Jimmy Jacobs' Trial Series

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dark patriot

Re: Jimmy Jacobs' Trial Series

Post by dark patriot »

ive no interest in Jacobs. its a waste of a roster spot IMO.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I think in the end Jacobs will get 3 out of 5 and earn that title shot in Dearborn. It would just make a lot of sense with everything coming full circle after the great match he had with Cole in January. The fact that the rolls would be switched (Cole is now heel and Jacobs is a face) makes it really interesting.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Silas and Steen go over
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

dark patriot wrote:ive no interest in Jacobs. its a waste of a roster spot IMO.
Word, he's taking Luke Hawx's spot!
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Jimmy has had some of the best matches in his career this year, not just in ROH. I doubt he is taking anybody else's spot since he already has a contract.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

dark patriot wrote:ive no interest in Jacobs. its a waste of a roster spot IMO.
I strongly disagree with that, Jacobs can be an invaluable asset to this promotion if he is used right: he is really good in the ring, his mic work is outstanding and he is over with the fans. Jacobs definitely needs to be on this roster, I just hope they give him some long grudge feud after his title match against Cole, that's the environment he thrives in and by God, ROH desperately needs a personal, long feud again.
Last edited by JigsawVs.Jason on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Obviously, we know the result of the first Trial Match from the TV Tapings...
Spoiler: show
Jimmy Jacobs def. Silas Young
Now we all know that Jacobs will get a World Title Shot if he wins 3 out of 5. Personally, I think he will. They wouldn't have announced this stipulation if he was not going to win at least 3 plus the timing of the title shot (in Dearborn, against probably Cole) is too perfect. Personally, I think Jacobs will lose his matches to Steen and Bennett, and will go 1-2. That'll add a little bit of build to his match with Adam Page at Glory By Honor XII, which he'll probably win. That leaves a match with Roderick Strong in Cincinnati that could have a good built as a must win for Jacobs (which again, I think he will).