ROH in North/South Carolina

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: ROH in North/South Carolina

Post by cgstong »

JSWO wrote:Should have accurate numbers around Wednesday from Meltzer. But still hearing 300 or so for South Carolina and 850 for Greensboro.
No no. It was a full house for Greensboro but only between 400-500 chairs were put out. So no more 850.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Over on Alan4L's board, a poster suggested that the stuff taped this weekend might be used for those episodes that will take place after Final Battle that there were no TV tapings for. I think he's on to something!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Yeah, I posted earlier on here that there isn't another TV taping until after the new year so they will have a gap where there are no taped shows to air.

I understand they will show the Proving Ground matches in full and highlights of the 8 man elimination match.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Sounds like a great idea, honestly. I love that they're taping with iPPVs in mind.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

cgstong wrote:
JSWO wrote:Should have accurate numbers around Wednesday from Meltzer. But still hearing 300 or so for South Carolina and 850 for Greensboro.
No no. It was a full house for Greensboro but only between 400-500 chairs were put out. So no more 850.

Building also has a large area for GA.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

JSWO wrote:
cgstong wrote:

Building also has a large area for GA.
It was hardly a "full house" even with the chairs put out. Two sections had rows empty. I ate my first row ticket just for comfort to sit in the back and was much more comfortable! Was the only one in my particular row.

What I do want to commend ROH on is for like the first time ever loading up the hardcam side on both nights, so on DVD it will actually look like people are there. In Spartanburg they had 7 rows and the bleachers completely filled for the hardcam side, while there weren't even 7 combined full rows in the other three sections. They made sure every hardcam seat was filled in Greensboro as well.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

ninetwentyfour wrote: What I do want to commend ROH on is for like the first time ever loading up the hardcam side on both nights, so on DVD it will actually look like people are there. In Spartanburg they had 7 rows and the bleachers completely filled for the hardcam side, while there weren't even 7 combined full rows in the other three sections. They made sure every hardcam seat was filled in Greensboro as well.
Actually, there was two empty seats to the right of me and one one the left, so technically not every hardcam seat was filled in Greensboro. I was right behind Kevin Kelly and Jim Cornette in Section A, front row. Of course, somebody could have chosen not to sit next to me and sat General Admission instead, who knows. Maybe I smell funny? I know I look funny. Hmmmm. Sniff.

Yeah I guess I do smell a little. Have to work on that. :)
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

a stinky guy at wrestling show,say it isnt so :o :P
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

According to the observer attendance was 350 and 375 for the two weekend shows.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

ugh. they couldve drawn that anywhere.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Also, the Observer mentioned something about the Carolina's having higher then the national average rating for the local airing of ROH's TV Show. Which is interested. Didn't seem to translate to attendance, at least not enough. Supposedly, there we're some new fans that came.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Chris Xtreme wrote:Also, the Observer mentioned something about the Carolina's having higher then the national average rating for the local airing of ROH's TV Show. Which is interested. Didn't seem to translate to attendance, at least not enough. Supposedly, there we're some new fans that came.
Which makes since due to the fact that the Carolinas have more markets/stations than anywhere else. Two months was too soon. Hopefully the low attendance numbers doesn't scare them off.
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

Chris Xtreme wrote:According to the observer attendance was 350 and 375 for the two weekend shows.
We can only hope they build from there! Sounds like the shows were good, so hopefully this will be the bottom in regards to attendance.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I'm probably in the minority, but I think this is likely a good sign. It probably could have been a little stronger, but they were never going to put more than 400 in either arena - and both were new places for them. It's a good base for them to build on. I think a lot of people are losing sight that ROH isn't just something SBG bought - it's something SBG has made an investment in. When you make an investment in something, you don't get nor expect results over night. They know it'll take time.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Thats very true. The sky is diffinitly not falling yet. Its just been discouraging. Since the TV show seems to get no buzz, a lot of wrestling newsletters aren't even really covering them anymore then before, Chicago had a weak house, and now this. The only good news is the talk that they are doing a decent rating for the timeslots they are in. But I'm not sure how good the rating they are doing really is?

But yeah it is way too soon for TV to have any dramatic effect on house show attendance. And I'd argue that this tour shouldn't have been done so soon.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

A 6 month run of tv would have been a more appropriate time frame to run shows there.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

The newsletters/dirtsheets don't cover ROH much because they know nothing about wrestling outside TNA/WWE so can't make up believable rumours like they do for the 'big two'.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

It's not that the newsletters aren't covering ROH, it's just that ROH hasn't had much to talk about. The Observer still covers the live events and talks about any major announcements that are made, but there's rarely ever any big news from ROH to discuss.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i didnt realize the numbers for Chicago were down,what was that figure?