Tommaso Ciampa vs Jesse Sorensen at GLORY BY HONOR XII

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Tommaso Ciampa vs Jesse Sorensen at GLORY BY HONOR XII

Post by 187_Joeism »

Jessy Sorensen was on top of the world going into 2012. At just 22 years of age he was signed to one of the top wrestling companies in the world, but on February 12th 2012, in a split second, his entire world changed.

"You are lucky to be alive!"

"You may never walk again!"

"You Will NEVER wrestle again!"

Those are just a few things that Jessy Sorensen heard as he lay motionless in an Orlando, FL hospital. Despite the detractors, in spite of the naysayers, quit was never a word that registered in Jessy's mind. After hearing all of the impossibilities from every doctor, after barely 48 of hours laying in an intensive care unit, Jessy regained all feeling, all motion, and walked down the Intensive Care Unit hallway under his own power!

Now, 1 year and 8 months later, Jessy Sorensen will prove his never give up attitude as he returns to TV for the first time since breaking his neck at Glory by Honor XII! 100% medically cleared for competition, Sorenson will step into the ring against one of the most intense wrestlers, not just in Ring of Honor but likely in the entire wrestling world: "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa!

"What Jessy Sorensen has accomplished is inspiring." said Ciampa to ROHWrestling.com, "He overcame a career ending injury and looked everyone who told him 'never again' in the eye and proved them all wrong. He is an inspiration. None of that will stop me from beating him into the ground to get back on track. I don't know what it feels like to be trapped in a bed thinking you'll never get out but I know the feeling of thinking your career, your dream, is in jeopardy. I came back stronger, better, hungrier and I bet that you're hoping to do the same Jessy. You will be put to the test in Chicago."

"The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa welcomes Jessy Sorensen to Ring of Honor on October 26th as part of the Glory by Honor XII festivities! It all goes down at The Frontier Fieldhouse and tickets are on-sale now in the ROH Store!

And don't forget, The Squared Circle is helping us celebrate this annual tradition with Meet & Greets and a special bus trip to the event! Click here for more information!
187_Joeism

Re: Tommaso Ciampa vs Jesse Sorensen at GLORY BY HONOR XII

Post by 187_Joeism »

Glad to see ROH giving him a chance after what happened to him
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

I think this is a pretty decent move. I honestly can't remember much of Sorensen in TNA but I think he was always decent and could be a good addition to the midcard. Also, he has a ready made storyline to get him going with the comeback from the broken neck. Best of luck to him.

Although maybe not the best idea to feed him to Ciampa for his first match.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Hahahahahahahahaha!
187_Joeism wrote:against Tommaso Ciampa
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

... What?

I mean, it's very nice for Sorensen and a classy move, but...

What..?
MOOSE!
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Another sign of ROH slipping, picking up leftovers from TNA.

And I also don't know if it's such a good idea to put the guy in a match against Tommaso right off the bat. Ciampa nearly killed Brian Cage with his botchtastic powerbomb, and Cage is a wayyyyyy better talent than Sorensen.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Mr. Small Package wrote:Another sign of ROH slipping, picking up leftovers from TNA.

And I also don't know if it's such a good idea to put the guy in a match against Tommaso right off the bat. Ciampa nearly killed Brian Cage with his botchtastic powerbomb, and Cage is a wayyyyyy better talent than Sorensen.
Oh, yeah, because ROH hasn't used certain wrestlers who were just released by the WWE or TNA all throughout their existence. :roll:
Tim

Post by Tim »

Lets see what he can do in an ROH ring before we bash him, mabey he will suck, but mabey he will be good. I think we should be open minded.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

I mean, I'll gladly give him a chance over the Tank Tolands and Daniel Puders of the world that Gabe booked back in the day.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Tim wrote:Lets see what he can do in an ROH ring before we bash him, mabey he will suck, but mabey he will be good. I think we should be open minded.

This, for sure.

If he's awful, then any criticism is valid at his dispense. But he most certainly could be good.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I am not going to comment on the match itself, I don't want to criticise sth that hasn't happened yet, but what the fuck is up with that card? They can't be seriously expecting anybody will buy that show, can they?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Tim wrote:Lets see what he can do in an ROH ring before we bash him, mabey he will suck, but mabey he will be good. I think we should be open minded.
I agree, actually. Maybe he'll pull an Abdullah Koboyashi and surprise everyone from the get go.
Spoiler: show
COCKSUCKERRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Last edited by BlackLesnar on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Awful.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I am not going to comment on the match itself, I don't want to criticise sth that hasn't happened yet, but what the fuck is up with that card? They can't be seriously expecting anybody will buy that show, can they?
If people bought those brutal Road to Greatness double shot DVDs with the cards they had, they'll buy anything.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Yeah, the card looks atrocious. Only looking forward to London/Strong. Rest looks bleh. Kinda sad that this is a GLORY BY HONOR card.
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Fawrules wrote:
Mr. Small Package wrote:Another sign of ROH slipping, picking up leftovers from TNA.

Oh, yeah, because ROH hasn't used certain wrestlers who were just released by the WWE or TNA all throughout their existence. :roll:
Or wrestlers that have nearly accidentally killed people...
Last Real Man Hype
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Really bad move by ROH. If anything TNA has said about the situation is true, then letting Sorensen wrestle is extremely dangerous to his health.
Even more baffling, though, is that there is no upside for ROH whatsoever. Sorensen was not even close to being impressive during his time in TNA. He was easily the worst of that crop of "new" X-Division guys TNA brought in back in 2011. He was completely bland except that he brought a football to the ring for some reason. He never put on anything close to resembling a great match, and I doubt he will draw a single fan.
So the best case scenario for ROH seems to be that Ciampa beats a nobody in an eh match which gets ROH no extra money (and probably costs them a lot more than a lot of other, more talented indy workers would have), while the worst case scenario is that Sorensen winds up getting paralyzed in an ROH ring because ROH let him wrestle again despite the clear and obvious dangers of it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I don't mind this at all. Again, why are people bashing Sorensen before he even gets in the ring? If he sucks, then you can bash him, don't do it beforehand. Besides, this is pretty much going to be a Ciampa Showcase Match anyway so why are you even complaining?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I am not going to comment on the match itself, I don't want to criticise sth that hasn't happened yet, but what the fuck is up with that card? They can't be seriously expecting anybody will buy that show, can they?
They're throwing GBH under the bus for the Golden Dream show in Cincinnati. Hell, RoH basically made GBH a TV taping this year, which is just sad.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Hey, Ring of Honor must have really pulled itself together in the last year if people are bitching this much about a pretty good card. Yeah, I get that it's Glory by Honor, but just because the shows not filled to the brim with dream matches doesn't mean it doesn't have the potential to be a good card.
I expect the main event to be pretty great, although I'm sure people will shit on it because it'll be "unjustifiably long", or because C&C is involved.
I mean, nearly every match on the show has the potential to be good, although I do wish Silas had a better opponent.
And I wonder if Monster Mafia would have found a place on the card if not for the border incident?