Pet Peeves of Wrestlers You Like

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Re: Pet Peeves of Wrestlers You Like

Post by indyfan »

I just hate slapping in wrestling. Especially those slap fest like Joe Kobashi. It looks dumb.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Can anyone explain to me why the fuck Davey Richards who, I thought anyway, was supposed to be babyface, keeps doing that Val Venis crotch swivel? I was in the building when he did it (I think) for the first time, at Border Wars last year when the crowd turned on him and he dropped the title to Steen. It made sense there, as the crowd was absolutely eating him, but why is he still doing it?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It's more of a comedy spot than a heel spot, in Davey's case. I let it slide because it's one of those few moments you get personality from Davey that isn't "I'm intense and I love wrestling."

Davey violently humping turnbuckles is still one of my top 5 moments of the year.
Last Real Man Hype
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Marketh. wrote:It's more of a comedy spot than a heel spot, in Davey's case. I let it slide because it's one of those few moments you get personality from Davey that isn't "I'm intense and I love wrestling."
Yeah, but he now does it so repeatedly that even this has now become "This is the moment in the match when I predictably and mechanically demonstrate that I, too, enjoy fun and am not just about intensity and seriousness."
JSP

Post by JSP »

That's just a nitpick to criticize Davey at this point. Does it REALLY take anything away from the match? It's a 3 second spot. I'd prefer him to be that snarky heel that just does mean shit to do mean shit, but I don't think a Rick Rude spot is going to affect anything.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Uh oh, my criticism of Davey criticized Davey.

Listen, JSP, you can't sit there and tell me how much a dance spot done by one of the most serious wrestlers on earth affects my enjoyment of the match.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

JSP wrote:That's just a nitpick to criticize Davey at this point. Does it REALLY take anything away from the match? It's a 3 second spot. I'd prefer him to be that snarky heel that just does mean shit to do mean shit, but I don't think a Rick Rude spot is going to affect anything.
Dude, this is a thread about pet peeves. Obviously some things are going to sound nitpicky. And if this is about wrestlers you like, why would he be saying it just for the sake of ripping Davey?
Last Real Man Hype