LOW KI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: LOW KI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Post by supersonic »

Steen's "Hell Rising" was removed for legal reasons. There would be no legal reason to remove a KENTA comp unless some record label found out some copyrighted music could be heard on it.

AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

supersonic wrote:Steen's "Hell Rising" was removed for legal reasons. There would be no legal reason to remove a KENTA comp unless some record label found out some copyrighted music could be heard on it.
Yeah, I eventually figured that out. I was a little afraid that KENTA/NOAH got on bad terms with ROH, which would kill my hopes and dreams of a KENTA return.
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

supersonic wrote:Steen's "Hell Rising" was removed for legal reasons.
What legal reasons?
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

LariatWinslow wrote:
supersonic wrote:Steen's "Hell Rising" was removed for legal reasons.
What legal reasons?
Cause Steen was bashing Jim Cornette. In Jims contract it said something where if he left he couldn't be bashed, or something along those lines.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

supersonic wrote:
AmericanDolphin_3 wrote:His match with KENTA at Final Battle '05 is one of my favorite matches. What a talent. I didn't know him personally so I can't really comment on his life outside of the ring, despite the stories I've heard.

Kind of coming full-circle here, but I just noticed KENTA's Compilation was taken off the website. Anyone know why?
That would indicate that it's out of stock.

I should also mention that it's refreshing to see someone on here acting like a grownup, instead of condemning someone they don't know personally just because of how he does business. Tired of the "soundbite" society that the world has turned into.
You were ripping Ki in the first thread for Ki retiring months ago so don't gloat all high and mighty.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AmericanDolphin_3 wrote:
supersonic wrote:Steen's "Hell Rising" was removed for legal reasons. There would be no legal reason to remove a KENTA comp unless some record label found out some copyrighted music could be heard on it.
Yeah, I eventually figured that out. I was a little afraid that KENTA/NOAH got on bad terms with ROH, which would kill my hopes and dreams of a KENTA return.
Here's what I can tell you about KENTA (or even Low Ki) return.

I am very meh about attending ROH in NO since it's out of the way on the other side of the river, but if either one of those two (or even Alex Shelley) get booked, I'm there without question.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer provides clarification.
Low Ki (Brandon Sylvestery, 34) sent out a tweet on 10/14 stating that due to All Japan not honoring their contractual obligation for medical coverage from the injury he suffered, he was retiring from pro wrestling. Low Ki was scheduled for surgery for a torn ACL that he suffered on the recent Japan tour. It was also announced he had suffered broken ribs by the promotion to explain his being gone in the middle of the tour, although we were told he had been fired for an altercation with wrestler Hikaru Sato. Low Ki had told promoters shortly before going to All Japan that he was retired from wrestling and was doing voice over work, but All Japan made him a strong money offer to come back, and he only lasted a few days before problems started to surface. He’s been wrestling for 15 years and within the first few years it was obvious he was a super talent, but he never made the most of his talents, some of which were circumstances dealt to him but also some was due to his being so difficult to work with.
Six String Samurai wrote:
supersonic wrote:
AmericanDolphin_3 wrote:His match with KENTA at Final Battle '05 is one of my favorite matches. What a talent. I didn't know him personally so I can't really comment on his life outside of the ring, despite the stories I've heard.

Kind of coming full-circle here, but I just noticed KENTA's Compilation was taken off the website. Anyone know why?
That would indicate that it's out of stock.

I should also mention that it's refreshing to see someone on here acting like a grownup, instead of condemning someone they don't know personally just because of how he does business. Tired of the "soundbite" society that the world has turned into.
You were ripping Ki in the first thread for Ki retiring months ago so don't gloat all high and mighty.
Oh is that so?

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +ki#p51849
supersonic wrote:
Six String Samurai wrote:I am still disappointed that we never got that awesome tag match that was supposed to happen at Scramble Cage Melee, Samoa Joe and CM Punk versus Homicide and Low Ki.
When I rewatched 2004, I totally felt like Gabe was trying to heading towards this match despite the commentary not hinting towards it. Shame it never happened.

I honestly feel that most of his issues were worth it due to what he brought as an in-ring performer. I was really looking forward to his rumored feud with Mysterio.
Yeah, I really ripped Ki a new one there.

Do your fucking homework next time before you attempt to be smug towards me. Smugness must be earned.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

So I imagine he's going to get his ACL reconstructed soon then?
Six String Samurai

supersonic wrote:Do your fucking homework next time before you attempt to be smug towards me. Smugness must be earned.
Dude, I am really sorry, I totally misread that thread and did not check it before I attacked you. I apologize, I made a jerk of myself on that one.

I had not heard he came back for All Japan, they are in such a bad state these days.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Saul Goodman. I was intentionally being overly smug about it.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Forums, they're serious business.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Small Package wrote:Forums, they're serious business.
Some forums believe so, thankfully this place has gotten really lax.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Six String Samurai

I doubt they will given he never really did much with them but if WWE made a Ki documentary and best of, that would be amazing. He had great matches in ROH, NOAH, NJPW, JAPW, PWG, Evolve. Just was a headcase.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Yeah there is no way they'll give Ki a dvd. At best maybe a few random matches on WWE.com
Recall

Post by Recall »

Low Ki, that man knew how to burn a bridge and make it all so difficult that companies wanted nothing to do with him. It is a shame he got injured and no-one wishes that on anyone but damn son, chill.
In your honour.