Potential Final Battle Card

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Potential Final Battle Card

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So with only one big event left to go before Final Battle we can realistically begin guessing on what the Final Battle card could be. Of course we never know what ROH has up its sleeve and compared to last year when we expected no fly ins or special guests this year you never know what we might get, but it's always nice to speculate and throw around ideas.

Undercard could be anything but the title matches are a bit more predictable to be in or around something like:

ROH World Championship
Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin or Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin vs. Jay Briscoe or Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe

I for one hope they go with the three way. Cole and Elgin with Elgin going in without having to sell a previous match as he did at Death Before Dishonor could create a much different match, add in Cole now being a heel and stating he'll do whatever he has to do to hold onto the title and there are a lot of possibilities already. Go one step further and add Jay Briscoe and you got the two top breakout stars in ROH and one of its top stars in-general main eventing. Not bad on paper.

ROH World Tag Team Championships
reDRagon vs. Outlaw Inc

I assume we all want this? Outlaw Inc is a really unique spin on the conforming with the authority angle. While Eddie and Cide are doing what they promised their doing it in odd fashions, as repeated by Kevin Kelly every week as though we don't realize their wearing suits. Their playing the bad guys but their bad guys you want to like, while reDRagon to me play the most entertaining villain duo in wrestling right now other than Bad Influence. I'd really like a two on two tag match this year as opposed to last years clusterfuck.

ROH World TV Championship
Matt Taven vs. Tommaso Ciampa

These two know each other really well from Chaotic Wrestling so I've no doubt they'd have a good match if given the time. Taven's run started slow, picked up pace but now is just living on borrowed time. Ciampa is riding a huge wave of momentum and is constantly growing as a performer, dude has been one of my personal favorites since his return and him as TV Champion could make the title a lot more interesting.

Whether your own personal card is the same or varies there are still a lot of names available such as The Wolves, C&C, Kevin Steen, Adrenaline Rush, Michael Bennett, Mark Briscoe, Silas Young, etc, etc. If I were to add an undercard match It'd be Young vs. Mark in some sort of hardcore stipulation. Make it the rubber match.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: Potential Final Battle Card

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

My prediction for the card. I tried to use everyone from the roster.

Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin
reDRagon vs. Outlaw Inc.
Caprice Coleman vs. Cedric Alexander
Mark Briscoe vs. Silas Young (some sort of gimmick match)
Adrenaline RUSH vs. American Wolves
Kevin Steen vs. Michael Bennett
Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jay Lethal
Roderick Strong vs. Adam Page
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole vs Jay Briscoe vs Michael Elgin

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Tomasso Ciampa vs Jimmy Jacobs

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
reDRagon vs Monster Mafia vs AR vs Young Bucks

Outlaw Inc vs American Wolves

Caprice Coleman vs Cedric Alexander

Kevin Steen vs Silas Young

Matt Taven vs Adam Page (after Taven loses his TV title Truth will replace him with younger, better-looking Adam Page, imo this could work and Page as face is bland as fuck)

Jay Lethal vs Shelton Benjamin in special attarction match

Not the best card but it's the best I can think of.
MOOSE!
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Looks legit.

Wouldn't book a triple threat match, though. Just do Cole/Briscoe, Elgin should be kept far away from the title until he stands a believable chance of actually winning it. Fly in someone to wrestle him. Or alternatively, have Cole reform PWX's Dojo Bros in ROH and sick Eddie & Roddy on his two top challengers; Elgin & Steen. Boom, special attraction tag.

Also I hope that this whole C&C thing causes ripples through the rest of the tag divison. Parejas Increibles match, Cedric & TaDarius vs Caprice & ACH.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I agree with Cole/Jay and Elgin facing some fly in but i wouldn´t mind having the 3 way.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Cole/Jay was hella disappointing last time, so I'd have more confidence in a triple threat.
Last Real Man Hype
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Marketh. wrote:Cole/Jay was hella disappointing last time
I completely agree. However, that was because the match had no heat whatsoever. Or any backstory, for that matter. It was a bait-and-switch. Now I actually find myself wanting Jay to get his hands on Cole, 1-on-1. And that's astounding. It's literally the most invested I've ever been in a Briscoe World Title match.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ROH World Championship - 4-Way Elimination
Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong

ROH TV Championship

ROH Tag Team Championship
reDRagon vs Outlaw Inc.

