who should be brought in thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cviens

Re: who should be brought in thread

Post by cviens »

I think they should bring Low Ki back. Willie Mack from PWG could be a good addition. I've always liked Joey Ryan so I would love it if they brought him in. If they wanted to bring in a veteran, Finlay would be a great choice. If TNA release Sabin/Shelley any time soon, ROH pick them up.

Can we say who we want them to get rid of? If so... Mike Mondo. :lol:
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

cviens wrote:I think they should bring Low Ki back. Willie Mack from PWG could be a good addition. I've always liked Joey Ryan so I would love it if they brought him in. If they wanted to bring in a veteran, Finlay would be a great choice. If TNA release Sabin/Shelley any time soon, ROH pick them up.

I haven't heard much about Low Ki, he must be doing indies but not sure where. I'd be ok with Finlay, he has the name power but is still a great wrestler. Wouldn't mind him as a one shot thing maybe involving the Embassy. Sabin/Shelley would be an automatic choice although I think WWE might be interested, they're awesome.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:You might not have had of these two but they're both awesome - Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr.

They are both from England and wrestle in a tag team called 'The Leaders of the New School'. I saw them wrestle last night against the Young Bucks and it was a terrific match. I've also seen them have a great match with Future Shock. I would love for these two guys to get a chance in ROH.

Sabre Jr. has wrestled for EVOLVE and I think CZW a bit and regularly tours Japan and they are both good singles wrestlers too.
Absolutely spot on with this post. I was at the same IPW show yesterday and LDRS/Bucks was tremendous - and very clever in how they kept a LOT back for a potential rematch. LDRS/Future Shock from IPW earlier this year was genuinely one of the best opening matches I've ever seen live too...

I know ZSJ has been getting a lot of hype in the US for some time, and has made some appearances...but for my money Marty Scurll is being harshly overlooked. The guy is very talented, much more charismatic than Zach (my opinion), and out of the ring one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet.

The LDRS would be a great bring in for a weekend. It's a real shame ROH doesn't want to run the UK right now as LDRS vs any of the ROH teams on UK soil would be a potential main event match
davew00d

Post by davew00d »

Bobby Fish
Fit Finlay (for a short run - could have good matches with O'Reilly, Haas, Cabana (if he was still around))
Sami Calihan, who has surprised me this year.
Mike Mondo, who deserves a regular spot.
Alex Silva
Bruno Marciano
Silas Young
Cliff Compton?
Mercedes Martinez
Eating little kids

Post by Eating little kids »

McXal wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote:You might not have had of these two but they're both awesome - Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr.

They are both from England and wrestle in a tag team called 'The Leaders of the New School'. I saw them wrestle last night against the Young Bucks and it was a terrific match. I've also seen them have a great match with Future Shock. I would love for these two guys to get a chance in ROH.

Sabre Jr. has wrestled for EVOLVE and I think CZW a bit and regularly tours Japan and they are both good singles wrestlers too.
Absolutely spot on with this post. I was at the same IPW show yesterday and LDRS/Bucks was tremendous - and very clever in how they kept a LOT back for a potential rematch. LDRS/Future Shock from IPW earlier this year was genuinely one of the best opening matches I've ever seen live too...

I know ZSJ has been getting a lot of hype in the US for some time, and has made some appearances...but for my money Marty Scurll is being harshly overlooked. The guy is very talented, much more charismatic than Zach (my opinion), and out of the ring one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet.

The LDRS would be a great bring in for a weekend. It's a real shame ROH doesn't want to run the UK right now as LDRS vs any of the ROH teams on UK soil would be a potential main event match

Yes I would Love to see The Leaders in ROH. Their a great tag team but their also great singles wrestlers as well. Their matches with FutureShock have been amazing.m Their match in WXW is a MOTYC. I would love to see a match between Eddie Edwards and Marty Scurll. I 'd really like to see them in ROH more than anyone else.
Pat9010

Post by Pat9010 »

I would love to see a lot of the jrs in Japan come over. I would like to see a Kotaro Suzuki/Eddie Edwards rematch from NOAH earlier this year, but this time in an ROH ring.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Sami Callihan is an instant channel changer, dvd fast forward, ect. His character is so phony. But the suggestions of Alex Silva, Willie Mack, Leaders, all seem to be along the right wave length. Colt Cabana and BJ Whitmer are guys that belong back in as well.

