It seems that American Wolves stay in ROH :)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KL_

It seems that American Wolves stay in ROH :)

Post by KL_ »

Source: The Wrestling Observer + WZR Online
Joey Ryan, Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards were the big independent names at the last tryout. At this time, there is no confirmation that they have been offered a deal. In the case of Richards and Edwards, they are not currently signed with ROH and have been working on per appearance deals. The two have also not received any phone calls back from WWE as of this writing.
Plus also there was a news that WWE has signed Dylan Mile and Leah Van Dale to a developmental deal. That brings us to this
The signing of Mile and Dale brings up the question as to what is going to happen with Joey Ryan, Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards, all of whom recently participated in a WWE tryout at the Performance Center as well. The latter two are former Ring Of Honor World Champions, neither of which are contractually obligated to the promotion. This would allow both guys to be signed by WWE if the company had interest in them. With WWE signing the aforementioned two talents, one wonders if they have any interest in the former ROH stars.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: It seems that American Wolves stay in ROH :)

Post by McXal »

Sucks for them if they aren't getting signed. By all reports they had a great try-out, so at least they'll know they couldn't have done more.

I love watching both of them in ROH, and they've both been in terrific form through 2013 so far - so of course I will be pleased if we get to see more of them. BUT, these guys truly deserve to make a load of money and showcase their skills to as many as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if TNA at least make some enquiries if WWE is off the table for them. Not sure whether that is something they'd consider though - I presume they can make as much (if not more) money working the indies and Japan than they could if they only got a low end TNA deal...
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

One thing I don't get is how reports can say they had a good try out. Were these people there? Are they people that matter? It would be like going to a job interview and hearing "you had a good interview" and then you don't get hired. Obviously if they had such a good tryout they would be signed by now. I can't picture the aforementioned talent having better tryouts than Eddie and Davey but who knows? Also mxcal I love your review site and look forward to the updates.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

You've got to remember that WWE also looks for marketability and charisma and the Wolves aren't really great in those areas.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
riffdog

Post by riffdog »

I completly dissagree with saying Davey is lacking charisma. He has always been this kind of no nonsense wrestlr in ROH but in places like PWG and AAW he shows a lot more personality.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

if the Wolves really stay (I'd love to see it from a fan perspective to be honest) I'd say let Eddie and Strong form the Dojo Bros in ROH and push Davey as a main event heel
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Just put the Wolves and Roddy together... The American Dojo Remorse Corps.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Just because WWE signed those two people from the tryout doesn't mean they won't sign Davey and Eddie. They have waited a while after tryouts before to sign talent. Might just be a matter of timing and trying to consider options for them before they do anything. They could be in talks for contracts and we would have no idea, its never really official until someone passes all of the medical tests and physicals.
felkerpat

Post by felkerpat »

if the Wolves really stay (I'd love to see it from a fan perspective to be honest) I'd say let Eddie and Strong form the Dojo Bros in ROH and push Davey as a main event heel
Yes! Both these would be amazing!
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

During the Davey/Steen feud, I was 100% certain and would defend to the death that it was great because they were subtly turning Davey heel with his douchebag MMA proto-reDRagon gimmick. I wish that ended up being the case.
Last Real Man Hype
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

WWE will no longer be signing anybody from ROH, DG USA/Evolve or PWG. Anybody signed from the past was due to them wanting to keep away from certain companies or there were people who got on an Indy kick, which never lasts long. WWE has made the decision on what types they want to recruit for the performance center and it has nothing to do with the best of the Indies.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Can't wait for the Wolves to come to TNA.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

LJimmy wrote:WWE will no longer be signing anybody from ROH, DG USA/Evolve or PWG. Anybody signed from the past was due to them wanting to keep away from certain companies or there were people who got on an Indy kick, which never lasts long. WWE has made the decision on what types they want to recruit for the performance center and it has nothing to do with the best of the Indies.
Yeah, I had heard the same thing from an interview with HHH. That they're going with homegrown talent from now on, because they don't want people coming in with bad habits.
Which seems really strange, given the recent rash of indy signings, and the recent rash of success from these signings.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

bik100 wrote:Can't wait for the Wolves to come to TNA.
Not sure why The Wolves would go to a company that's unsure about it's own future, but if they really want to go there, more power to them.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Not sure why The Wolves would go to a company that's unsure about it's own future, but if they really want to go there, more power to them.
If WWE isn't interested, why not give TNA a shot? ROH can always take them back.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
LJimmy wrote:WWE will no longer be signing anybody from ROH, DG USA/Evolve or PWG. Anybody signed from the past was due to them wanting to keep away from certain companies or there were people who got on an Indy kick, which never lasts long. WWE has made the decision on what types they want to recruit for the performance center and it has nothing to do with the best of the Indies.
Yeah, I had heard the same thing from an interview with HHH. That they're going with homegrown talent from now on, because they don't want people coming in with bad habits.
Which seems really strange, given the recent rash of indy signings, and the recent rash of success from these signings.
Perhaps the recent rash of indy signings was to get the last generation of non-homegrown talent - guys they've had people watching for years that had some cache. And now that they're signed, they ignore the indies for their homegrown guys...
JSP

Post by JSP »

I think they're more focused on being logical about their careers. Because, ya know, money.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

Because WWE has done so well at taking guys with no experience or passion for wrestling and making them into legit wrestlers. See how long this idea lasts.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Six String Samurai wrote:Because WWE has done so well at taking guys with no experience or passion for wrestling and making them into legit wrestlers. See how long this idea lasts.
I hope it doesn't stick for a different reason.

If they're only going home grown from now on, then that means working in the indies in the future is pointless for a LOT of indy wrestlers. Most of them want to get into the WWE, so if they're big on the indies, from the sounds of it, they probably won't get into the WWE. So what's the point for them?

I don't know if that makes sense, but I'm not a fan of this way of thinking.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

bik100 wrote: If WWE isn't interested, why not give TNA a shot? ROH can always take them back.
TNA is not a secure place to work at this point. Hogan might be gone, Styles is still in limbo and people within the company don't even know about the company's future post-Bound for Glory, or 2014 in general. Again, if they were to go, more power to them, but in my estimation, it's not a secure place to work. I'd say ROH is more secure than TNA at this point.