Top Prospect Tournament 2014

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Tim

Top Prospect Tournament 2014

Post by Tim »

Who do you guys want to see in? Who do you want to see win? I want to see:

-Cedric Alexander
-Adam Page
-Corey Hollis
-"All Ego" Ethan Page
-"Walking Weapon" Josh Alexander
-Shane Hollister
-John Silver
-Drew Gulak (If he isn't signed with Gabe already)

I think Cedric should win, and I am praying Cheeseburger isn't in (but I have a strong feeling he will be).
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Top Prospect Tournament 2014

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think you're misunderstanding the point of the Top Prospect Tournament. It's for Indy Stand-Outs who are Non-Regulars in ROH.

Cedric Alexander & Adam Page are both regular roster members (under contract, I might add) at this point so they won't be in it. Drew Gulak will definitely not be in it not only because he's being pushed in Dragon Gate USA & Evolve, but he's the CZW World Champion.

As far as who will be in it goes, I think Ethan Page & Josh Alexander are pretty good bets. Hollis would be a good guy to see in here to. John Silver & Alex Reynolds are also fine choices. They can also pull from a good crop of talent from promotions in the Mid-West (Marion Fontaine, Shane Hollister, Louis Lyndon, etc...), Northeast (Anthony Stone, JT Dunn, Aaron Epic, etc...), and Southeast (Drew Myers, Chip Day, Trevor Lee, etc...).
Baxter Stockman

Post by Baxter Stockman »

Some names I'd like to see involved:

Kyle Matthews
Mark Angelosetti
Andrew Everett
Corey Hollis
John Silver
Alex Reynolds
Ethan Page (if possible)
Josh Alexander (see above)

Also I agree that Cheeseburger should not be in this, though I'm naturally expecting he will be.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Yeah I think even though he doesn't need to be in here, Cheeseburger will be. I'm guessing they'll also use Will Ferrara (ROH Student who wrestled in the Ringside Members Exclusive Match at GBH XII) and Raymond Rowe (the first tapings of next year are in Nashville, and they've used him on all their recents shows in the South).

But I just had a thought, and I pray that ROH does not do this...

What if...The Romantic Touch enters the Top Prospect Tournament. He wins the whole thing (and gets the World TV Title Shot and presumably an ROH Contract) and after winning the tournament finals, unmasks himself, revealing his true identity...
Spoiler: show
Rhett Titus
Delirious would be pulling a "Mysterious & Handsome Stranger" on us. I really hope they don't use this tournament as a way to write him back into ROH.
Tim

Post by Tim »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think you're misunderstanding the point of the Top Prospect Tournament. It's for Indy Stand-Outs who are Non-Regulars in ROH.

Cedric Alexander & Adam Page are both regular roster members (under contract, I might add) at this point so they won't be in it. Drew Gulak will definitely not be in it not only because he's being pushed in Dragon Gate USA & Evolve, but he's the CZW World Champion.

As far as who will be in it goes, I think Ethan Page & Josh Alexander are pretty good bets. Hollis would be a good guy to see in here to. John Silver & Alex Reynolds are also fine choices. They can also pull from a good crop of talent from promotions in the Mid-West (Marion Fontaine, Shane Hollister, Louis Lyndon, etc...), Northeast (Anthony Stone, JT Dunn, Aaron Epic, etc...), and Southeast (Drew Myers, Chip Day, Trevor Lee, etc...).
I thought Cole, O'Reilly and Bennett were under contract when Bennett won it a couple years back? Well anyways if Cedric and Page can't be entered I will put Alex Reynolds and Prince Mustafa Ali in, and yeah, I'll admit Gulak is kinda unrealistic (I'm sure Biff Busick is in the same boat as Gulak), more wishful thinking then anything.
Tim

Post by Tim »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Yeah I think even though he doesn't need to be in here, Cheeseburger will be. I'm guessing they'll also use Will Ferrara (ROH Student who wrestled in the Ringside Members Exclusive Match at GBH XII) and Raymond Rowe (the first tapings of next year are in Nashville, and they've used him on all their recents shows in the South).

But I just had a thought, and I pray that ROH does not do this...

What if...The Romantic Touch enters the Top Prospect Tournament. He wins the whole thing (and gets the World TV Title Shot and presumably an ROH Contract) and after winning the tournament finals, unmasks himself, revealing his true identity...
Spoiler: show
Rhett Titus
Delirious would be pulling a "Mysterious & Handsome Stranger" on us. I really hope they don't use this tournament as a way to write him back into ROH.
That make the whole tournament look like one big joke.
sg86

Post by sg86 »

- Corey Hollis
- Raymond Rowe
- Ethan Page
- Josh Alexander
- Vinny Marseglia
- Todd Hanson (that beard owned)
- Kyle Matthews
- Cheeseburger
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Monter Mafia should definitely be in it.
Hollister would be nice too. as long as Romantic Touch doesn't win...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

TIM DONST
Adam Page
Cedric Alexander
Ethan Page
Josh Alexander
RD Evans
Raymond Rowe
The Romantic Touch
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I think you're misunderstanding the point of the Top Prospect Tournament. It's for Indy Stand-Outs who are Non-Regulars in ROH.
The only non-regular in the 2011 tournament was Jonathan Gresham. ACH and Silas Young are pretty much the only two you could call "indy stand-outs" in this year's tournament.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Last year's tournament was non-regulars but they had all wrestled in ROH before

I can't see ROH putting someone that hasn't been booked before in it.

A list of people that could be in it are

Vinny Marseglia
Romantic Touch
Page/Alexander assuming they can get across the border
Raymond Rowe (if they do it in Nashville and not Pittsburgh)
Vinny Marseglia
Brian Fury
Todd Hanson
Kongo
Kyle Matthews
Corey Hollis
Cheeseburger
Dalton Castle

I think all of these are completely possible names

Edit: I could 100% see Vinny in it since he's a regular TV guy they use. Brian Fury is also a big possibility since he got the TV title shot vs Taven, but he is currently nursing an injured foot that may or may not be better in time.

I'm a bit surprised Kyle Matthews hasn't been brought back.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm actually fine with Cheeseburger being in it. As long as he's the only student. The others should all be guys who aren't booked much (Monster Mafia, Beaver Boys, Ray Rowe, etc.)

Definitely not Kongo though. Wouldn't mind Todd Hanson. I was impressed with him the most in that Providence four corner survival in July.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I would say not Kongo only because you can't have a character/gimmick like that take a 1 on 1 loss after just debuting
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Rhett Titus shouldn't win anything ever.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Is it? In 2011 it had Cole, O'Reilly, Elgin, Bennett, Grizzly Redwood, Bobby Dempsey, and Andy Ridge, all of whom were regulars.

That said, Page won't be in it, since he was in it last year. And Alexander isn't a "prospect", he's been a regular midcarder since 2011.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

May as well bump this since they just announced the first participant in Corey Hollis
bik100

Post by bik100 »

-Josh Alexander
-Biff Busick
-Correy Hollis
-Shane Hollister
-Willie Mack
-Kyle Matthews
-Ethan Page
-Adam Thornstowe

would be my list
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

BTW10 wrote:Rhett Titus shouldn't win anything ever.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YimYac wrote:May as well bump this since they just announced the first participant in Corey Hollis
Obvious choice. And a good choice at that, Hollis has tons of potential in singles, Posey might be the next announcement.. but hopefully i'm wrong.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Very little chance of this happening but I'd love ZSJ or TMDK as part of this.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

bik100 wrote:Very little chance of this happening but I'd love ZSJ or TMDK as part of this.
I would love this but I don't see it happening. Shane haste vs KENTA was one of my favorite matches this year. Sabre is one of my favorite guys too.

These are my predictions/Who I'd like:

1- Hollis
2- Josh Alexander
3- Ethan Page
4- Shane Hollister
5- Drake Younger
6- Kyle Matthews
7- Steven Walters
8- Willie Mack