing. The show is "Glory By Honor: Champions vs. All-Stars." If it were getting its own billing, it would just be called "Champions vs. All-Stars."