The American Wolves head to Florida

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

Re: The American Wolves head to Florida

Post by fm20000 »

I hope they make millions and main event everything.

They deserve it honestly
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Good for them, as well as for WWE. I hope , they 'll get signed.

By the way, I like their new team name. Pitbulls is even more fitting than Wolves, because of how small (but tough as hell) they are.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

John Cahill & Eric Philbin, The American Pitbulls!
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Matadors vs. Pitbulls!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

187_Joeism wrote:John Cahill & Eric Philbin, The American Pitbulls!
I got to admit "The American Pitbull" Richard Davidson and "Always Fighting" Edward Edison are still my favorites.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I read that were the names they called them at the NXT tapings.
The Dragon Saga

ob Feinstein, the original owner of Ring of Honor Wrestling and head of RF Video, who produced and distributed ECW’s DVD’s in the 1990′s followed by Ring of Honor and several other independent promotions in the 2000′s has revealed the details behind Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards’ deal going forward with the WWE.

In a Facebook post, Feinstein revealed that The Wolves aren’t signed to a contract but will be working in NXT. After a few months WWE will give them a chance on Smackdown and if they get over, they’ll receive contracts from the company, and if they don’t then they’ll presumably return to Ring of Honor and the indies having gained mainstream WWE exposure.

Feinstein wrote on Triple H‘s stance toward The American Wolves:

HHH feels that guys from ROH and PWG are hard to transform because they have their set ways and its harder for them to break them down and remold which I understand. So the deal with them is that they are not under contract.

So in-essence The American Wolves will be a WWE experiment to see if a well known independent tag team can get over on main roster television off their own laurels. If The Wolves were to succeed it could see a whole new mind-set opened in the company on how they scout potential tag teams with many top independent tag teams such as The Young Bucks stating previously their main fear if signed by the company is that they’d break them up and change their attitudes.

The American Wolves are still scheduled to work for Ring of Honor’s Final Battle event on December 14th where their expected to face Roderick Strong and Jay Lethal in what could be built as a “farewell match” of sorts.

The duo made an appearance on last night’s NXT taping in Orlando, built as The American Pitbulls.
IDK if that means they're allowed to work outside dates while working in NXT uncontracted. I presume not.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm not saying I know what's going on or anything, but Rob Feinstein isn't exactly the first person I'd trust about this information.

If it's true, though, that sounds kind of cool. Kinda like a trial, I like it.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Now Feinstein's an authority on this? Pass.
Last Real Man Hype
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Feinstein is just repeating already known info.
The Dragon Saga

JTCole wrote:Feinstein is just repeating already known info.
I don't remember every reading or hearing they'd be given a trial in the fashion their supposed to be getting one. This is old-school shit, stuff Vince wouldn't even do nowadays and hasn't done since the territorial days. We expected them to be given a trial of some sort or a short term development deal, but their going to be put on the main roster as opposed to development without any contract.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I have a feeling "American Pitbulls" is a temporary name. Once they actually sign they will be given something else.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Weird, as I thought some team (maybe the original Pitbulls) were named the American Pitbulls back in the 90s as a variation on the British Bulldogs.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

The Dragon Saga wrote: The American Wolves are still scheduled to work for Ring of Honor’s Final Battle event on December 14th where their expected to face Roderick Strong and Jay Lethal in what could be built as a “farewell match” of sorts.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: The American Wolves are still scheduled to work for Ring of Honor’s Final Battle event on December 14th where their expected to face Roderick Strong and Jay Lethal in what could be built as a “farewell match” of sorts.
That match up doesn't make any sense....i'd rather see the Wolves against each other than thrown together vs. Strong/Lethal. FB has 6 matches announced, i'd expect that 8 (or even 9) matches is the end count, so they could do something better than that.
Wedge

Post by Wedge »

I think Roderick being in Davey's farewell match makes perfect sense as they have been allies or rivals just about the entire time Davey has been in ROH. Plus Eddie's first major win and ROH title wins came against Strong as well. Jay Lethal doesn't make much sense but I don't know who else you would put there since Steen is already in a match.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Ladrao12 wrote:
That match up doesn't make any sense....i'd rather see the Wolves against each other than thrown together vs. Strong/Lethal. FB has 6 matches announced, i'd expect that 8 (or even 9) matches is the end count, so they could do something better than that.
Same here! Wolves vs Strong, Lethal feels just so random, what have Lethal and Strong in common to make them a tag team, even if it's just one night only? Lethal doesn't even have history with the Wolves, it just doesn't make sense at all and is just not good enough for the final match in their ROH careers.
I much rather see them facing off one final time in singles competition than such a lame, thrown together match.
Moreover, it should be interesting if they really get a send-off, since I've read now several times they are not yet under contract and will get a trial run. That would mean it could very well happen they won't get signed and could return to ROH in a few months actually. In that case, a big sen-off would not make much sense IMO.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

it was wrestling observer newsletter that said the American Wolves will finish up vs Roddy/Lethal.

Roddy and Lethal are long standing vets in ROH so it makes sense to me
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Wedge

Post by Wedge »

It's too bad ROH can't have the Briscoes vs Wolves at Final Battle. Maybe ROH would finally give the Wolves a win in a non-TV match. It's ridiculous that they are 1-5 against the Briscoes. The only match they won was back in June on TV.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

I would still like to see The American Wolves vs. Kendrick & London in ROH.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)