Pittsburgh 1/25 Show (Tickets NOW)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KenSmellsGood

Pittsburgh 1/25 Show (Tickets NOW)

Post by KenSmellsGood »

Just an FYI, tickets are on sale NOW for ring side members. The website claimed they go on sale at 10:00 EST but I got mine at 8:30. This will be my first event sitting in the front row!

This show will actually be IN Pittsburgh rather than Belle Vernon which is about 25 to 30 minutes south of Pittsburgh.
fudge

Re: Pittsburgh 1/25 Show (Tickets NOW)

Post by fudge »

im happy they're coming back to the area, but this is going to have to be a day of decision on whether or not i go since id have to go with a friend who could navigate the big city

i just recently started driving and dont think id be too comfortable driving there at that point. i understand why they booked the show in the city, but personally id rather they come to the ice gardens again
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm sure it won't be that hard of a drive, fudge. A good navigation system should do the trick. I live in Columbus, and getting places is pretty easy here, so I'm ire Pittsburgh isn't much different.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I wouldnt be surprised if a bunch of WWE guys are backstage for this show considering the Rumble is in town the next day. Should be a really good show.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Tickets ordered!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Didn't realize the Royal Rumble would be on that same weekend in Pittsburgh! Great job then by ROH for not only moving the venue to Pittsburgh itself but taking advantage of this opportunity to potentially draw a bigger crowd.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I might actually make the trip to do it. Might get some buddies together for a lil road trip.

So I agree. It was smart on ROH's part to do something like this!
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

Holy SHIT! I didn't know about the Rumble.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

WWE hasn't announced the date yet, as far as I know, but Kevin Kelly and PWinsider have both reported it.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Shook1 wrote:WWE hasn't announced the date yet, as far as I know, but Kevin Kelly and PWinsider have both reported it.
They would look like morons if it wasn't true, but considering the arena is probably already booked and they haven't put the information out yet is the most probably scenario. Pgh's always been a good draw for WWE.

And purchased my ticket as well. Row 2 again. Hopefully I won't get a stander, ringpost, cameraman trifecta in front of me this time, though I'll know to move earlier if it comes to that.
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

Got my tickets too! Front row. Gonna try to get front row seats for the Rumble as well. Can't wait!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

fudge wrote:im happy they're coming back to the area, but this is going to have to be a day of decision on whether or not i go since id have to go with a friend who could navigate the big city

i just recently started driving and dont think id be too comfortable driving there at that point. i understand why they booked the show in the city, but personally id rather they come to the ice gardens again
If you come in via Parkway North, it's not an issue as it's basically right off it. As the crow flies it's about a hundred fifty yards away from the off ramp, if that. But as long as you have some kind of navigation system it won't really matter. Just follow it and it's even easier.

For out of towners, Pgh is difficult roadwise. Thanks to the hills and three rivers there is little rhyme or reason to the layout. Luckily DLL is at the edge, so it is easy to get to as major roads cut through Pgh so it's not hard to find.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

DBSommer wrote:
Shook1 wrote:WWE hasn't announced the date yet, as far as I know, but Kevin Kelly and PWinsider have both reported it.
They would look like morons if it wasn't true, but considering the arena is probably already booked and they haven't put the information out yet is the most probably scenario. Pgh's always been a good draw for WWE.

And purchased my ticket as well. Row 2 again. Hopefully I won't get a stander, ringpost, cameraman trifecta in front of me this time, though I'll know to move earlier if it comes to that.
Yeah, the arena has been booked for a while now. I wasn't implying that it won't be there, just that there hasn't been an official announcement yet. :D

When the time comes, if anyone seriously needs help navigating the city, PM me and I'll give you my number.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

I might have to double dip and make a weekend of it. Rumble, wow.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Hope Mark Madden isn't in attendance.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

bik100 wrote:Hope Mark Madden isn't in attendance.
He'll be at the strip club.
KenSmellsGood

Post by KenSmellsGood »

All of us who are going should purchase Cabbage Patch dolls to throw in the ring when QT Marshall enters.

I'm trying to think up a good ROHWorld shout-out sign. So far I'm thinking...

"If you tell my kids it's okay not to listen to #ROHCast, I'll fucking shoot you!"

"
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Mountaineer wrote:
bik100 wrote:Hope Mark Madden isn't in attendance.
He'll be at the strip club.
Probably not, he doesn't go half as much as he talks about them. Would his presence at a big building filled with people really be that bad for you guys?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Shook1 wrote: Probably not, he doesn't go half as much as he talks about them. Would his presence at a big building filled with people really be that bad for you guys?
No one would even notice him if he didn't speak. He's not visually remarkable (like you never see fat wrestling fans. :D )
Tenryu's Perm

Post by Tenryu's Perm »

Just got two front row tickets for this!! Already super stoked, haha! Also had no clue the Rumble was in town the next day, that's crazy! Should be a fun weekend of wrestling for anyone who can make it into town!

Also, sometime right after WCW died, I saw Mark Madden at a local IWC show and proceeded to boo the ever loving crap outta the guy (I've never liked him and think he's a total douche). Turns out he was there to give then champion Shirley Doe a birthday cake in a spot that was supposed to garner him, and Doe, a babyface pop. Mentioning this because if I see him there I will attempt to boo him outta the building again, haha.