AJ Styles defending his championship in ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: AJ Styles defending his championship in ROH?

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I've never seen AJ wrestle live so to me it would be awesome if he worked Final Battle.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Smile wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Apparently TNA reached out to ROH in the last year or two and ROH rejected.
Not true.
Can't wait till Davey shows up in TNA dude!
I wouldn't make jokes about false rumors if I was you.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

AJ's posted ROH pics on his FB page for the past 4 days. I'm going to predict that he shows up at Final Battle.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

bik100 wrote:AJ's posted ROH pics on his FB page for the past 4 days. I'm going to predict that he shows up at Final Battle.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Now that I think of it, AJ fits the "mystery mentor" in role in Cole's blog about as well as anyone mentioned so far. I don't think I'll get my hopes up, but if that's what happens I would be quite happy.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I feel like there is a decent chance we may get AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal for the TNA World Championship.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Now that I think of it, AJ fits the "mystery mentor" in role in Cole's blog about as well as anyone mentioned so far. I don't think I'll get my hopes up, but if that's what happens I would be quite happy.
It would be awesome, but I think we all know it's Hardy.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Now that I think of it, AJ fits the "mystery mentor" in role in Cole's blog about as well as anyone mentioned so far. I don't think I'll get my hopes up, but if that's what happens I would be quite happy.
If Styles appears in ROH, it's to defend the TNA world title, not be booked in a ROH storyline.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

bik100 wrote:AJ's posted ROH pics on his FB page for the past 4 days. I'm going to predict that he shows up at Final Battle.
Link? Can't find a Facebook page that's real.
Last Real Man Hype
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Marketh. wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJStylesOrg

That's his only real Facebook page. Today marks the fifth day he's posted an ROH pic. Before all of the places he's toured he's teased it by posting pics on his Facebook, seems like this is likely. In an interview after his world title win he said he'd like to defend it in ROH.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Marketh. wrote:
The Facebook Page is listed as AJStyles.Org, so search for that. It's the real one.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It looks like an "official" fansite, so I wouldn't consider it anything credible. Doesn't look like AJ himself is posting anything. The website it's based on looks real, though.
Last edited by Marketh. on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Real Man Hype
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Marketh. wrote:It looks like an "official" fansite, so I wouldn't consider it anything credible. Doesn't look like AJ himself has control over what's posted.
AJ does in fact have control over what is posted. He monitors updates daily and sometimes posts his own.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Marketh. wrote:It looks like an "official" fansite, so I wouldn't consider it anything credible. Doesn't look like AJ himself is posting anything. The website it's based on looks real, though.
It's his FB account. He confirmed this on Twitter.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

If all the recent stuff with Davey is true, and Eddie is still booked, we could get Eddie vs. AJ for the TNA Title which would be fucking awesome!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AndyDiaz wrote:If all the recent stuff with Davey is true, and Eddie is still booked, we could get Eddie vs. AJ for the TNA Title which would be fucking awesome!
If only Eddie was signed to the WWE, then we could have a modern day Taz/Mike Awesome match.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

I think a defence would be a nice move for both promotions to drum up a little attention tbh. Both need it right now.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

ShaunSperling wrote:I think a defence would be a nice move for both promotions to drum up a little attention tbh. Both need it right now.
AJ defending the TNA title in ROH will draw zero attention to TNA. Much like AJ defending in AAA and NOAH drew zero attention to TNA.

Not saying they won't do it, because TNA is pretty stupid, but it will help ROH only slightly and TNA not at all.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It would be nice to see AJ in ROH again, maybe even at Final Battle, but he would either have to show up without the TNA World Title or have him come out with it but not mention it at all. Why would ROH want to mention TNA? Besides, not sure how that would work, considering AJ is the "Real" TNA World Champion and ROH is already doing a "Real" World Champion storyline with Jay Briscoe. It would just be way too confusing.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Why would ROH want to mention TNA?
What difference would it make? Anyone who's heard of ROH has heard of TNA and arent going to start watching because AJ showed up.
Last Real Man Hype