The American Wolves head to Florida

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wrestlingisback

The American Wolves head to Florida

Post by Wrestlingisback »

ROH STARS REPORT TO WWE NXT
By Mike Johnson on 2013-11-18 19:31:40 The American Wolves, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards reported today to the WWE Performance Center. We are told that they will be in Orlando, Florida for a week-long tryout.
As previously reported in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, there have been some in WWE who have pushed for the pair to be signed despite some resistance from those who feel the company is currently stocked with good workers from the independent scene.

One WWE source believed the one week tryout could be stage one of the pair receiving a short-term trial deal that would send them to developmental for a few months.

supersonic

Re: The American Wolves head to Florida

Post by supersonic »

There's nothing new for either of them to do on the indies, so it's time for them to move forward and get coached on storytelling to make them the best workers they can be.
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

^. I may be the minority on this, but I'm not a huge fan of Davey. It seems like all of his ROH matches start off really strong, but towards the finish, they breakdown and get super awkward. The closing sequences vs. reDRagon at SCOH was a perfect example. It was a very good match, then Davey found himself in between balls to the walls speed and chain wrestling, and it turned out awful.

Big fan of Eddie. I'd like to see both succeed, but I feel like Eddie has more of a chance than Davey.
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

I guess Final Battle will be the last time we see both of them.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Davey needs to slow down. If he didn't try to do everything all the time, he'd be a great WORKER. He's a great wrestler, but he isn't the greatest worker. I'm 100% sure NXT will only help him in that regard, and it's not like they have a bad team of trainers down there. I'm excited to see where they go after the tryout.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

But Smile said they were lock-ins to be signed by TNA? I already have my Davey Richards Ace's and 8's t-shirt made.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If Davey gets title in NOAH,he can't go to WWE soon.
Should I hope this?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Honestly I think most people were surprised to see Davey even have another match in NOAH, never mind give him a chance of winning the Jr. Hvt title there.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Am I the only one who'd like for all this to come to an end?

The Wolves are going to WWE, no they're staying with ROH, maybe they are going to WWE? What's that, TNA is interested? No, now they are going to WWE.

If I were them I would tell WWE to sign them now, or forget about it. Just so this whole thing could come to an end.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I like Davey but the problem is I feel he is too stubborn to change his style to adapt to WWE. If you watch any of his shoot interviews you can get a feel as to what I am saying, but I can't see him changing anything he does. Plus I don't think the WWE would deal with his annual "I am going to quit to be an EMT" spiel either.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

They better get a proper sendoff at Final Battle. If they do, it will likely go on last instead of the world title match.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:They better get a proper sendoff at Final Battle. If they do, it will likely go on last instead of the world title match.
not a chance the wolves would get main event spot at Final Battle. clearly going to be the ROH title match
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
sg86

Post by sg86 »

I'd prefer to see Davey and Eddie have a long one-on-one match right before the intermission, but maybe that's just me.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DirtyDave wrote:
ROHFanAnthony wrote:They better get a proper sendoff at Final Battle. If they do, it will likely go on last instead of the world title match.
not a chance the wolves would get main event spot at Final Battle. clearly going to be the ROH title match
With the main event being a tad underwhelming, it makes perfect sense to let the Wolves go on last.
It really doesn't matter that it is the world title match, the Wolves should get an epic send-off like Punk, Dragon, Nigel. All of those got their send-off in the main event, the Wolves have earned this honor to get a big send-off.
In addition to that, it is 100% obvious Cole will retain the belt, thus I don't see one single arguement why Eddie's and Davey's sendoff should not go on last. They have not only been one of the most dominant tag teams in ROH history, both have been world champions and especially Davey has carried the company on his back for a long time. It has to be the main event, anything else would be classless.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Would be weird to see Roddy and The Wolves all get send-offs on the same night.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Eddie and Davey in the main event of Final Battle? OH THE MEMORIES

Just gimmie Eddie/Jacobs and Ced/Richards II or the opposite.
MOOSE!
TheFutureMG

Post by TheFutureMG »

Completely agree w/ a main event for Davey & Eddie if indeed there are leaving for the 'E! Cole's retaining no doubt, and nothing else really has the potential to be in the spot.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I don't think you should main event your alleged biggest show of the year with two guys who won't be there the following month. It feels like, "These are our two biggest stars, and guess what? They're leaving. Tune in next month to see the guys on the undercard, though."

If it was a regular house show, sure.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Burnside wrote:I don't think you should main event your alleged biggest show of the year with two guys who won't be there the following month. It feels like, "These are our two biggest stars, and guess what? They're leaving. Tune in next month to see the guys on the undercard, though."

If it was a regular house show, sure.
It worked for Dragon/Nigel, but that's only because it's Dragon and Nigel. Davey and Eddie may be former world champions, but they wouldn't be leaving ROH as main eventers, which is why I think them going before intermission or as the semi-main event is best.
Last Real Man Hype
Brad

Post by Brad »

I don't know why but this report doesn't make that much sense to me. The reason why I'm thinking this is because they are getting brought back up as a team for another try-out but at the end of story it says only one of them are going to get in. I have never heard of WWE giving someone a trail contract for 2 or 3 months I could be wrong. I feel like WWE is playing with them if they do that, they give one of them a contract and tell other one just wait a few months and we'll sign you kind of deal.

But I agree with ROHdk, I think this needs come to a end for Eddie and Davey for the fact they need to know what their future holds. I just hope they get a good send-off at Final Battle.