Dream Match #1
Davey Richards vs Karl Anderson

Dream Match #2
Eddie Edwards vs Paul London

C & C vs Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin

Special attraction tag Team Match
Adrenaline RUSH vs. Young Bucks (vs Monster Mafia - if they can get their visa issues sorted by then)

6-Man Mayhem
Jimmy Jacobs vs Adam Page vs Silas Young vs Mike Bennett vs Mark Briscoe vs RD Evans
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

ROH World Title 3-Way Elimination Match- Adam Cole (C) vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin

Tag Team Match- The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs. Brian Kendrick & Paul London

ROH World Tag Team Title Match- redDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) (C) vs. Outlaw Inc. (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

ROH World TV Title Match- Matt Taven (C) vs. Tommaso Ciampa

#1 Contender For ROH World Title 4-Corner Survival Match- Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong vs. Michael Bennett vs. Jay Lethal

Fight Without Honor- Mark Briscoe vs. Silas Young

Tag Team Match- Adrenaline Rush! (ACH & Tadarius Thomas) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Adam Page
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Not really going to speculate on the full card, but here's what I think we'll more than likely to see:

- ROH World Title - Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- ROH World TV Title - Matt Taven (with Truth Martini) vs. Tommaso Ciampa
- Kevin Steen vs. Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis)

Yes, I do think Steen/Bennett will continue past Glory By Honor XII. Personally, I think Bennett will cost Steen his title match with Cole in Cincinnati & set up a rematch.

I'm also not going to say my prediction for the Tag Title Match, because I think (at the moment) that C & C will beat reDRagon for the belts in Columbus (I might be the only one on this entire board who thinks that).
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I'd like to see the Young Bucks on the show.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

bik100 wrote:I'd like to see the Young Bucks on the show.
Matt Jackson hinted on twitter saying there was big new involving the Bucks, so maybe it could be that :D
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I want to see Briscoe vs Cole one-on-one at Final Battle. Follow up with the triple threat at Anniversary show. Then have Elgin vs Cole one-on-one at the next big show.

I want to see all of these matches, and this seems like the most logical and interesting way to do this. If Jay doesn't have match until FB, it will really build the anticipation for this match. Elgin can stay involved with tag team/multiman non-title matches vs Cole. They can announce Cole/Elgin for 12YA prior to FB. At FB Cole could win with a semi-controversial finish, allowing Briscoe to work himself into 12YA and make it a triple threat. Cole gets a clean win over Briscoe ending that feud, and not hurting Elgin's credibility. Then Elgin goes on to win the Championship in his one-on-one title shot.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

World Title Match
Cole vs. Briscoe vs. Elgin

World Tag Title Match
reDRagon vs. Outlaw Inc

World T.V. Title Match
Taven vs. CIampa

Grudge Match/Stipulation Match
Steen vs. Bennett

Trial Series Match 5
Jacbos vs. Strong

Grude/Stipulation Match
Mark Briscoe vs. Silas

Lethal vs. Ced

Page vs. ACH or a 4 Way or something with T.D and Caprice
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

AndyDiaz wrote:Matt Jackson hinted on twitter saying there was big new involving the Bucks, so maybe it could be that :D
I think it's their NJPW debut on October 25, but i expect their return to ROH too.
ImageImage
bouncingskeleton

Post by bouncingskeleton »

DieHard wrote:After Taven loses his TV title Truth will replace him with younger, better-looking Adam Page, imo this could work and Page as face is bland as fuck.
+1
Now that we know Taven can talk, and he's finally coming into his own in the ring, he doesn't need Truth. Somebody like Page, however, does. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense. Ciampa can pick up the belt, getting revenge on Truth for the "collusion" angle (quotations because KK wouldn't shut the fuck up about it).

As far as the Title goes, please get Jay Briscoe the fuck away from singles competition. Have him in a triple threat at FB so Elgin doesn't have to take the pin. Then put the belt on Elgin in Canada (Border Wars?).
"Way to check your sources, asshole"- Bobby Fish
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

bouncingskeleton wrote:
DieHard wrote:After Taven loses his TV title Truth will replace him with younger, better-looking Adam Page, imo this could work and Page as face is bland as fuck.
+1
Now that we know Taven can talk, and he's finally coming into his own in the ring, he doesn't need Truth. Somebody like Page, however, does. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense. Ciampa can pick up the belt, getting revenge on Truth for the "collusion" angle (quotations because KK wouldn't shut the fuck up about it).

As far as the Title goes, please get Jay Briscoe the fuck away from singles competition. Have him in a triple threat at FB so Elgin doesn't have to take the pin. Then put the belt on Elgin in Canada (Border Wars?).
YES!!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Or not. He shouldn't be near the world title after Cole is done with him (preferably at FB), but does anybody really wanna see an umpteenth tag title run with Mark after that ?

He'll probably get lost in the shuffle like Lethal and Strong as a guy who "did everything" in RoH.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Mike Adamle wrote:ROH World Title 3-Way Elimination Match- Adam Cole (C) vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin

Tag Team Match- The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs. Brian Kendrick & Paul London

ROH World Tag Team Title Match- redDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) (C) vs. Outlaw Inc. (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

#1 Contender For ROH World Title 4-Corner Survival Match- Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong vs. Michael Bennett vs. Jay Lethal

Tag Team Match- Adrenaline Rush! (ACH & Tadarius Thomas) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

So far this is the best most logical card I've seen.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Mike Adamle wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:ROH World Title 3-Way Elimination Match- Adam Cole (C) vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Elgin

So far this is the best most logical card I've seen.
:lol:
MOOSE!