Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jordidebaas

Re: Ring of Honor Events Schedule Thread

Post by jordidebaas »

Big Red Machine wrote:
JShmoopy wrote:I guess I'd probably feel a bit like a jerk if I asked my mom to watch my kids on Mother's Day. Especially since I have four of them.
It's all about how you frame it. Tell her it's "quality time" with her grandchildren.
Or say your trying to start this new tradition of also celebrating grandmothers on mother's day. And what better way to do that than for your kids to spend the entire day with granny?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

dark patriot wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
jordidebaas wrote:Do people actually celebrate mother's day?
In the half-assed "brunch with the extended family" way, which makes Father's Day feel even more lame because it's the same dull thing we do for Mother's Day, except that we just did it last month.
great post.
I shook my head.

Philly tickets didn't move as quick as I thought they would.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

San Antonio's got a new show at the Shrine on 4/23, via the TV show this weekend.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

TYFDK wrote:San Antonio's got a new show at the Shrine on 4/23, via the TV show this weekend.
Could swear someone said they were leaving the Shrine. Oh well, even though it's too small and looks bad on TV.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

Is Philly a TV taping or just a house show? It doesn't have anything about it being a TV taping, which would be strange, but they are also taping TV in Las Vegas two weeks before, so I assume its a house show.

I know, I know. I'm spoiled!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ColourMeCurious wrote:Is Philly a TV taping or just a house show? It doesn't have anything about it being a TV taping, which would be strange, but they are also taping TV in Las Vegas two weeks before, so I assume its a house show.
And taping TV in Dallas a few weeks afterwards.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Quick note about Honor Rising: Dave Meltzer reported that both shows will be airing live on NJPWWorld.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Global Wars will indeed be in the Frontier Fieldhouse:
The stars of RING OF HONOR and NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING return to Chicago on May 8, 2016 when GLOBAL WARS emanates from the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge! This clash of international stars will air LIVE on PAY PER VIEW with the festivities kicking off at 8 PM EST/5 PM PST!

While no stars have been announced yet, ROH promises that this show will truly be spectacular as the best international stars from both NJPW and ROH collide in the Windy City!

Fans will be able to watch this extravaganza in the United States on all major carriers and worldwide on ROHWrestling.com but nothing beats seeing the hard-hitting, fast-paced action LIVE and in person!

Last year in Toronto, fans around the globe ensured Global Wars was a SELL OUT! If you are considering seeing The Best Wrestling on the Planet do battle with and alongside the stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling LIVE, you will need to get your tickets early before the do in fact SELL OUT! For our Ringside Members, tickets go on sale Wednesday February 3 at 10 AM EST/7 AM PST. For the general public, tickets go on sale Friday February 5 at 10 AM EST/7 AM PST!

Keep it locked on ROHWrestling.com to purchase your tickets to see GLOBAL WARS in Chicago!
ROHCanadian

Post by ROHCanadian »

I'm very surprised that ROH has yet to announce a return date for Toronto. Even though the May 2015 shows and crowd were amazing they didn't want to answer about return dates and still nothing. It's a shame that such a hot market has gone without ROH for this long. The last time we had a year between shows was May 2011-May 2012. Give us a show in Mississauga or Markham again if necessary as I'm sure I'm not the only local thinking it's been too long.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ROHCanadian wrote:I'm very surprised that ROH has yet to announce a return date for Toronto. Even though the May 2015 shows and crowd were amazing they didn't want to answer about return dates and still nothing. It's a shame that such a hot market has gone without ROH for this long. The last time we had a year between shows was May 2011-May 2012. Give us a show in Mississauga or Markham again if necessary as I'm sure I'm not the only local thinking it's been too long.
I'm not even a local and I'm surprised by this. There was a time not long ago when Toronto was ROH's second or third biggest market (fourth at worst). It's possible they're afraid of their being border issues (there have been in the past), but with the New Japan shows, they figure that between their guys who are sure won't have border issues and the New Japan guys, they'll be able to field a full show's worth of guys.
Not a good excuse, IMO, because they could just use some local guys to fill out the card, but it is a possible explanation.
ROHCanadian

Post by ROHCanadian »

Many times the issue with the border is not having the papers in order. Yes there are a couple with bigger issues but every promotion has that. All the reasons we can say now (travel, dollar value, Talent) weren't issues last May. If anything it would be much cheaper to bring international talent to Toronto now than a year ago. Sad to see four shows a year become two,then one a year. So much opportunity here that's wasted, and opens the door for other promotions to attract the hungry fans.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

It's Harper's No Douchebags Allowed border policy. You can't get into Canada anymore if you have ANY sort of DUI or arrest for any type of violent conduct . Since so many wrestlers aren't boyscouts, there are a lot that can't get into the country.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wow that sucks. That makes about 90% of the ECW alumni ineligible to wrestle north of the border.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

In other words, Canada wants more Bryan Danielson, less Sean Haire. Learn your lesson and act like rational adults, carnies.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Or we can take this in a completely different direction: More Rick Martel, less Tom Zenk.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROH did reply to someone on Twitter when Global Wars was first announced that a return to Toronto was planned, so it could still happen.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

ROHCanadian wrote:Many times the issue with the border is not having the papers in order. Yes there are a couple with bigger issues but every promotion has that. All the reasons we can say now (travel, dollar value, Talent) weren't issues last May. If anything it would be much cheaper to bring international talent to Toronto now than a year ago. Sad to see four shows a year become two,then one a year. So much opportunity here that's wasted, and opens the door for other promotions to attract the hungry fans.
Or they become 3-4 weekends spread out over the course of the year.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

bigz38 wrote:
ROHCanadian wrote:Many times the issue with the border is not having the papers in order. Yes there are a couple with bigger issues but every promotion has that. All the reasons we can say now (travel, dollar value, Talent) weren't issues last May. If anything it would be much cheaper to bring international talent to Toronto now than a year ago. Sad to see four shows a year become two,then one a year. So much opportunity here that's wasted, and opens the door for other promotions to attract the hungry fans.
Umm... What? The WWE doesn't even run Toronto four weekend, or eight shows, a year.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The plans for the annual big series of joint shows with New Japan in May at this point are shows on 5/8 in Chicago (which will be a PPV show), 5/9 in Detroit, 5/11 in Toronto and 5/14 in New York. I know it’s probably impossible, but I’d hope they could do the New York show at MCU Field in Brooklyn because that was probably the single most major league looking TNA television shows they’ve done, just between the look of the show, the size of the crowd and the star power and match quality. They did 2,000 people head-to-head with an NXT show that did 13,000, so the potential is there to draw more, although my gut is that the value of the New Japan guys could be weaker this year just because New Japan right now is weaker
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

trufreedom wrote:
bigz38 wrote:
Umm... What? The WWE doesn't even run Toronto four weekend, or eight shows, a year.
My bad, I thought that line was about New Japan's shows in the year. Totally blew that.

But hey, looks like they are indeed coming to Toronto in May.