Official Final Battle 2013 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
tlova86

Official Final Battle 2013 Thread

Post by tlova86 »

Matt Hardy def. Adam Page

Strap Match
Silas Young def. Mark Briscoe

The Young Bucks def. Adrenaline RUSH

Stretcher Match
Kevin Steen def. Michael Bennett

ROH Tag Team Championship
reDRagon def. Outlaw Inc.

ROH TV Championship
Tommaso Ciampa def. Matt Taven *NEW CHAMPION*

Eddie Edwards & BJ Whitmer def. Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal

ROH World Championship
Adam Cole def. Michael Elgin & Jay Briscoe

Details: http://rohworld.com/final-battle-2013-results/
Last edited by tlova86 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Final Battle 2014 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think I said in one of the other topics on the forum today that I'd be waiting to post this thread until after the Pursuit shows this weekend, but it's ok. No worries I guess. Taking the initiative. :)

This is shaping up to be a good show thus far. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the show shakes out, because you've got people like Lethal, Strong & The Wolves who don't have stories going into this show and at this point I have no idea what their matches will be.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what the rest of the line up is. There would likely be Fish and O'Reilly v. Outlaw Inc., along with Steen v. Bennett. Other than that who knows what else.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think I said in one of the other topics on the forum today that I'd be waiting to post this thread until after the Pursuit shows this weekend, but it's ok. No worries I guess. Taking the initiative. :)

This is shaping up to be a good show thus far. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the show shakes out, because you've got people like Lethal, Strong & The Wolves who don't have stories going into this show and at this point I have no idea what their matches will be.
My bad didn't see your comment but like you said its shaping up to be a good show. I'm going to be at the show so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the show goes. My guess is Chris Hero returns after the TV Title match to start a feud with TOMMASO CIAMPA.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

tlova86 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think I said in one of the other topics on the forum today that I'd be waiting to post this thread until after the Pursuit shows this weekend, but it's ok. No worries I guess. Taking the initiative. :)

My bad didn't see your comment but like you said its shaping up to be a good show. I'm going to be at the show so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the show goes. My guess is Chris Hero returns after the TV Title match to start a feud with TOMMASO CIAMPA.
And suddenly the TV title becomes more credible than Taven's booking ever could be.
Last Real Man Hype
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Man, a Ciampa/Hero feud would be fucking awesome!
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

2014? Where did the year go! :D
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

As I mentioned in the other thread, Chris Hero will, quite sadly, not be on this show, as he's already been booked for Cage of Death the same night.

So, no Ciampa/Hero fued. Yet.
BTW10

Re: Official Final Battle 2013 Thread

Post by BTW10 »

Unless Hero signs a contract, don't expect any feuds.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Honestly, one match I'd like to see?.....

Adam Page & The American Wolves vs. Roderick Strong, Jay Lethal & Jimmy Jacobs.

That would be an entertaining match.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Honestly, one match I'd like to see?.....

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Gotta say, American Wolves vs Camp Lethal makes all kinds of sense.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Looks like another great Final Battle ahead, and that's just by looking at half the card. The Wolves, Outlaw Inc, reDRagon Steen, Strong, Lethal, Bennett and Jacobs (among a couple of others) don't have matches yet. I could see a three way for the tag title being booked between Outlaw, Wolves and reDRagon. If they don't bring in any other teams (like Forever Hooligans, Monster Mafia, so on) than a 3 way may be coming. I think we'll see C&C break up (barring some huge surprise title win) and a 1 on 1 match for Final Battle. Steen vs. Bennett looks like it's coming, maybe even Steen/Lisa Marie Vachon vs. Bennett & Maria. Strong, Lethal, Jacobs and Page are all in some limbo, so we might see a couple of singles matches there. I've had my tickets for months, and I cannot wait any longer.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BlackLesnar wrote:Gotta say, American Wolves vs Camp Lethal makes all kinds of sense.
I agree with you, and personally, I'd love to see a Lethal/Strong tag team. It would add some fresh match-ups to the division, and it would actually give them something to do (especially Strong).
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:It would add some fresh match-ups to the division, and it would actually give them something to do (especially Strong).
And going under the presumption that The Wolves do in fact get signed, it would be a good send-off. Davey & Roddy's rivalry gets one final chapter, Lethal was essentially the 4th Musketeer of their main event clique, AmWolves put over a new top face team to run roughshot in their stead on their way out, good feels all around.
Ladrao12 wrote:Steen vs. Bennett looks like it's coming, maybe even Steen/Lisa Marie Vachon vs. Bennett & Maria.
STOP RUBBING IT IN :cry:
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Roddy and Jack Evans vs The American Wolves
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

