Tommaso Ciampa vs Jesse Sorensen at GLORY BY HONOR XII

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JSP

Re: Tommaso Ciampa vs Jesse Sorensen at GLORY BY HONOR XII

Post by JSP »

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Really, why is this such a big deal? It's really not. If he has a shit showing, guess what? ROH WON'T BRING HIM BACK! What's wrong with simply watching the match instead of jumping to snarky conclusions?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

JSP wrote: Really, why is this such a big deal? It's really not. If he has a shit showing, guess what? ROH WON'T BRING HIM BACK!
This post really inspires confidence in this card.
Last Real Man Hype
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Not at all excited for this match. But kudos to ROH for a real nice guy move here. My hopes arent very high, but hopefully he has a good showing
enigma89

Post by enigma89 »

Good publicity move by ROH, get the attention of those fans who know the Sorensen story and TNA fans.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry about this. Why are they doing this to Ciampa and the fans?
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

if there's any women or gay males in the crowd, they'll love Sorensen

great comeback story if he's okay to wrestle

he's a model basically, great body and very athletic pre injury.

this match excites me.

Tommaso Ciampa having some really strong matches these days. ROH tourny he looked great
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

Not sure how I feel about this. I haven't seen a lot of Sorensen, so I'll just have to wait and see. I would've much rather seen a Willie Mack debut, but as long as Sorensen impresses, I can't complain.
JSP

Post by JSP »

I'd love Mack in ROH but the dude needs to get into shape. The world is his oyster if he can get rid of that gut.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I think Willie's appeal is that he's a big, flabby, but athletic wrestler though.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I don't see Willie Mack ever getting a shot, first he lives in California, and they don't want to fly guys like the Young Bucks or TJP regularly. Also ever since his highly antisipated match with Brian Cage bombed all his momentum came to a stop. He is not nearly as over as he once was, and he relies on spots much more then he used to.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Jessy sorenson in roh not sure how I feel about that hopefully he can hang with the competition. He either sinks or swims thommaso is a good test to see if he can hang or not
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

JSP wrote:I'd love Mack in ROH but the dude needs to get into shape. The world is his oyster if he can get rid of that gut.
I like his gut. I'm not a body guy by any means when it comes to wrestling, but I don't want to see Mack's style and body become a trend. Wrestling needs its bigger dudes, though.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JSP wrote:Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Really, why is this such a big deal? It's really not. If he has a shit showing, guess what? ROH WON'T BRING HIM BACK! What's wrong with simply watching the match instead of jumping to snarky conclusions?
They wouldn't be smarks if they didn't find something to bitch about. I'd prefer ROH goes back to last year's glory days, like DBD X. This card sucks soooo much compared to that one.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Bitching? Some people just don't want to see Sorensen in ROH, it's called a difference of opinions and the mature move would be to accept that.

And as far as Willie Mack goes... Why should he strive to look like EVERY other wrestler? Samoa Joe never changed his appearance and people still love him. Willie Mack's style hasn't changed in the least. He's not reliant on spots anymore than the next independent wrestler.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Willie Mack's actually fallen off pretty far.

He hasn't had an impressive performance in PWG for a long time.
Silentpoisin

Post by Silentpoisin »

YimYac wrote:Willie Mack's actually fallen off pretty far.

I've heard rumors a few months ago that Super Dragon isn't too high on Willie Mack because he feels that he's gotten lazy. Maybe there's more to the story, maybe not idk. Who knows maybe the rumor isn't true at all, but willie has definitely been depushed this past year in PWG.
Silentpoisin

Post by Silentpoisin »

As for the whole Sorensen situation, i have mixed feelings about it, but let's just wait and see
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Silentpoisin wrote:
YimYac wrote:Willie Mack's actually fallen off pretty far.

I've heard rumors a few months ago that Super Dragon isn't too high on Willie Mack because he feels that he's gotten lazy. Maybe there's more to the story, maybe not idk. Who knows maybe the rumor isn't true at all, but willie has definitely been depushed this past year in PWG.
Maybe he's just toned it down since he has interest from AAA.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Mr. Small Package wrote:Bitching? Some people just don't want to see Sorensen in ROH, it's called a difference of opinions and the mature move would be to accept that.

And as far as Willie Mack goes... Why should he strive to look like EVERY other wrestler? Samoa Joe never changed his appearance and people still love him. Willie Mack's style hasn't changed in the least. He's not reliant on spots anymore than the next independent wrestler.
This isn't even a cosmetic thing, so quit with that. Samoa Joe was never outwardly fat, and come on, the dude's Samoan. So there's no real reason to make that comparison either. I guarantee you if--in 2005--you punched Joe in the stomach, that shit would be as hard as a rock. Not exactly the same with Willie, who frankly looks a little sloppy if I'm honest.

Willie needs to get in shape because A) he isn't getting anywhere besides indies looking like that and B) he's going to be crippled by 40. Am I saying he needs a Brian Cage physique? No. He just needs to look respectable because he's a wrestler.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

It's been a while since we last heard a "Fuck TNA" chant...