If the Wolves leave, who should they face last in ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

If the Wolves leave, who should they face last in ROH?

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

If the rumours of the Wolves possibly leaving ROH are true, then who would you like to see them face in their final ROH match?

Could either be as a tag team, or two singles matches.

Be interested to hear what everyone would like to see.
XHC

Re: If the Wolves leave, who should they face last in ROH?

Post by XHC »

It seems only natural that they should face a team with real history in ROH. Although...I'm straching my head at the moment to think of anyone really. Maybe reDragon but I'm not sure if Bobby Fish would be able to carry the emotion weight or meaning of the match. They could put together a makeshift team of "ROH legends" (for want of a better phrase) like Strong and Elgin or something like that but that team wouldn't have too much meaning.

When I think of ROH exits I think of two people. Charlie Haas, for all the wrong reasons and CM Punk, for all the right reasons. The fact that his last match was with Colt meant it was so special and emotional.

Maybe the Wolves last match is ROH should be Eddie vs. Davey? One last chance for the Wolves to tear the house down complete with emotional farewell afterwards

___xHc___
Canterbury, England Division
NUFC___xHc___ROH
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Briscoes...No,Can't.
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

Eddie vs. Davey would make the most sense, in my mind at least. They feuded for what seemed like an eternity (for better or worse) and it'd be nice if they had one last opportunity to put on a killer match. Heck, maybe Davey vs. Roddy vs. Eddie one last time! I know we're all clamoring for it :P

If not them versus each other then I'd like to see Davey vs. Elgin, one last time! And Edwards vs. either ACH or Cole.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

let them hand over the torch to the new guys:
Davey vs Ciampa
Eddie vs ACH
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
KL_

Post by KL_ »

There should be Davey vs Eddie.
But also a tag team match; maybe Wolves vs Elgin & Steen.
XHC

Post by XHC »

ICHIFUJI wrote:Briscoes...No,Can't.
I briefly thought this as well! Although Dem Boys could be back in time....quite possibly.

___xHc___
Canterbury, England Division
NUFC___xHc___ROH
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Ya, Davey vs. Eddie V seems the most logical and it would awesome to seem them put on another fantastic match.

But for a tag match, I'd say maybe have C&C beat them with Cedric getting the pinfall. That would give Ced momentum for whenever they push him singles after a C&C Tag Title reign.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Don't really want another singles match with them, but it's more appealing than yet another reDRagon match. The Briscoes obviously don't need the Wolves putting them over on the way out. C&C could likely be a waste. RUSH are probably third in line for the belts now that Outlaw Inc. have debuted. And for all we know so far, Outlaw Inc. might only exist in ROH for the duration of one storyline.

I think Cole would need to go over both on the way out. Not necessarily on their last shows, but even with this whole "we are focused on the tag division" thing, singles wins over the Wolves still mean a lot. Especially Davey, how many times has the guy been pinned since he dropped the title? And before that, he was undefeated for like 2 years. Cole needs to go over him and there's some intrigue there if they reference Cole's upset win at 10YA as being the kickstart to his rise.

And he can go over Eddie too, which isn't a win that means as much, but it's an interesting angle to help solidify the heel turn by having Cole be a dick to the guy who gave him a shot when Future Shock was collapsing.
Last Real Man Hype
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

wolves should put over adrenaline rush or c & c wrestle factory if they're leaving
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Wedge

Post by Wedge »

Probably would never happen, but I would like to see KENTA brought in to face Davey one last time and face Eddie as well.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Each other is the simple answer. Here's my scenario:

Start out the match as singles, Eddie vs Davey. After about ten minutes of wrestling each other, Roderick comes down the ramp to spoil their moment. He says that he's better than both of them, and deserves their spot on the card. They all face-off in the ring. Then Steen comes out and says that he's the best former ROH Champion out of all of them, and they aren't having a big party without him. Then Nigel announces the match is now American Wolves vs Strong and Steen. They proceed to have a tag match for another 10-15 minutes. Wolves win and have a nice moment in the ring.

I know that's probably overbooked, but it gives the best singles and tag action, revisits old feuds, and would be different and memorable.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

If they leave they should face each other for the fifth time. They had 4 matches vs each other and they're at 2 a piece. Also they better have a celebration after the match like Nigel and Bryan.
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

I'd like to see them put over another tag team and then as their last match face each other for the fifth time. Ultimately, I'd like to see them put over C&C, but putting over RUSH would probably have more meaning in the long run since ROH can't seem to pull the trigger on C&C. I really think C&C is ready to be a top team in ROH, so I really don't understand their inconsistent push or inability to have them secure big wins when they matter the most.

Another scenario I'd like to see is to have them incorporate the Wolves leaving into a story-line. reDRagon have had a solid run, but I still have a hard time seeing them as dominant champions. reDRagon could offer Wolves one last title shot, but if the Wolves lose they have to leave ROH. With the history between the two teams then I think this could really put reDRagon over the top and be a nice end to that feud. This is the only way I'd want to see these two teams face off again and even if most "smart" fans know the likely outcome I think it would still resonate from a story-line perspective.

That approach could rob us of Richards vs Edwards V, which I really want to see, but I still think this would be the best use of the Wolves' departure from a story-line perspective. Perhaps it could take place at a TV taping and we could still get a one on one match before they face reDRagon. A lot of options... I just hope they capitalize on the departure and don't just have them disappear.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Richards vs. Edwards would seem like a downgrade from Guerrero vs. Malenko and Danielson vs. McGuinness.

Wolves vs. London & Elgin

Now before you whine about London & Elgin being a thrown together team, think about this - the Wolves beat on London, who plays the Morton/Mysterio/Steamboat role, and Elgin is the powerhouse that comes in during the hot tag and gets the victory over Richards. Fantastic tag match, Wolves together one last time, we get London and Edwards locking horns, and we see Elgin in the final ROH match of the man that he had his breakout match with.

Elgin also has yet to have that career-defining victory on the indy scene. Every big match he's had in the past year and a half, he lost. Time to pull the trigger.
dudelove

Post by dudelove »

supersonic wrote:Richards vs. Edwards would seem like a downgrade from Guerrero vs. Malenko and Danielson vs. McGuinness.

Wolves vs. London & Elgin

Now before you whine about London & Elgin being a thrown together team, think about this - the Wolves beat on London, who plays the Morton/Mysterio/Steamboat role, and Elgin is the powerhouse that comes in during the hot tag and gets the victory over Richards. Fantastic tag match, Wolves together one last time, we get London and Edwards locking horns, and we see Elgin in the final ROH match of the man that he had his breakout match with.

Elgin also has yet to have that career-defining victory on the indy scene. Every big match he's had in the past year and a half, he lost. Time to pull the trigger.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the importance of Richards vs Edwards in the grand scheme of their ROH careers. I thought it was an interesting feud and one of the only things that kept my attention during that period of ROH.

I like the match you describe, I just don't think it's worthy of being the Wolves final match. As one of their last matches? Hell yeah! Plus, I just don't see Elgin beating Davey in that match as really "pulling the trigger." A one on one? Hell yeah again.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

If they can get Karl Anderson in for a double shot before the Wolves leave, I definitely think they should pull the trigger on Davey vs Anderson, taht match should have happened when Davey was the ROH champ, too bad Cornette thought it wasn't worth bringing in international superstars for the occasional dream match.

If not, I think the most satisfying option, considering their history, would be Edwards vs Richards V along the lines of Nigel vs Dragon. Davey vs Eddie was definitely the biggest rivalry since Danielson/McGuinness.

But please no tag match as their final match, there simply is no tag team they haven't faced yet on the current roster, and I doubt there is a team that would make a worthy challenger for their final match here. If they end up leaving for WWE, put them in singles for their last few matches.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

JigsawvsJason I agree 100 % with what you said about Cornette, Eddie vs Davey V, and the fact that the last match shouldn't be a tag.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I say Davey vs Eddie for the final match. But before they go I defiantly think they should do Davey vs. Elgin one more time.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I want them to be squashed by Outlaw Inc.

Just kidding. I'm with those that say Eddie v. Davey V. Those two (usually) provide good matches against each other, and this one should be no different, especially if it is indeed their last match.