BTW10 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Honestly, one match I'd like to see?.....

One of these things is not the like others.
Last Real Man Hype
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Okay so, I need to know this. The facts have been blurred before (even though Jim Cornette no longer has the book), so, I really need to confirm this, with legitimate reason for asking.

Is BJ Whitmer actually hurt? I get the feeling this is a storyline. In wrestling, we're led to believe no injuries are actually serious, and no one actually retires young. It's just our conditioning as fans to not believe anything like that is real. Sometimes things like Edge to unfortunately happen, and I really hope this isn't one of those scenarios.

So here is why I'm intrigued, and why it has to do with Final Battle: If he actually broke his neck, he's not back in six months. If he sprained it or slipped a disc, maybe, and that can be played up in storyline. If he had a severe concussion, again sure. The piledriver did look ridiculous, and a little botchy, so I'm sure he was a little messed up regardless. He gets brought back, and immediately put in an angle. That made me question it right away. Then, he started commentating matches and rooting on Jimmy Jacobs during his Trial Series. And now Veda Scott is involved? Way too fishy. I see a BJ heel turn coming which makes me think this is all a work.

I absolutely, 100% thought, BJ was going to either intentionally or unintentionally screw Jacobs out of his match with Roderick and cost him his career and title shot in his hometown. When that didn't happen, I figured an Exploder suplex was happening after the match. Nope, that didn't happen. So, now I'm questioning if he's actually hurt and can't take a bump AT ALL. Really flustered. The only other option is that Whitmer screws Jimmy in the title match in Michigan, leading to his intentions and a feud. And, I thought about how ROH doesn't like too many, if any rarely, dusty/dirty finishes to ROH World Title matches, so, the chances this happen is also low.

So, with all this considered, is BJ hurt? If he's not, BJ Whitmer/Jimmy Jacobs is happening at Final Battle in a 'Career vs Career' match "10 Years In The Making", right? Haven't seen it mentioned at all, and if I missed it, I apologize.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I'm completely as certain as possible that Whitmer legitimately screwed his neck up and is done wrestling. He's had multiple neck injuries, and was retired a few years ago. Obviously it's wrestling and retirements end quickly even if it isn't a work. But I feel like a retirement due to a serious neck injury is much more likely to be permanent.

That's not to say I don't think he will stay involved, or be in some sort of story line with Veda and Jacobs. He could definitely get involved in some non=physical way and I think it would add a ton of meaning, emotion, and back story.

Of course, if you end up being right, I couldn't be happier.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

With so many good matches rumored/announced for the card, who would have thought that Jimmy Jacobs/BJ Whitmer would be the most emotional? I had McGuinness/Corino penciled in during the summer as "that match", but obviously I was wrong (I highlighted and underlined the penciled in after he hit the Tower of London at Border Wars) and most of us were disappointed. Oh well, nothing would make me happier than seeing Jacobs/Whitmer, after Whitmer screws him in Dearborn. The place is going to lose their mind. Especially after that Honor Roll promo.

If not, we still have Kevin Steen piledriving the fuck out of Bennett. If they just spike each other for ten minutes, I will nominate it as MOTY. Lets be serious.