Thank You, Whitmer!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

Thank You, Whitmer!

Post by GardenStateSaint »

How did somebody not make this thread already?

I appreciate all of Whitmer's contributions to ROH and you should too!
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: Thank You, Whitmer!

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Yeah, the dude's an ROH legend. So underated.
Hopefully he finds success and happiness in whatever he goes to next.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Way back in the day I quit watching wrestling, I hated the WWE, tried to get into TNA when it moved to Spike, couldn't do it. Then I stumbled on ROH on some website, I decided to try it out so I bought the best of Homicide DVD. The four corner survival involving Homicide, Maff, Cabana, and Whitmer from the First Death Before Dishonor is what got me back into wrestling.

People don't really think of him as one of the ROH greats, but he has been in tons of great matches, and 2 of the most important feuds in ROH history. I seriously doubt he will read this, but if he is thank you for the memories BJ, nothing but good luck brother.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Whitmer's match against Morishima at Respect is Earned is the first ROH match I ever saw.

Thank you, BJ. For everything you've done for the company. I hope we haven't seen the last of you here, even if it's in a non-wrestling capacity.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

While I think BJ's wrestling has always been underrated, his hardcore matches with Punk, Necro, and Jacobs are my favorites. The guy worked a hard hitting style, and paid the price for a lot bumps. Like Foley, Whitmer's high impact career cost him his longevity in the business. From a fan's perspective I'll always appreciate those holy shit moments and great matches. I just wish he toned it down a little for his sake. Good luck BJ, ROH's Mr. Hardcore.

Top 5 BJ Whitmer matches:

1. vs. Jimmy Jacobs SCOH II
2. w. Dan Maff vs. CM Punk and Ace Steele DBD II N2
3. vs. Necro Butcher WOTW II
4. vs. Homicide MES
5. vs. James Gibson NTR
Tim

Post by Tim »

Colt45 wrote:While I think BJ's wrestling has always been underrated, his hardcore matches with Punk, Necro, and Jacobs are my favorites. The guy worked a hard hitting style, and paid the price for a lot bumps. Like Foley, Whitmer's high impact career cost him his longevity in the business. From a fan's perspective I'll always appreciate those holy shit moments and great matches. I just wish he toned it down a little for his sake. Good luck BJ, ROH's Mr. Hardcore.

4. vs. Homicide MES
5. vs. James Gibson NTR
vs. Go Shiozaki-Anarchy in the UK
vs. Jimmy Jacobs-Dragon Gate Challange
vs. Super Dragon (don't remember the show)
BJ/Jacobs vs Strong/Evans-Manhattan Meyhem
BJ/Joe/Pearce vs Super Dragon/Hero/Necro-100th show
Cage of Death
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I'm just saddened he felt it was needed to destroy his neck the last few months, when he was putting on good matches without that. Now we've lost a really good hand in the mid/uppercard.
Last Real Man Hype
LigerSword

Post by LigerSword »

Really wish he could have retired under better circumstances. I wonder if ROH will offer him a backstage job or if he's done with wrestling altogether.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Agreed with everyone, he was a very underappreciated wrestler. Loved him with Maff, loved him tagging and feuding with Jimmy Jacobs. BJ played a huge part in the war with CZW! He definitely has a huge part of ROH success and history.

Thank you BJ!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Always really liked B.J. Super solid worker. Kinda wish he could still wrestle though. Would've been awesome to see a Jimmy and B.J. reunion and also either a feud or a tag team with Silas. But its of my hands.

Nothing but well wishes towards B.J.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I just found out he's retiring and I'm really sad to see him go.
Not only will ROH lose one of their better wrestlers on the roster, but an ROH legend, that has sacrificed his body for some of the most memorable moments and matches in the history of ROH.
Most will not agree with me, but to me he was the most entertaining wrestler in ROH back in 2006 not named Bryan Danielson - and yes thet includes people like Homicide.
I'm really saddened to never see him wrestle again, but a big heart-felt THANK YOU BJ for all your contributions over the last few years. His battles against Jacobs and against the CZW guys will be remembered for a long, long time.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
GardenStateSaint

Odds of a Whitmer shoot/compilation?
isles11

Post by isles11 »

How is he able to still walk? I mean there was the table spot at Final Battle, then the piledriver, and that was within 5,6 months apart. Plus all the countless other bumps he's taken.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I know he already had his farewell speech, but it would be nice if he came out and said a few words at the Cincinnati show and got to soak in the hometown cheers.
GardenStateSaint

BigTChamp wrote:I know he already had his farewell speech, but it would be nice if he came out and said a few words at the Cincinnati show and got to soak in the hometown cheers.
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Might as well have him on commentary too.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Colt45 wrote:While I think BJ's wrestling has always been underrated, his hardcore matches with Punk, Necro, and Jacobs are my favorites. The guy worked a hard hitting style, and paid the price for a lot bumps. Like Foley, Whitmer's high impact career cost him his longevity in the business. From a fan's perspective I'll always appreciate those holy shit moments and great matches. I just wish he toned it down a little for his sake. Good luck BJ, ROH's Mr. Hardcore.

4. vs. Homicide MES
5. vs. James Gibson NTR
#4 was an abysmal piece of shit.
Darius

Post by Darius »

Thank you, BJ!