Which shows were held in the Hammerstein Ballroom?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Recall

Which shows were held in the Hammerstein Ballroom?

Post by Recall »

Is their a list anywhere of which ROH shows were held in the Hammerstein Ballroom?

I know back in 2008/2009 it was a more special venue and hyped as a such but was it used far more frequently later on?
In your honour.
Hellfont93

Re: Which shows were held in the Hammerstein Ballroom?

Post by Hellfont93 »

From memory, I think these are the shows from the Hammerstein:

A New Level
Death Before Dishonor VI
Final Battle 2008
7th Anniversary Show
Manhatten Mayhem III
Best in the World 2011
Final Battle 2011
10th Anniversary Show: Young Wolves Rising
Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis
Final Battle 2012: Doomsday
Supercard of Honor VII
Manhattan Mayhem V
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Hellfont93 wrote:From memory, I think these are the shows from the Hammerstein:

A New Level
Death Before Dishonor VI
Final Battle 2008
7th Anniversary Show
Manhatten Mayhem III
Best in the World 2011
Final Battle 2011
Supercard of Honor VII
Manhattan Mayhem V
Except Death Before Dishonor 6, 7 year anniversary, and Best in the world 2012, I've attended everything else :)

Between Manhattan Mayhem and Best in the world 2011, they didn't run there do to financial problems right? I mean right after the sinclair purchase, they were back there. The show with Bryan and Nigel's last match should have been at Hammerstein. I hear they turned a lot of people away for that. I regret not buying a ticket when I had the chance.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:

A New Level
Death Before Dishonor VI
Final Battle 2008
7th Anniversary Show
Manhatten Mayhem III
Best in the World 2011
Final Battle 2011
Supercard of Honor VII
Manhattan Mayhem V
Except Death Before Dishonor 6, 7 year anniversary, and Best in the world 2012, I've attended everything else :)

Between Manhattan Mayhem and Best in the world 2011, they didn't run there do to financial problems right? I mean right after the sinclair purchase, they were back there. The show with Bryan and Nigel's last match should have been at Hammerstein. I hear they turned a lot of people away for that. I regret not buying a ticket when I had the chance.
I was wondering why they didn't run the Hammerstein between late 2009 and the whole of 2010. Yeah, Glory by Honor VIII with Nigel and Danielson's last match, should of been at Hammerstein. :/
Tree

Post by Tree »

Hellfont93 wrote:
ROHFanAnthony wrote:

A New Level
Death Before Dishonor VI
Final Battle 2008
7th Anniversary Show
Manhatten Mayhem III
Best in the World 2011
Final Battle 2011
Supercard of Honor VII
Manhattan Mayhem V

I was wondering why they didn't run the Hammerstein between late 2009 and the whole of 2010. Yeah, Glory by Honor VIII with Nigel and Danielson's last match, should of been at Hammerstein. :/
they ran NYC several times in that span, just not the big room. i'd speculate that some of this may have been to crowds being down a bit, but i can also speak with certainty that sometimes ROH moved into the smaller room at the request of Hammerstein, with financial incentive to do so, due to Hammerstein having the opportunity to book a bigger draw into the bigger room (such as DJ Tiësto).
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

^ I know they ran at Grand Ballroom a lot of times in that span, but Bryan Danielson vs Nigel McGuiness in each guy's last match should have happened in the bigger room. They would have sold it out for sure.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

Tiesto was headlining the Hammerstein Ballroom on the same night as the final Danielson/McGuinness show. He performed there 3 days in a row. I remember that well. It was joked about backstage. Tiesto is a much bigger act than Ring of Honor, so holding Glory by Honor in that room would have been impossible.
Tree

Post by Tree »

stay gold wrote:Tiesto was headlining the Hammerstein Ballroom on the same night as the final Danielson/McGuinness show. He performed there 3 days in a row. I remember that well. It was joked about backstage. Tiesto is a much bigger act than Ring of Honor, so holding Glory by Honor in that room would have been impossible.
iirc, ROH originally had booked the big room, but were given the financial incentive to move to the smaller room because Hammerstein knew it would make more money off a 3-night Tiesto run.
bouncingskeleton

Post by bouncingskeleton »

Who even is Tiesto? (at the risk of sounding ignorant)
"Way to check your sources, asshole"- Bobby Fish
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Last Real Man Hype