ROH in North/South Carolina

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
icyhot

Re: ROH in North/South Carolina

Post by icyhot »

Chris Xtreme wrote:
icyhot wrote:It was packed tonight. I did hear someone say they were advertising $10 tickets but was told they sold out of them. I did see a few front row seats open but that's about it.
Thats pretty cool. Of course they had to do the 10 dollar sale to do it, it least I persume that was the point of the sale. But a packed house is a packed house. And shows that perhaps Greensboro has the potential to be a good market for them. Of course we got to see what the attandance is like for the Greensboro shows going foward.
I'd like to see them package Greensboro with another NC city next, maybe Fayetteville. That SC show sounds like the attendance wasn't great. I still think Richmond VA and Raleigh NC would make a good double shot as well.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
cviens

Post by cviens »

icyhot wrote:
Chris Xtreme wrote:
icyhot wrote:It was packed tonight. I did hear someone say they were advertising $10 tickets but was told they sold out of them. I did see a few front row seats open but that's about it.
Thats pretty cool. Of course they had to do the 10 dollar sale to do it, it least I persume that was the point of the sale. But a packed house is a packed house. And shows that perhaps Greensboro has the potential to be a good market for them. Of course we got to see what the attandance is like for the Greensboro shows going foward.
I'd like to see them package Greensboro with another NC city next, maybe Fayetteville. That SC show sounds like the attendance wasn't great. I still think Richmond VA and Raleigh NC would make a good double shot as well.
If they come to Raleigh you can bet your ass I'll be there! I live about 10-15 minutes from Raleigh.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

I guess the good thing here is that when the first run of touring is done....They can learn from their mistakes and see what markets have potential to work for them. Then they can adjust accordingly. Plus you have the markets Sinclair is adding in 2012 from their recent purchases. Plus any other markets they can get ROH in. Although, I wouldn't let TV stop me from debuting in a market that I thought had the potential to draw a good house.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

You honestly can't expect the attendance to spike after having something like 8 episodes of TV airing. Idealy they'd have waiting six months before trying out one of the television markets for a house show.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

JSWO wrote:You honestly can't expect the attendance to spike after having something like 8 episodes of TV airing. Idealy they'd have waiting six months before trying out one of the television markets for a house show.
Completely agree with this. And most people with sound thinking felt the same, that going into these markets with these events was too soon.

Now, if Greensboro did 800+ paid, then that is probably a very good number, especially when you think of a 4pm bell time in the thick of football season (which, I personally think is crazy).

The results of this weekend's shows is interesting because you can see that guys are being built and established as challengers for the World Title, but that is about it.

The TV title and Tag title scenes could benefit from creating challengers on the horizon, but for whatever reason it just is not happening. I am most nervous on the tag end of things, as it appears whichever team that walks away from Final Battle with the tag titles won't have a single fresh contender to challenge them for the titles...
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Chris Xtreme wrote:
They had a $10 sale for both events so I would hope that even with a packed house at the SC show, even if it was only 200-325 that most of them paid.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

JSWO wrote:You honestly can't expect the attendance to spike after having something like 8 episodes of TV airing. Idealy they'd have waiting six months before trying out one of the television markets for a house show.
I agree, thats one of the things I've been worried about. But they are doing it, so we can only see where they go from here. If that Greensboro number is legit , it does give me more hope.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I hope I'm wrong but judging by the pictures posted on the ROH Facebook page, it looks nowhere near 800 people.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

even with tv(which just started)i dont see how Sinclair would hope to draw 700 people when ROH has few places they run that regularly draw that.

i do hope they do a better job promoting locally. that was always one of my biggest complaints over the last few years.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

dark patriot wrote: i do hope they do a better job promoting locally. that was always one of my biggest complaints over the last few years.
To this point (and forgive me if I missed it covered in the thread already), did anyone who attended the shows or lives in the Carolinas notice any local advertising for these shows (flyers, TV spots, radio, print, etc.)?
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

WrestlingMatters wrote:I hope I'm wrong but judging by the pictures posted on the ROH Facebook page, it looks nowhere near 800 people.
LOL. There was nowhere near 800 people there(Unlikely 800 attended BOTH). Spartanburg did 300-350. Greensboro was relatively the same, maybe up some.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
WrestlingMatters wrote:I hope I'm wrong but judging by the pictures posted on the ROH Facebook page, it looks nowhere near 800 people.
LOL. There was nowhere near 800 people there(Unlikely 800 attended BOTH). Spartanburg did 300-350. Greensboro was relatively the same, maybe up some.
It just seemed like an unnecessary risk to run these shows, I hope they didn't lose a ton of money with such a low attendance.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Had to be more than 400 people in Greensboro last night. I wish I had tried to count now.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Bruce Mitchell or Pro Wrestling Torch who was at the SC show said garunteed 350. Chris Shore of prowrestling.net who was at the NC show said 850 was the word he got.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

cgstong wrote:Bruce Mitchell or Pro Wrestling Torch who was at the SC show said garunteed 350. Chris Shore of prowrestling.net who was at the NC show said 850 was the word he got.
That's just idiotic and not true. If Greensboro did even 600 people they would have had a fireworks display going off during the show and announced their next iPPV for the building. I'd say it was comparable to the Charlotte crowds in all aspects except down a little in numbers. They probably averaged 450 or so in the three events they ran at the Metrolina.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
cgstong wrote:Bruce Mitchell or Pro Wrestling Torch who was at the SC show said garunteed 350. Chris Shore of prowrestling.net who was at the NC show said 850 was the word he got.
That's just idiotic and not true. If Greensboro did even 600 people they would have had a fireworks display going off during the show and announced their next iPPV for the building. I'd say it was comparable to the Charlotte crowds in all aspects except down a little in numbers. They probably averaged 450 or so in the three events they ran at the Metrolina.
I'm certain it was a bigger crowd than Charlotte.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

JSWO wrote:Yesterday was about 325 or so. Today I was told was a full house, so likely 850 or so.
Getting this SC 200-325 NC 300-400 for attendance
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
Yeah getting it straightended out between 2 guys who were at the NC show. They are saying the reports are not quoting accurate seating for the event. I guess the venue can seat up to 850 but they only set out between 400-500 chairs and that most were full. Sorry for the mix up on numbers guys.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

They probably averaged 450 or so in the three events they ran at the Metrolina.
yeah i was there for 2 of them and thats accurate.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Should have accurate numbers around Wednesday from Meltzer. But still hearing 300 or so for South Carolina and 850 for Greensboro.
Admin note: User permanently banned.