ROH in North/South Carolina

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
icyhot

ROH in North/South Carolina

Post by icyhot »

Anybody going to Spartanburg or Greensboro next weekend?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
syxxpakk

Re: ROH in North/South Carolina

Post by syxxpakk »

I considered Spartanburg, but just couldn't do it. Made up for with my DVD purchase on Friday though :D
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

I always see you in Charlotte. Shame you couldn't make it.
As of right now, I only know 4 people going to the Greensboro show, and they're all riding with me.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Will be at both. Spartanburg looks like a load of fun, while Greensboro is easily the least interested I have ever been less than a week out for the 20+ ROH events i've attended.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

ninetwentyfour wrote:Will be at both. Spartanburg looks like a load of fun, while Greensboro is easily the least interested I have ever been less than a week out for the 20+ ROH events i've attended.
The elimination tag could be fantastic or it could just end up tedious. I'm going to try to be optimistic.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

icyhot wrote:I always see you in Charlotte. Shame you couldn't make it.
As of right now, I only know 4 people going to the Greensboro show, and they're all riding with me.
Greensboro is too far from. I don't really know how I dropped the ball on Spartanburg. Me and my buddy talked about going, but it never materialized.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

im in the northeast but was able to combine some personal business with the NC shows a couple times in the last couple years. i wish i was able to make a weekend out of one of their upcoming tours.

also i hate the fact that some of the venues they are running are using ticketmaster :roll:
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

dark patriot wrote:im in the northeast but was able to combine some personal business with the NC shows a couple times in the last couple years. i wish i was able to make a weekend out of one of their upcoming tours.

also i hate the fact that some of the venues they are running are using ticketmaster :roll:
Is it the venues or ROH making the decision to use Ticketmaster?
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

icyhot wrote:
ninetwentyfour wrote:Will be at both. Spartanburg looks like a load of fun, while Greensboro is easily the least interested I have ever been less than a week out for the 20+ ROH events i've attended.
The elimination tag could be fantastic or it could just end up tedious. I'm going to try to be optimistic.
And I'll certainly welcome the match in this manner as well, it's just with the formula of the ROH main events in the last several months, and a match basically guaranteeing at minimum 60 minutes of action, I'm not invested that much going in. We'll see how it turns out.

On a positive note C&C/Bucks and Cole/Lethal are two first time matches I am looking forward to!
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

icyhot wrote:
dark patriot wrote:im in the northeast but was able to combine some personal business with the NC shows a couple times in the last couple years. i wish i was able to make a weekend out of one of their upcoming tours.

Venues.

On note of this, anyone see the seating layout for Greensboro? Ooof.
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

Main events for this loop look like a lot of fun! Would love to be there if I wasn't 14 hours away. As always, I'll just buy the DVD. Hope anyone who goes has a good time.
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
icyhot wrote:

Venues.

On note of this, anyone see the seating layout for Greensboro? Ooof.
Looks like a layout for a WWE show, but in a flat venue. Don't know if I would want to pay front row coin for a crappy view.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

mulkeybros wrote:Looks like a layout for a WWE show, but in a flat venue. Don't know if I would want to pay front row coin for a crappy view.
Sucks. I assume this is a venue decision as well. The good news is they will likely make a little more money by selling additional front row seats, the bad news it will look like less people are there(Which looks bad on DVD), but most importantly some people will pay for front row and have a fifth row view. I have Section C/Seat 11, which I got before the chart was up and isn't ideal, but it could be a lot worse.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Looking at the chart now, I'm A 1, seat 5, so I should be in good shape. Sucks that some first rows seats will have an obstructed view. Any one having a poor live experience in a new city might not come back next go round.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I was wanting to make the drive up from Jacksonville, FL to make at least one of the shows. But with final exams the week after these shows, there is just no way I can do it. I will hopefully be attending my first ROH shows WrestleMania weekend.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Southern Defiance looks a great card. Northern Agression on the other hand could be a disaster if the main event doesn't deliver, and a 5,000 seat venue? could be a LOT of empty seats.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

WrestlingMatters wrote:Southern Defiance looks a great card. Northern Agression on the other hand could be a disaster if the main event doesn't deliver, and a 5,000 seat venue? could be a LOT of empty seats.
They are running in a smaller room at both Greensboro and Norfolk, not the main parts.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

icyhot wrote:
WrestlingMatters wrote:Southern Defiance looks a great card. Northern Agression on the other hand could be a disaster if the main event doesn't deliver, and a 5,000 seat venue? could be a LOT of empty seats.
They are running in a smaller room at both Greensboro and Norfolk, not the main parts.
It says on the website that Greensboro will be in the Special Events Center of the coliseum which holds 5,000. The main part holds 23,500.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
icyhot wrote:
It says on the website that Greensboro will be in the Special Events Center of the coliseum which holds 5,000. The main part holds 23,500.
Damn. They do have smaller sections on the Complex, but don't know if they could work those into space for wrestling. If they run the mini-area, you are right, it will have a ton of empty seats.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

icyhot wrote:Damn. They do have smaller sections on the Complex, but don't know if they could work those into space for wrestling. If they run the mini-area, you are right, it will have a ton of empty seats.
I get them wanting to run directly in these more populated cities and where the TV is on, but why the event centers of these huge arenas? Or places that won't even come close to doing capacity? There goal isn't even 1,000 per house show, so it just seems like an odd, poor business decision.

We'll also have to pay parking this weekend! :(