Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The stars of RING OF HONOR and NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING unite this May for the WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR!

We already know that the action kicks off on Sunday, May 8th in Chicago Ridge with GLOBAL WARS live on pay-per-view. Tickets for this event are already on sale for Ringside Members right HERE. Tickets for GLOBAL WARS go on sale to the general public tomorrow, Friday, February 5th at 10am est.

As huge as this event will be, it's only the start of the WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR! The entire week is filled with ROH/NJPW action!

Monday, May 9th
Ford Community & Performing Arts Center
15801 Michigan Avenue
Dearborn, MI 48126

Wednesday, May 11th
TED REEVE ARENA
175 Main Street
Toronto, ON

Saturday, May 14th
Terminal 5
610 West 56th Street
New York, NY

With stops in Chicago, Dearborn, Toronto, and New York City, the WAR OF THE WARS TOUR is an international collision of the best wrestlers on the planet and you don't want to miss it! Speculation is already rampant that these events WILL sell out!

The best way to guarantee you are there live is to become an ROH Ringside Member. Ringside Membership gives you exclusive access to special ROH content as well as the chance to catch ROH TV online early! Plus, Ringside Members get discounts on ROH merchandise and access to exclusive pre-orders. Tickets for the WAR OF THE WORLD TOUR stops will go on sale for Ringside Members days before they are made available to the general public. To become a Ringside Member today, click HERE!

ROHWRESTLING.com will have all the latest details for ticket release dates and ROH/NJPW stars signed to compete during this massive global collaboration. Clear your calendar today and get ready because the WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR takes over May 2016!
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Terminal 5
:roll:
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH should try to run Penn Station like the WWE did in '97.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The reaction so far to Terminal 5 has been the worst so far. All I've seen on Twitter is people saying "fuck New Japan, I'm not doing Terminal 5". I think ROH should seriously, seriously reconsider this this time.
The Dragon Saga

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... erminal_5/
If you are not a ROH fan you might not understand this but Terminal 5 is literally the worst wrestling venue, ever! I am in my late 30's and grew up going to the ECW Arena at least once sometimes more, every month to watch ECW when I was in my teens. It was a dump, it was literally a dump. The fans were horrible, the smell was horrible, fans would be sneaking beer into the show, the toilets were some of the worst you could ever imagine, the only place I know that was worse was the Madhouse in Queens which I traveled to once and there was literally shit on the walls of the toilet which I swear read "SABU". Someone took a shit and wrote SABU on the walls with it. Picture that for a moment.
Terminal 5 is worse than Sabu wrote on the walls in human excrement.

Well then.
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

Yea I am disappointed that the ROH/NJPW show will be at Terminal 5. The place is not wrestling friendly at all, unless you seat up close its useless to go and spend money on a ticket.. and forget about GA.
The Dragon Saga

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... help_your/

A group of fans want other ROH fans to tweet Ring of Honor with the #BoycottTerminal5. This is both hilarious and prosperous, there's little chance of it working but I hope it does because Terminal 5 sucks balls.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Won't work for this show because I'm sure they already have the venue booked, but maybe it would help get them to not keep booking future dates there.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The #BoycottTerminal5 thing is the most doucheback thing to do, if you don´t want to go is your choice but trying to make others do the same help nobody, same people that do this would complain about the prices if ROH returns to the Hammerstein.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If the Terminal 5 event doesn't make profit, it forces ROH to reevaluate.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah it's not going to prevent people from going. The floor seats will obviously sell out, and people will eventually get GA on the upper decks with the hopes that they'll get there early and get right up on the balcony. It may not sell out because of the reason, but it'll get a 'from the eyes of the viewer' packed house.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

supersonic wrote:If the Terminal 5 event doesn't make profit, it forces ROH to reevaluate.
To reevaluate running Philly instead of New York most likely, that´s why i think this has no gain for them if what they want is ROH to keep running in New York.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:
supersonic wrote:If the Terminal 5 event doesn't make profit, it forces ROH to reevaluate.
To reevaluate running Philly instead of New York most likely, that´s why i think this has no gain for them if what they want is ROH to keep running in New York.
I was shocked they weren't running Philly, too. I mean... if you're willing run Monday night or Wednesday night with the New Japan guys, why wouldn't you run on Friday or Sunday in one of your biggest markets with them. If they're already going to be in New York, there is no reason not to run Philly.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:The #BoycottTerminal5 thing is the most doucheback thing to do, if you don´t want to go is your choice but trying to make others do the same help nobody, same people that do this would complain about the prices if ROH returns to the Hammerstein.
You clearly haven't been to Terminal5. High prices are one thing, but an atrocious venue where it is almost impossible to see is much worse. ROH is only in NY a few times a year. If I have to, I'll pay $40 or $50 for a good ticket to ROH a few times a year (it's still cheaper than the Rangers, Knicks, or even the Liberty). It's much better than paying $20 and barely getting to see.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I heard that Terminal5 is a shitty venue, i was just saying that the whole boycott thing is not going to get the results people want IMO
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

You don't have to hate on them for trying to do something about it though
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You can do a petition or something like that, no need to boycott. I hate the way of doing it not they trying to.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Remember, War of the Worlds last year was originally one night, and they added a second. I'm sure they'll add another date, unless they're set of 4 again. Could just be waiting til after the March show in Philly to announce a May return for WOTW.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Fuck I got on to buy Global Wars tickets about 30 seconds after they went on sale just in time to see the last two available seats disappear before my eyes
Hopefully they will add more since it looked set up for under 1000