who should be brought in thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
icyhot

Re: who should be brought in thread

Post by icyhot »

mikerohct wrote:Willie mack. Amazing red and dan maff should be brought back
Agree on Willie Mack. Dude is something special.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
Lasvegasleglock

Post by Lasvegasleglock »

I like Willie Mack, but I think his performances in PWG have been overrated. He is still really green. He has some great spots he can do, but overall, I am not as impressed as a lot of people have been. Having a great match with Chris Hero, El Generico or Kevin Steen is not that great of an accomplishment. I think he can be a good addition to ROH eventually, but right now, his work isn't up to the level of the rest of the roster. Just my two cents!
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Lasvegasleglock wrote:I like Willie Mack, but I think his performances in PWG have been overrated. He is still really green. He has some great spots he can do, but overall, I am not as impressed as a lot of people have been. Having a great match with Chris Hero, El Generico or Kevin Steen is not that great of an accomplishment. I think he can be a good addition to ROH eventually, but right now, his work isn't up to the level of the rest of the roster. Just my two cents!
He's got the personality and moves so good for someone his size. If he's lacking in something It will come in time.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

I'd bring in Willie Mack, Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor, Rich Swann and Low KI
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

IF ROH wants to bring in some wrestlers that will truly help make their roster grow. They need to book guys like Willie Mack and Sami Callihan.

Especially Willie Mack, he's waiting to blow up.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

BalzOfHonor wrote:IF ROH wants to bring in some wrestlers that will truly help make their roster grow. They need to book guys like Willie Mack and Sami Callihan.

What does this even mean? How does adding a guy like Callihan who's a better fit in CHIKARA than ROH help make an entire roster of superior workers "grow."
Admin note: User permanently banned.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

JSWO wrote:
BalzOfHonor wrote:IF ROH wants to bring in some wrestlers that will truly help make their roster grow. They need to book guys like Willie Mack and Sami Callihan.

What does this even mean? How does adding a guy like Callihan who's a better fit in CHIKARA than ROH help make an entire roster of superior workers "grow."
Why is he a better fit for Chikara? Because of his gimmick? Not this again.

He's a good worker, he would excel in ROH.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I've heard Callihan has improved a lot this year but I thought he was very average throughout his run last year in ROH.

He's not a name that I'd be pushing to bring in.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

not a fan of Callihan,didnt like his work in ROH previously. he did look decent when i saw him in Dragon Gate recently though.
Last edited by dark patriot on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
cviens

Post by cviens »

What about the RockNES Monsters? They've grown on me after watching some PWG and NWA Hollywood recently.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

BalzOfHonor wrote:
JSWO wrote:

Why is he a better fit for Chikara? Because of his gimmick? Not this again.

He's a good worker, he would excel in ROH.
Absolutely because of his gimmick. He's a living cartoon. Decent worker, but is he better than TJP, Lethal, Generico, the Bucks, King, Titus, not even close.

Running down his style, he strikes hard, does a little bit of high spots, chain wrestles decently, and screams a lot. The ROH roster while not the best ever is like going to restaurant that isn't a chain and provides a great meal at a fairly reasonable cost. Callihan is the Applebees to that fine dining experience.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, hopefully one day Callihan gets a real shot in ROH and gets to prove you wrong.

As for the gimmick, the cartoon argument is not valid when you're talking about a promotion that has El Generico on it. This is wrestling, these type of gimmicks will not slow down the popularity of a wrestler and his position if they're able to perform, which I think Callihan can if added to the ROH environment. Is he better then TJP in the ring? No, although I think character wise he would get over quicker then TJP would. Is he better then Titus? I would say yes IMO, but that doesn't mean Titus doesn't deserve to be on the roster.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

BalzOfHonor wrote:It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, hopefully one day Callihan gets a real shot in ROH and gets to prove you wrong.

As for the gimmick, the cartoon argument is not valid when you're talking about a promotion that has El Generico on it. This is wrestling, these type of gimmicks will not slow down the popularity of a wrestler and his position if they're able to perform, which I think Callihan can if added to the ROH environment. Is he better then TJP in the ring? No, although I think character wise he would get over quicker then TJP would. Is he better then Titus? I would say yes IMO, but that doesn't mean Titus doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

Major difference between what Generico is intended to be and what Callihan is intended to be character wise. In the few shows I've attended in which Callihan is pushed as a serious top guy, most of the crowd refused to do anything but laugh at the guy. Even the ROH show where he wrestled Metal Master, Callihan came out and was laughed at by most of the audience. No matter what he did in the ring, taking some stiff shots from Collyer and some sick head drops, people did not care.
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

Don't see the value in flying Willie Mack from one side of the continent to the other.

He's not an especially good worker IMO but, regardless of that, his style doesn't fit ROH and he won't add anything to DVD/ticket/iPPV sales.

You've got to be very selective about which California wrestlers you bring in.

As for Sami Calihan, he shown in his work in EVOLVE and in Germany that he's not just an emo goofball anymore. I've seen a lot of people turn 180 on him. His hard-hitting style would be ideal.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

If he's not an emo goofball anymore, what exactly is he supposed to be? Hitting hard and being a below average promo doesn't sell tickets.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

ROHWorld_Dave wrote:Don't see the value in flying Willie Mack from one side of the continent to the other.

He's not an especially good worker IMO but, regardless of that, his style doesn't fit ROH and he won't add anything to DVD/ticket/iPPV sales.

You've got to be very selective about which California wrestlers you bring in.

As for Sami Calihan, he shown in his work in EVOLVE and in Germany that he's not just an emo goofball anymore. I've seen a lot of people turn 180 on him. His hard-hitting style would be ideal.
What style does he have that does not fit ROH, which pretty much utilizes multiple styles? Mack is a big guy who can strike hard and quick with agility, reminds me of Samoa Joe...
JSWO wrote:If he's not an emo goofball anymore, what exactly is he supposed to be? Hitting hard and being a below average promo doesn't sell tickets.
Below average promo, there is quite a few of current ROH wrestlers on the roster who fall in this category.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Sami is most definitely, definitely, definitely better than the Bucks, for whoever said that.
Last Real Man Hype
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i think the onesie he wears turns people off :P
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Marketh. wrote:Sami is most definitely, definitely, definitely better than the Bucks, for whoever said that.
Na.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
Marketh. wrote:Sami is most definitely, definitely, definitely better than the Bucks, for whoever said that.
Na.
Lethal too, going by his ROH comeback.
Last Real Man Hype