Official Glory By Honor XII: Champions vs. All-Stars Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official Glory By Honor XII: Champions vs. All-Stars Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Silas Young def. Mark Briscoe

Jimmy Jacobs def. Adam Page

Michael Bennett def. Kevin Steen

Tommaso Ciampa def. Jesse Sorensen

Outlaw Inc. def. Adrenaline RUSH

Paul London def. Roderick Strong

Champions vs. All-Stars
Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal & C&C Wrestle Factory def. Adam Cole, Matt Taven & reDRagon
Details: http://rohworld.com/glory-by-honor-xii-results/
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
AmericanDolphin_3

Re: Official Glory By Honor XII Thread

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

Looking forward to the show, as it's my first live ROH show. I'm a little disappointed with Jacobs/Page and the inclusion of C&C in the main event, but I still think it can turn out all right. Even if those matches suck, you can't go wrong with Strong vs. London.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I disagree with you on Jacobs/Page. That has the potential to be pretty good.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AmericanDolphin_3 wrote:Looking forward to the show, as it's my first live ROH show. I'm a little disappointed with Jacobs/Page and the inclusion of C&C in the main event, but I still think it can turn out all right. Even if those matches suck, you can't go wrong with Strong vs. London.
You're gonna have a blast, trust me.

I feel like the inclusion of Page in the Trial series is a way to have someone you know is going to lose, which is fine. But if it's given time, it'll be a nice little match.

London/Strong, you don't need me telling you how awesome that's gonna be.

The All-Star match I have problems with for a couple reasons, but I'm sure it'll be great.

Bennett/Steen, eh. Not sure if they should be focusing on Bennett's piledriver like this, but whatever.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Hopefully they'll do something interesting & unexpected with the main event. I've wanted to see Lethal in the tag divsion for about a year now, maybe they'll catalyse something like that.

...What if Lethal eliminates reDRagon, thanks to some impulsive, double-team help from a member of C&C?

What if the other member of C&C then goes on to pin Taven?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

There are a ton of hypothetical interesting developments in the Champions vs. All Stars match, and I don't recall reading they'd get their title shots at Final Battle which to me is the most important thing. Lethal will surely vie for the World title shot as much as he will the World TV title shot which could cause issues between he and Elgin, Cedric could pin Taven setting up a TV title match for him, maybe a couple of the champions such as say Cole and O'Reilly could survive, leaving Cole at least without a guaranteed challenger, which could then turn into Elgin having to deal with Jay Briscoe wanting his shot.

While I've been dead set on an Elgin vs. Cole Final Battle main event I wouldn't say no to Cole vs. Elgin vs. J. Briscoe either.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I agree on the Cole vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Elgin idea for Final Battle. That'd actually be an intriguing match-up.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I would have rather seen one of the other Trial Series matches on Glory by Honor, and Jacobs vs Page on a different show.

I was debating going to this show (2.5-3 hr drive) but the card so far hasn't done much to convince me it's worth it.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

if ROH is smart they book Outlaw Inc. vs Monster Mafia for that show, now that it hasn't happened at the last house show.
Other than that I hope they don't book another tag match and just give us two singles matches (assuming nbd else gets announced for this show):
Ciampa vs ACH
Young vs Thomas
...could be 2 good to great matches IMO
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well they really can't book Monster Mafia until they can get their Work Visas straightened out.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Well they really can't book Monster Mafia until they can get their Work Visas straightened out.
??? Monster Mafia work AAW in Chicago all the time. Why would they have trouble getting to this show?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

damasta414 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Well they really can't book Monster Mafia until they can get their Work Visas straightened out.
??? Monster Mafia work AAW in Chicago all the time. Why would they have trouble getting to this show?
Josh Alexander & Ethan Page are Canadian. They had visa issues, meaning they could not cross the border from Canada into the United States. They not only had to cancel their ROH appearance, but their appearance on an AIW show as well (where they are two of the promotion's top stars). Basically, they won't be working anymore shows in the US until they get their visa issues sorted out.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
damasta414 wrote:
Josh Alexander & Ethan Page are Canadian. They had visa issues, meaning they could not cross the border from Canada into the United States. They not only had to cancel their ROH appearance, but their appearance on an AIW show as well (where they are two of the promotion's top stars). Basically, they won't be working anymore shows in the US until they get their visa issues sorted out.
Damn. I was expecting them to be in the Tag Team Turmoil tournament in AAW this month. That sucks.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I mean if they can get their visa issues resolved quickly then that's great, but it depends on how long the process takes.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

It's a long and expensive process
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think that's why the Super Smash Brothers haven't done any shows in the US in recent months as well...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Lisa Marie Varon, aka Victoria from WWE/Tara from TNA, will be at Glory By Honor XII for a special autograph signing!
On October 26th Ring of Honor returns to The Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL for Glory by Honor XII! One of our premier events, this year's installment features an 8-Man Elimination Clash between the ROH champions and a team of ROH All-Stars, Steen vs. Bennett, London vs. Strong, and a whole lot more to come!

In addition to the matches, ROHWrestling.com has also learned that we will have a very special guest joining us for an autograph signing! She has been around the world and competed against the very best women in the wrestling world, and now the one and only Lisa Varon is coming to Ring of Honor! Specific details will be available shortly but we can tell you that she will be available prior to the start of the event to meet with the ROH faithful in Chicago Ridge!

Don't forget that you can also catch all the action from the best pro wrestling company on the planet every Wednesday night at The Squared Circle in Chicago! For more information head on over to The Squared Circle's website or follow them on Twitter @theSQDcircle!
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:I would have rather seen one of the other Trial Series matches on Glory by Honor, and Jacobs vs Page on a different show.

I was debating going to this show (2.5-3 hr drive) but the card so far hasn't done much to convince me it's worth it.
2.5-3 Hours? Christ, living in the South I drive nearly twice as long for B shows. Some fans are just spoiled.
Looks like a pretty fun show to me. I really don't get all the flak the main event is receiving on here, as I expect it will end up being pretty damn good and people will enjoy it once they see it on DVD/VOD.

Yeah, I get it, C&C aren't All-Stars and have been booked aimlessly lately, but they've been putting on some damn fun matches on the house shows, at least when they aren't being thrown into meaningless multi-man matches. And the Lethal hate I still don't get. The guy's character's kinda dull, but his matches have been consistently good since he made his return, in my opinion.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Hopefully Cedric shines in that Champions vs. All Stars match. I would love an upset if Cedric pins Cole and gets a title shot at one of the shows before Final Battle in Cincinatti, Dearborn or Columbus. It would also be cool if Elgin pinned Cole to get the title match but O'reilly pinned ELgin to win the match to set up some sort of triple threat at Final Battle. Lots of cool possibillities here.

I think the card is ok so far. Just needs one more match with potential. Ciampa vs. ACH would be good. Maybe Nana will bring in a new talent he is scouting. But it just needs one more standout match to take it out of B show territory.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »