Baltimore Main Event Announced

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Baltimore Main Event Announced

Post by TYFDK »

Tag Team Title Match: reDRagon vs. Jay Lethal and Michael Elgin

Guess that explains why they didn't book that match in Minnesota.

(Sorry for the constant threads, guys)
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Baltimore Main Event Announced

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Will reDRagon's mouths get them in trouble again??

On October 5th, we return to The Du Burns Arena in Baltimore, MD for another big live event and Nigel McGuinness has provided ROHWrestling.com with the details on the first official match!

Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, collectively known as reDRagon, are in the midst of their second reign as World Tag Team champions after defeating The American Wolves at “Manhattan Mayhem V”. That victory capped off what had been several weeks of “hot potato” for the tag team titles as reDRagon began the month of July as champions. Then we saw The Forever Hooligans claim them in Providence which was then followed up by Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards capturing them at “All Star Extravaganza V” before their aforementioned defeat in NYC.

And what started this series of events you ask?

Why it was the mouths of Fish & O'Reilly as they requested the Providence bout against Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov be changed from its scheduled Proving Ground stipulations into a World Tag Team Title defense!

Now it seems we are on the cusp of history repeating itself because, on October 5th, reDRagon will not only face off with “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal in a dream tag match but now, by champions request, the bout will be for the World Tag Team Titles!

“It shocked me when Bobby Fish & Kyle asked for this.” said Nigel McGuinness to ROHWrestling.com, “I only planned this as a bit of a dream match for the fans but the champions demanded the belts be put on the line. I don't know if it's the smartest decision reDRagon has ever made. Last time they opened their mouths The Hooligans left Rhode Island with the tag titles but who am I to deny the champions what they want?”

In the main event of the evening, it will be a dream tag match pitting reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) against Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal and, at the request of the champions, the World Tag Team Titles WILL be on the line! Will the ROH Faithful in Baltimore see a repeat of Providence?

Be there in Baltimore on Saturday night October 5th to find out for yourself!!!
Should be a solid main event. It's also a pretty fresh one to. I think this will be the first in-ring interaction Bobby Fish has had with Jay Lethal in ROH, and only the second time he's been in a match with Elgin, if I recall correctly.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

You can't tell in that video, but I like to think Bobby Fish had the infamous white trousers on.
Last Real Man Hype
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Really don't like the tag team of Elgin and Lethal. Elgin and Ciampa/Steen is a better fit.
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

It will a fresh awesome match, really looking foward to see Elgin & O´Reilly interactions.
astoph

Post by astoph »

DieHard wrote:Really don't like the tag team of Elgin and Lethal. Elgin and Ciampa/Steen is a better fit.
Why? The contrast in styles makes them more interesting than an ordinary powerhouse tag team.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Elgin and Lethal had great chemistry
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

astoph wrote:
DieHard wrote:Really don't like the tag team of Elgin and Lethal. Elgin and Ciampa/Steen is a better fit.
Why? The contrast in styles makes them more interesting than an ordinary powerhouse tag team.
Hated their match with The Wolves. I get what you are saying, but in my opinion Ciampa/Elgin or Elgin/Steen tag team would be much more entertaining.
MOOSE!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

The Unbreakable Psychopaths is infinitely more interesting than Elgin/Lethal. For one, Ciampa brings a boatload of personality to the team that neither Lethal or Elgin can. And it's hardly an ordinary powerhouse team (how many of those do we have right now in ROH anyway?), Ciampa's not huge, he's just a guy who's ripped and wrestles a completely different style to Elgin.

They should've jumped on this team after their match and had them face Marshall Law in their first tag.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

What personality does Ciampa bring?

Also I disagree I think Elgin and Ciampa are actually very similar in styles and the way they do their matches compared to Lethal
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Were those psychopath promos and his in-ring persona just imagined by me? To get personality out of Elgin, you have to wait until near the end of an important match for him to get into Elgin Mode. For Lethal, you have to spit on his mum or tell him to be Randy Savage.

Ciampa doesn't just drop the psychopath shit when he gets in the ring and wrestles like a normal guy, he's trying to rip off Silas Young's moustache, straight-up kill guys early on rather than let it be competitive and his facial expressions show him LOVING knee'ing the fuck out people's heads. He keeps the intensity going all the way, Elgin is cool as a cucumber until the finishing stretch.

Elgin lately is more of a showoff than a killer like Ciampa. Ciampa doesn't use his strength until he has to, until then he's just beating them up. But Elgin will do the delayed suplex to intimidate his opponent and get the crowd reaction, rather than to try and win, just because he likes to remind people he's freaky strong, not because a 60s suplex is more effective than a 10s one. Also, you get the sense he does his winning combo because at that point in the match he's fed up and let his opponent hurt him too much, so he wants to end the match now. Ciampa wants to finish it ASAP. The only recent exception that comes to mind is when they faced each other, since Ciampa wanted to end it early, Elgin had to adapt to that style and to me was more exciting for it.
Last Real Man Hype
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Ciampa is a fountain of in-ring character. I don't understand how this is even a debate.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.