If the Wolves leave, who should they face last in ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: If the Wolves leave, who should they face last in ROH?

Post by 187_Joeism »

They can put over young talent in the month prior but their final match should be Wolves vs Briscoes or Richards vs O´Reilly and Strong vs Edwards
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

They should lose to Future Shock.
Vince's Midget

Post by Vince's Midget »

Tenryu's Perm wrote:Eddie vs. Davey would make the most sense, in my mind at least. They feuded for what seemed like an eternity (for better or worse) and it'd be nice if they had one last opportunity to put on a killer match. Heck, maybe Davey vs. Roddy vs. Eddie one last time! I know we're all clamoring for it :P

If not them versus each other then I'd like to see Davey vs. Elgin, one last time! And Edwards vs. either ACH or Cole.
I'd prefer they go the singles route for their last matches. Eddie vs. Davey sounds good to me as well (45-60 min match would be awesome). Can't go wrong with Davey vs. Elgin either (their Showdown In The Sun bout was one of my favorites of all time). If Edwards didn't face Richards, I'd probably pick Roderick to go against Eddie (they've definitely had some classic battles as well).
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

for the last two big major shows (assuming that article about them leaving in january at the earliest) I'd book the following:

Glory by Honor XII

Davey vs Anderson
Eddie vs London

Final Battle 2013:
one last time:
Davey vs Eddie V
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Richards vs. Edwards for 45+ minutes? What wrong did the rest of us do to make you wish that upon us?

Keep them at 20-25 minutes, crisp and on-point, rather than going long for the sake of going long.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Colt45 wrote:They should lose to Future Shock.
[cornette]
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

supersonic wrote:Richards vs. Edwards for 45+ minutes? What wrong did the rest of us do to make you wish that upon us?

Keep them at 20-25 minutes, crisp and on-point, rather than going long for the sake of going long.
This. What's this place's obsession with thinking more time = more quality?
Last Real Man Hype
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Lone Wolf wrote:
Colt45 wrote:They should lose to Future Shock.
[cornette]
I'd be pretty interested in that if it wasn't Davey and O'Reilly yet again. It'd be hard to justify why the match takes place from a kayfabe standpoint, but the Cole/O'Reilly heel ex-partners that hate each other dynamic adds a new layer to it if they play it up well enough. It's a non-traditional way of putting over the next generation.

If the Wolves are leaving on a doubleshot weekend, I'd put this on the first night.
Last Real Man Hype
Vince's Midget

Post by Vince's Midget »

Marketh. wrote:Richards vs. Edwards for 45+ minutes? What wrong did the rest of us do to make you wish that upon us?
To each their own I guess. I certainly love a solid 10-20 minute match. It's nice every once in a while though to have an epic match that approaches 45-60 minutes long. A couple of Eddie and Davey's classic matches from 2011 were both around the 40 minute mark. Quantity indeed doesn't always equal quality (i.e. the recent good but not great PWG 60 minute iron man match with Cole/Calahan). Not everyone can deliver a memorable epic length match, however I believe wrestlers like Edwards, Richards, Elgin, Strong, etc are more than up to the task.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Glory By Honor: Eddie Edwards D. Roderick strong, KENTA D. Davey Richards
Cincinnati: The American Wolves D. The Briscoes
Dearborn: Adam Cole D. Eddie Edwards, Kyle O'Reilly D. Davey Richards
Columbus: C&C Wrestle Factory D. The American Wolves
Final Battle: Eddie Edwards D. Davey Richards
Sixteen_degrees

Post by Sixteen_degrees »

While Davey vs. Eddie or putting over a newer team makes more sense, I would like to see them face the Briscoes as it brings things full circle. That's because the first time Eddie & Davey teamed was against the Briscoes at a disastrous show in Wolverhampton that I believe was promoted by Trent Seven.
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

DirtyDave wrote:wolves should put over adrenaline rush or c & c wrestle factory if they're leaving
Fuck that noise. I'm tired of this whole "Oh they should put newer talent over on their way out" bullshit. They can do that before leaving. But when it's time to go, they need to face memorable opponents, opponents on their level, and opponents they have history with. That's why I think the best options are them vs. The Briscoes, them vs. eachother, or Richards vs. Strong and Edwards vs. Lethal who Edwards has yet to face in ROH. I know they don't have history but imagine Edwards last match being a first ever in ROH match against an ROH pioneer like Lethal who is just as good as Eddie himself. Also imagine the image of them looking eachother in the eye and shaking hands out of respect. And with Davey and Strong, I would have them cry and hug eachother after their match. But then again, a moment like that would have to be between the Wolves themselves, so I say them vs. eachother with Eddie going over.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I say Davey vs. Eddie V as the first option, but if not, i'd love to see maybe the Young Bucks return and face the Wolves in their last match, but idk how possible that could be.
bouncingskeleton

Post by bouncingskeleton »

AndyDiaz wrote:I say Davey vs. Eddie V as the first option, but if not, i'd love to see maybe the Young Bucks return and face the Wolves in their last match, but idk how possible that could be.
+1
"Way to check your sources, asshole"- Bobby Fish
typicalrohfan

Post by typicalrohfan »

Richards vs. Steen
Eddie "Eddie Edwards" Edwards vs. Strong
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Looking for a post I made ages ago.

Found this instead and felt it deserved a bump.
TYFDK wrote:I want them to be squashed by Outlaw Inc.
Spoiler: show

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Yeah ROH really missed the boat on a farewell match for the Wolves. All over a stupid interview Richards had months prior that didn't mean anything before but suddenly does now. Dunno how people can even enjoy ROH anymore.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BlackLesnar wrote:Looking for a post I made ages ago.

Found this instead and felt it deserved a bump.
TYFDK wrote:I want them to be squashed by Outlaw Inc.
Spoiler: show

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Weird!