ROH in North/South Carolina

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Re: ROH in North/South Carolina

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I think "Southern Defiance" could possibly be one of the best shows of the year. It looks fantastic on paper and should be a very fun show. Who does everyone think will win the battle royal?
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I think Jay Briscoe should win. Apart from Steen, he's the best heel on the roster right now and I think he'd pull out something different than your typical Davey match.
Last Real Man Hype
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
icyhot wrote:Damn. They do have smaller sections on the Complex, but don't know if they could work those into space for wrestling. If they run the mini-area, you are right, it will have a ton of empty seats.
I get them wanting to run directly in these more populated cities and where the TV is on, but why the event centers of these huge arenas? Or places that won't even come close to doing capacity? There goal isn't even 1,000 per house show, so it just seems like an odd, poor business decision.

We'll also have to pay parking this weekend! :(

Looking at the floor map, it doesn't look like they have any permanent seats in the venue, so if that's the case, there is no way in hell they are putting out 5000 seats. 5000 is probably the listed capacity for conventions, etc. Anyone have a picture of the venue?
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

Looks like there is Events Centers A, B, and C, with C having the 5,000 capacity. So maybe they are running a smaller Event Center? I don't know, but we'll know after this weekend!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Hope everyone enjoys the shows this weekend!
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
icyhot wrote:Damn. They do have smaller sections on the Complex, but don't know if they could work those into space for wrestling. If they run the mini-area, you are right, it will have a ton of empty seats.
I get them wanting to run directly in these more populated cities and where the TV is on, but why the event centers of these huge arenas? Or places that won't even come close to doing capacity? There goal isn't even 1,000 per house show, so it just seems like an odd, poor business decision.

We'll also have to pay parking this weekend! :(

yeah plus youd have to think renting these venues is more expensive than your usual Metrolina Tradeshow Expo building. not a good way to spend money IMO. paying for parking and ticketmaster fees,how wonderful :( .
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

The flip side of that is SBG has bigger reserves to spend money than Cary Silken. They, probably, view it as an investment and expect big on their returns. Not necessarily this month, but in the future.
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

I'm pulling for Jay Lethal to win the battle royal. But Kenny King and Jay Briscoe would be my next choices to win
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If I get any results tonight I will be posting them. Hope they don't as spoilers. Shouldn't but just checking.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

cgstong wrote:If I get any results tonight I will be posting them. Hope they don't as spoilers. Shouldn't but just checking.

Naa they don't count as spoilers, the spoiler board is just for the TV tapings
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
cgstong wrote:If I get any results tonight I will be posting them. Hope they don't as spoilers. Shouldn't but just checking.

Naa they don't count as spoilers, the spoiler board is just for the TV tapings
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure 8-)
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

10 bell salute for Bison Smith.
Reportedly they are recording stuff for TV.
Introducing a concept called "Road Rage". Sounds like both Proving Ground matches will be on television in Jan.
They're doing live commentary with Kevin Kelly and Cornette.

Mike Bennett vs. Adam Cole: Mike Bennett over Adam Cole with the side effect. Quite a hot crowd.

The Bravados Brothers vs. Los Ben Dejos: The Bravados win with an assisted roll up.

TJP vs. Jay Lethal in a Proving Ground match. Lethals wins with a handstand springboard into ace crusher in about 11 mins.

The Young Bucks vs. ANX: Bucks win with more bang for your buck. Ok match. Titus was selling the leg a ton late in the match.

Intermission

More & pics at http://wp.me/p1rVA2-35p
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Any speculation on the attendance?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Full results

Mike Bennett vs. Adam Cole: Mike Bennett over Adam Cole with the side effect. Quite a hot crowd.
The Bravados Brothers vs. Los Ben Dejos: The Bravados win with an assisted roll up.
TJP vs. Jay Lethal in a Proving Ground match. Lethals wins with a handstand springboard into ace crusher in about 11 mins.
The Young Bucks vs. ANX: Bucks win with more bang for your buck. Ok match. Titus was selling the leg a ton late in the match.
Intermission
The Briscoes vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
The Briscoes win with the doomsday on Cedric. The Briscoes are BY FAR the biggest stars of the show thus far reaction wise.
Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong vs. WGTT in a Proving Ground match. 20-minute time limit.
WGTT win in about 17 mins. with Shelton’s leaping top rope german release on Elgin. Pretty good.
El Generico vs. Eddie Edwards: Eddie Edwards wins in about 18 mins. via submission with the half crab. Really good match.
20-man Honor Rumble: They have a horn to signify each entrant.
Jay Briscoe cleans house on the first five entrants and Caprice Coleman.
WGTT/Briscoes eliminate each other and Grizzly is left alone with a few entrants to go.
The final four is Generico, Elgin, Strong, and Lethal.
Jay Lethal eliminates Roderick Strong to win the Honor Rumble and earn a future ROH World Title shot!
Good night from Spartanburg! We will have coverage of tomorrow’s Greensboro show starting around 4 pm est.

Credit PWPonderings.com
or Fb.com/ROHworld
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

It's bad enough that they put the title on Lethal, but I don't want to see him in the main event scene.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Chris Xtreme wrote:Any speculation on the attendance?
Sorry didn't get any word on that.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Can anyone elaborate on "Road Rage"?
Last Real Man Hype
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

syxxpakk wrote:The flip side of that is SBG has bigger reserves to spend money than Cary Silken. They, probably, view it as an investment and expect big on their returns. Not necessarily this month, but in the future.
well they could always move to the bigger building as the need dictates.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Marketh. wrote:Can anyone elaborate on "Road Rage"?
I would assume its what they are calling the matches they are taping at different venues when the whole show isn't a TV taping.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

JustSkiff wrote:It's bad enough that they put the title on Lethal, but I don't want to see him in the main event scene.
reminds me of the Bennett/Lethal match at Best in the World. folks were crapping all over Bennett for hardly doing any "movez" and i was like "Lethal hardly doing any either but you guys are kissing his butt.