LOW KI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

LOW KI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Post by supersonic »

Due to @alljapan_pw not honoring their contractual obligations of medical care after being injured in AJPW, I'm retiring from Pro Wrestling
Thank you Low Ki for all of the great matches throughout the years, and being such a huge part of ROH's identity during its genesis.
The Dragon Saga

Re: LOW KI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I know there were rumors awhile back but this seems so sudden now. Ignoring what you thought of his personality and attitude toward kayfabe the dude was a hell of a wrestler and had some amazing matches. If his injury clears up in time and he/ROH can work out their differences a conclusive retirement match would be great to see.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Isn't this his second retirement?

Didn't he retire before getting signed by AJPW and now hes retiring again?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

No, there were rumors he was going to retire but then he showed up at some indy event and said he wasn't retiring, but now it seems it was at least on his mind at the time.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

This retirement seems so rushed, hope he's able to do what he wants in the future and saved some money for retirement.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Good bye asshole.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Yeah didn't he already retire?...Like a few months ago? Then he came back...and retired again? smh
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Yeah didn't he already retire?...Like a few months ago? Then he came back...and retired again? smh
That was just a rumor created by a wannabe dirtsheet. You need to learn how to filter out actual reporting and news from the peasant copy-and-paste phonies.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

supersonic wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Yeah didn't he already retire?...Like a few months ago? Then he came back...and retired again? smh
That was just a rumor created by a wannabe dirtsheet. You need to learn how to filter out actual reporting and news from the peasant copy-and-paste phonies.
You seem pretty sure about that
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I know there were rumors awhile back but this seems so sudden now. Ignoring what you thought of his personality and attitude toward kayfabe the dude was a hell of a wrestler and had some amazing matches. If his injury clears up in time and he/ROH can work out their differences a conclusive retirement match would be great to see.
Lots of matches I'd love to see:

Low Ki vs. Kevin Steen
Low Ki vs. Paul London
Low Ki vs. Michael Elgin
Low Ki vs. Eddie Edwards
Low Ki vs. Adam Cole
Low Ki vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Shit, imagine Low Ki vs. ACH.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

supersonic wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:I know there were rumors awhile back but this seems so sudden now. Ignoring what you thought of his personality and attitude toward kayfabe the dude was a hell of a wrestler and had some amazing matches. If his injury clears up in time and he/ROH can work out their differences a conclusive retirement match would be great to see.
Lots of matches I'd love to see:

Low Ki vs. Kevin Steen
Low Ki vs. Paul London
Low Ki vs. Michael Elgin
Low Ki vs. Eddie Edwards
Low Ki vs. Adam Cole
Low Ki vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Shit, imagine Low Ki vs. ACH.
MY GOD! :O
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

He said he wasn't retiring a few months ago and working shows here and there.

Hope he is healthy and does well for himself post wrestling.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

I'm sure he'll be back eventually if the right offer comes calling.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Fawrules wrote:I'm sure he'll be back eventually if the right offer comes calling.
None of the major companies seem to want to work with him, and I doubt any other companies in Japan have the money for him.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Tim wrote:Good bye asshole.
My sentiments exactly.
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

His match with KENTA at Final Battle '05 is one of my favorite matches. What a talent. I didn't know him personally so I can't really comment on his life outside of the ring, despite the stories I've heard.

Kind of coming full-circle here, but I just noticed KENTA's Compilation was taken off the website. Anyone know why?
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I thought Gabe signed him to a long term contract about 9 months ago or around the same time he signed Sami Callihan to a long term as well. :lol:
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AmericanDolphin_3 wrote:His match with KENTA at Final Battle '05 is one of my favorite matches. What a talent. I didn't know him personally so I can't really comment on his life outside of the ring, despite the stories I've heard.

Kind of coming full-circle here, but I just noticed KENTA's Compilation was taken off the website. Anyone know why?
That would indicate that it's out of stock.

I should also mention that it's refreshing to see someone on here acting like a grownup, instead of condemning someone they don't know personally just because of how he does business. Tired of the "soundbite" society that the world has turned into.
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

supersonic wrote:
AmericanDolphin_3 wrote:His match with KENTA at Final Battle '05 is one of my favorite matches. What a talent. I didn't know him personally so I can't really comment on his life outside of the ring, despite the stories I've heard.

That would indicate that it's out of stock.

I should also mention that it's refreshing to see someone on here acting like a grownup, instead of condemning someone they don't know personally just because of how he does business. Tired of the "soundbite" society that the world has turned into.
I wasn't sure if it was out of stock or they took it down. I figured that when "Hell Rising" got taken down, it was just out of stock. And well...It never came back and I still don't have it.

I respect Ki because of his talent, so I don't really want to comment on anything that I can't confirm.