A group of Cabana, Steen, and Whitmer would be pretty fun.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

JSWO wrote:A group of Cabana, Steen, and Whitmer would be pretty fun.
Really? I personally hate Whitmer(but fairly,as a heel, that's his job) and I don't think Cabana would be good with Steen. Cabana and Steen's personality just don't match in my eyes.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ColourMeCurious wrote:
JSWO wrote:A group of Cabana, Steen, and Whitmer would be pretty fun.
Really? I personally hate Whitmer(but fairly,as a heel, that's his job) and I don't think Cabana would be good with Steen. Cabana and Steen's personality just don't match in my eyes.

Check out his older like 2001-2004(rough guess on years) IWA stuff, Cabana can be one of the best sarcastic and smart ass heels you'll find. I once suggested he portray an arrogant jock smart ass frat boy to him and this idea ended up being done by Mike Mondo and Nick Nemeth at OVW(or at least a poorer version of this character). It would work out beautifully.
ColourMeCurious

Post by ColourMeCurious »

I see what you mean but I'm saying Steen is a psychopath, so why would he join up with some smart ass fray boy? If Cabana could portray a crazy heel, it could come out beautiful.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ColourMeCurious wrote:I see what you mean but I'm saying Steen is a psychopath, so why would he join up with some smart ass fray boy? If Cabana could portray a crazy heel, it could come out beautiful.

ROH essentially ran off both of them, an enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing.
cviens

Post by cviens »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:
cviens wrote:I think they should bring Low Ki back. Willie Mack from PWG could be a good addition. I've always liked Joey Ryan so I would love it if they brought him in. If they wanted to bring in a veteran, Finlay would be a great choice. If TNA release Sabin/Shelley any time soon, ROH pick them up.

I haven't heard much about Low Ki, he must be doing indies but not sure where. I'd be ok with Finlay, he has the name power but is still a great wrestler. Wouldn't mind him as a one shot thing maybe involving the Embassy. Sabin/Shelley would be an automatic choice although I think WWE might be interested, they're awesome.
I haven't heard anything about Low Ki since PWG All-Star Weekend and then his appearance in TNA during that whole X-Division contract series that Aries won. If ROH was going to push the Embassy, I think Finlay would make a great veteran member for the group. Murat Bosporus could make a good Embassy member as well. If ROH hired Joey Ryan, they could put him back in the Embassy. I would love to see Sabin/Shelley in ROH again. They would put on great matches with WGTT, ANX, Briscoes, Future Shock, and as they've already shown in TNA, the Young Bucks. They would be a wonderful addition to ROH's tag division.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

How about Scorpio Sky? extremely underrated.
cviens

Post by cviens »

WrestlingMatters wrote:How about Scorpio Sky? extremely underrated.
He's another one I thought about, but ultimately didn't type.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Eating little kids wrote:
McXal wrote:

Yes I would Love to see The Leaders in ROH. Their a great tag team but their also great singles wrestlers as well. Their matches with FutureShock have been amazing.m Their match in WXW is a MOTYC. I would love to see a match between Eddie Edwards and Marty Scurll. I 'd really like to see them in ROH more than anyone else.
Yeah, their matches with Future Shock and the Bucks in IPW:UK this year have been awesome. I think Marty is the better of the two, especially as a singles wrestler. He has more charisma and connects with the fans better, his one-on-one match with El Generico earlier this year was tremendous.
lariato

Post by lariato »

cviens wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote:
cviens wrote:I think they should bring Low Ki back.
I haven't heard anything about Low Ki since PWG All-Star Weekend and then his appearance in TNA during that whole X-Division contract series that Aries won.
Low-Ki is still wrestling on the smaller indies but PWG stopped using him after he agreed to a booking then pulled out for 'family reasons.' He's actually jobbed a few times this year so maybe a new leaf has been turned?
mikerohct

Post by mikerohct »

Willie mack. Amazing red and dan maff should be brought back
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

SUPER Domino.
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

JSWO wrote:SUPER Domino.
18:59!
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

It would be nice to see Low Ki back in ROH. Sami Callihan's been doing great stuff with Adam Cole in CZW. I think Joey Ryan should get another run in ROH too. He would be great on TV.