Official Glory By Honor XII: Champions vs. All-Stars Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DieHard

Re: Official Glory By Honor XII: Champions vs. All-Stars Thr

Post by DieHard »

Mike0284 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:

Great promo!
If he really delivers Saturday I wouldn't mind seeing more of Sorensen in ROH.
Great promo, he wasn't anything special in TNA so hopefully he'll prove us wrong.
Last edited by DieHard on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOOSE!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

@MattTaven
There's a reason we have all the gold #greatestTVchamp
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Mike0284 wrote:
@MattTaven
The New Four Horsemen!? ;)
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

These guys were all jobbers at some point in ROH. I just find that pretty cool.

I mean, we all know Eddie was a jobber, Lethal was a jobber in Special K, but has there ever been a point in ROH where all the champs simultaneously were guys who were merely pre-show workers or jobbers early in their runs?
Last Real Man Hype
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I don't know but I think it's a sign of how much ROH has progressed too. They can bring these guys in, have a look at them and not feel pressure to throw money at them, instead letting them wait and continually improve. Hell even CM Punk jobbed a couple times on heat before signing for WWE, Bryan jobbed to John Cena on Velocity.
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

Hey all! Don't know if anyone is already set to find results here, but if not, we'll be tweeting them tonight from @twospotmonkeys! Feel free to give us a follow and follow along with the action tonight!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Mike0284 wrote:
@MattTaven
Dang, those titles look nice all lined up like that.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm a sucker for the tag titles. World is growing on me. Still not too over on the TV title though.

Also, one of the guys did a big breakdown on the Champions vs. All Stars match for my site. If you want to five it a read:

ROH Glory by Honor XII: Champions vs. All-Stars; Four Top Contenders Look For a Shot at Adam Cole's World Championship
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Does anyone REALLY care about ROH at all right now? Like you're honestly PUMPED for this show?
JSP

Post by JSP »

I'd like to see it, yes. That happens when you're a fan of a certain company. Welcome to fandom.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

fm20000 wrote:Does anyone REALLY care about ROH at all right now? Like you're honestly PUMPED for this show?
ROH? Yes. This show? Well, I'm not pissed I won't be able to watch it live, though I am annoyed it looks like this show and The Golden Dream have the cards the wrong way round.
Last Real Man Hype
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Marketh. wrote:
fm20000 wrote:Does anyone REALLY care about ROH at all right now? Like you're honestly PUMPED for this show?
ROH? Yes. This show? Well, I'm not pissed I won't be able to watch it live, though I am annoyed it looks like this show and The Golden Dream have the cards the wrong way round.
Like... I've tried to watch the shows and there is just NOTHING exciting about the product right now. It's just sort of there.

Presentation is bland, commentating is bland, storylines are bland, and the one thing I usually can never say about ROH but I can right now, the matches are bland.

There is just nothing about the company that is generating any sort of buzz right now.

Also not having iPPV is killing them. When there isn't much excitiment being generated in the first place, people aren't going to buy a DVD a week after the show when they can just read the results online.

I'm not even trying to be FUCK ROH THIS COMPANY SUCKS mode right now, I want the company to be better...but man it's just so boring.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

The TV title needs to be redone.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think not having iPPV are the thing that helped the company this year, they have better cards in the houseshows now and keep the company from having angry fans shitting on them after the iPPV went wrong.

The storylines right now are beginning after the reboot they went with the tournament in the last month.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

bik100 wrote:The TV title needs to be redone.
The TV title needs feuds.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

fm20000 wrote:
Marketh. wrote:
Like... I've tried to watch the shows and there is just NOTHING exciting about the product right now. It's just sort of there.

Presentation is bland, commentating is bland, storylines are bland, and the one thing I usually can never say about ROH but I can right now, the matches are bland.

There is just nothing about the company that is generating any sort of buzz right now.

Also not having iPPV is killing them. When there isn't much excitiment being generated in the first place, people aren't going to buy a DVD a week after the show when they can just read the results online.

I'm not even trying to be FUCK ROH THIS COMPANY SUCKS mode right now, I want the company to be better...but man it's just so boring.
It's been a rough year for ROH. First the SCUM storyline fails to live up to expectations, and is then justifiably cut short. Then we get a tournament that seem to last forever. Added to this is the increase in Road Rage TV, and the lack of iPPVs, and it's hard to be excited for ROH.

Night of Hoopla was amazing though :D
JSP

Post by JSP »

I've accepted the fact that Delirious isn't that good of a booker. I just take what I can get at this point.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They are tapping matches preshow, i guess for TV.

Qumar Zaman ‏@TheQumarZaman 11min
We have a pre-show match, set for @ringofhonor "Ringside" members: Will Ferarra vs. The Romantic Touch. #GBHXII
Judging by the "RT" on his trunks and his mannerisms, I think the Romantic Touch is @RhettTitusANX. We are chanting accordingly. #GBHXII
@RhettTitusANX...I mean the Romantic Touch hits a fisherman's brainbuster on Ferrara to get the pinfall victory. Addicted to love! #GBHXII
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

JSP wrote:I've accepted the fact that Delirious isn't that good of a booker. I just take what I can get at this point.
I don't think he's a horrible booker, but I think he'd be much more valuable at this point as an in-ring performer. I miss Delirious. :cry: