Pet Peeves of Wrestlers You Like

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Pet Peeves of Wrestlers You Like

Post by Marketh. »

Roderick Strong
Slaps his thigh on every damn move he ever does. I get it, it's all a work, but it's nowhere near realistic and is less effective for that sound to occur 100 times per match.

Bobby Fish
Is the best heel in ROH, to the extent that his shenanigans and leaving the ring to talk is beginning to quite badly hurt affect my enjoyment of his matches.

Caprice Coleman
The new elbows spot he's doing looks terribly weak and forces everyone to oversell them.

Kevin Steen
Was a better babyface when he was supposed to be a heel.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Re: Pet Peeves of Wrestlers You Like

Post by DieHard »

Adam Cole/Michael Elgin: I really hate it when they are doing Bicycle Kick and then their opponent won't sell that. Esp Elgin, because he's a big dude and it makes him look terrible.

Caprice Coleman: Almost everything he does looks weak.
MOOSE!
Tim

Post by Tim »

Roderick Strong: The thigh slapping used to bother me until I saw AR Fox... he takes it to another level, he just claps his hands during dropkicks(I could do a whole book on Fox). But back to Strong, I hate how once he get's the advantage in a match he stops selling sometimes to hit his stuff.

Elgin: I hate how he does the Rainmaker as just some move, when in Japan Tanahashi is the only guy to kick out, and he only did it once.

American Wolves: I hate their promos when they say "He's Davey Richards, I'm Eddie Edwards, we're the American Wolves... the hunt is on" and do that stupid cut throat motion, so stupid and corny. I hate how Eddie can't be relaxed like he is in PWG. It really feels awkward seeing him acting overly serious.

Taven: Obviously the HOT, but I also hate his finisher.

Silas: His ass cheeks.

TD Thomas I hate how he does so many kicks, I like them, but I wish he had more things he could do.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Aw yeah, I forgot Silas gets a wedgie in like half his matches.

I have no problem with Elgin doing the Rainmaker. From what I've seen of it in New Japan, it's the same move Nigel used to use a secondary move and one that's been done many times before. To me, it's not the same problem as when someone kicked out of a Tombstone/Superkick combo in ROH.

What I do think is annoying is Elgin doing Chris Hero's Death Blow, but with not even half the force behind it.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Every indie wrestler everywhere: Not selling superkicks
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I kinda really hate it when someone tries to headbutt Tadarius, and it hurts them, but doesn't affect TD because HE'S USING HIS HEAD TO BLOCK A HEADBUTT.
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

Kyle O'Reilly: He's one of my favorite wrestlers, but he needs to stop doing Nigel's Lariat. Nigel did it so much quicker and it looked so much better.

Michael Elgin and Adam Cole: The no-selling of the bicycle-kicks is good every once in awhile, but not every "important" match.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

TYFDK wrote:I kinda really hate it when someone tries to headbutt Tadarius, and it hurts them, but doesn't affect TD because HE'S USING HIS HEAD TO BLOCK A HEADBUTT.
You mean punch?

I've never seen him do that to a headbutt, he does it to punches, which makes sense. Bare-knuckle fighters don't target the top of the head because it is the toughest bone in the body and would break your hand.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Marketh. wrote:Caprice Coleman The new elbows spot he's doing looks terribly weak and forces everyone to oversell them.
Yeah, what the heck is that? They'll be in the middle of a fast paced, high flying match, and then all of a sudden they all stop to do a super cheesy spot where everyone just runs straight into his goofy looking elbows.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

YimYac wrote:
TYFDK wrote:I kinda really hate it when someone tries to headbutt Tadarius, and it hurts them, but doesn't affect TD because HE'S USING HIS HEAD TO BLOCK A HEADBUTT.
You mean punch?

I've never seen him do that to a headbutt, he does it to punches, which makes sense. Bare-knuckle fighters don't target the top of the head because it is the toughest bone in the body and would break your hand.

Yeah, punches, that was my bad.

And that may be so, but I never heard Kevin Kelly or Nigel explain that on commentary, so it just looks kinda silly for that to be happening.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote:
YimYac wrote:
You mean punch?

Yeah, punches, that was my bad.

And that may be so, but I never heard Kevin Kelly or Nigel explain that on commentary, so it just looks kinda silly for that to be happening.
This. That spot annoys me SO much! You what we call blocking a punch with your head? We call it GETTING PUNCHED IN THE HEAD!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Makes sense to be. Like I said bare-knuckle fighters don't target the top of the skull because it's the hardest bone in the body and will break your head.

The key spots on the face for actual punching are the bridge of the nose, cheek, and jaw.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

Davey richards: his face expressions before the overly done exchange of chops and kicks sequence

Outlaw inc: the wrestling in suits is getting old i get why they do it and the story line but i rather them in their regular attire

Adam cole: not saying "suck my dick" jk lmao
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Elgin: Delayed vertical suplex spot.

Steen: Can be unprofessional at times in ways that expose the weaknesses of opponents, both in terms of mic work and ringwork. Can sometimes make his opponents look bad in ways that are just counter-productive. Seemed to have no idea how to get over as a heel in his last run (managed to get hugely over as a face during it, though) and now that he's a face seems to have no idea how to be a face.

Elgin, Lethal, Edwards, Richards - The way they have to do the strong style "I want you to hit me as hard as you can" Fight Club spot where you just stand there and take strikes and moves to prove your manliness or whatever. Effective spot once or twice per year; really stupid to to it in every single match.

Jay Briscoe - Homophobe; thinks guns are really awesome and cool.

Mike Mondo - Any time he attempts a babyface promo.

Richards - Unbearable, corny, maudlin babyface promos.
wa2k1999

Post by wa2k1999 »

Kyle O'Reilly-his hair
ACH-entrance in the ring, I'm always worried he's going to damage his knee.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Jay Lethal - He takes soooo freaking long to hit the Lethal Injection, it's almost unrealistic. He points to the ropes, yells what he's gonna do, does that stupid (and unnecessary) handspring...all before he even does the actual move. Plus his opponents standing their while all this is happening makes them look ridiculous.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The Lethal Injection doesn't bother me, but him taking half an hour to do a Savage Elbow when he's trying to win titles, end feuds or win before a time limit expires bugs the everloving fuck out of me.

I think his elbow drop looks terrible too.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Jay Lethal - He takes soooo freaking long to hit the Lethal Injection, it's almost unrealistic. He points to the ropes, yells what he's gonna do, does that stupid (and unnecessary) handspring...all before he even does the actual move. Plus his opponents standing their while all this is happening makes them look ridiculous.
It usually takes him about five tries to hit it. Which makes sense for the reasons you mentioned, but is also something that annoys me.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Davey Richards' running kicks...

Forever Hooligans altercation spot on every matches.
ImageImage
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Davey Richards - Putting on submissions and then letting them go, for no reason whatsoever.