War of the Wire II

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kingkurteous

War of the Wire II

Post by kingkurteous »

War of the Wire II review

Just watched the final series of The Wire so I haven't been too concerned with this show. But, alas, it found it's way into the blu ray player.

Show opens with a weird video of BJ kneeling in front of a spool of barbed wire while the ring gets set up. Homicide cuts a promo and I'm convinced he is an illegal alien due to lack of English comprehension. I still fear him though.

Trik Davis vs Jimmy Jacobs....Jacobs picks up the win after a back senton. Wasn't a fan really, Jimmy belongs in the mid card by now. I wonder when the whole Lacey angle will progress cause it's getting a little old.

Cabana and Nigel are with Prazak. They are looking to finally end this feud tonight.

Jimmy Rave & Sal Rinauro vs Davey Richards & Jerelle Clark........No Prince Nana tonight.is like popping the heat balloon that is The Embassy. Rave wants nothing to do with Richards early on. Rinauro pisses Jimmy off and gets a slap in the face for his actions. That's not nice! Richards is really getting the rub here as he makes Jimmy tap out

Nigel McGuiness vs Colt Cabana.....Colt gets caught using a closed fist for a warning. Nigel acts like he tweaked his knee after a nip=ip. Referee Sinclair gets a supporting role in the early antics of both men. Running uppercut by the Pure champ in the corner/ The first real pinfall attempt gets Colt a 2 count after a lariat. Just as the match is getting into high gear, Nigel crawls out and says on mic he can't continue due to his knee. Colt isn't buying it and follows him out. The ref counts down and Nigel runs back in just in time to get another cheap countout win. Not much substance here.

Christopher Daniels vs Matt Sydal........This is the third match involving these two I believe. Daniels looked great in this delivering all his goods....STO, Arabian Press, and the Best Moonsault Ever. Sydal kicked out of all 3 and connected on plenty of high risk rana's and a beautiful top rope DDT. Koji Clutch locked in but Sydal turns it into a nearfall pin. Angels Wings is countered into a sit down piledriver for 3. Daniels gets upset at first but afterwords extends an invitation for a tag team partnership. This match is well wrestled and extremely entertaining!

Bryan Danielson vs Delirious vs Austin Aries vs Homicide.......With the amount of talent this was sure to be good, Of course teh World champ was targeted the most. Delirious with an insane 360 leg drop on the outside. Airplane spin by the champ on Delirious. Shadows Over hell almost pins Aries. Ace Crusher from Homicide takes Delirious out. Aries takes Cide out with the heat seeking missile. Back in the ring Delirious locks in the Cobra stretch but Danielson makes the ropes. Aries connects on Bryan with the 450 splash to get a future World title shot. Whole lot going on but it made for a good 4 way.

Jack Evans & Roderick Strong vs The Briscoe Brothers.......They fight from the moment the brothers come out. Jay looks pissed from the onset. Strong looks so much stronger in the compared to when he teams with Austin. A spike Jay Driller pins Roddy. The match serves its purpose by putting the brothers right back in line for another title shot but this match was just rushed and too clustered for my taste.

Samoa Joe cuts a promo backstage on Dragon. More BJ Whitmer hype videos. Jimmy Rave is angry at Rinauro and promises to make Davey Richards pay for embarrassing him.

Claudio Castagnoli & Nate Webb come out to the ring before the main event and talk s*** until Cabana and Ace Steel make their way out with trusty cowbell in hand. A fight breaks out and eventually the main event starts.

Necro Butcher vs BJ Whitmer.......The ropes are replaced with barbed wire and there are two boards wrapped in the wire in corners. A chairshot from Necro early on busts BJ up. Its a nice cut too. Whitmer is first to have his skin pierced by the barbed wire. Necro gets his tasts during the course of the match as well though. Wire cutters are brought in as a weapon. Butcher powerbombs BJ off the apron on the barbed wire table on the floor. Once he regains his strength (and gets his hair cut out the wire) BJ drops Necro on the chair with a a suplex. BJ empties a bag of tacks but they don't serve him well immediately and he gets dropped twice on them for 2 counts. An exploder from BJ can't pin Necro. He gets caught in a fireman's carry and a death valley driver thru the wire. BJ fights back and gets a 2 count after a big splash off a ladder onto the board. Exploder suplex pins Necro finally ending this brutal contest.

The show wasn't a classic by any means, it did further some title picture storylines though. Gonna only do 6.5/10. I will forget this show within a week unfortunately. Just my opinion though. Take care everyone!
"Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery"