Zack Sabre JR

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lone Wolf

Zack Sabre JR

Post by Lone Wolf »

Really big fan of the guy and his style would be a good fit for the company. Would you like to see him in a ROH ring?
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Re: Zack Sabre JR

Post by HBKDX97 »

Is he "Zack Sabre, Jr"? Or "Zack Sabre J-R"? As in "Good Ol JR" or "Rey Mysterio, Jr."?

Not heard much about the guy. What's his character like? Wrestling style? If he is a super intense "technical" wrestler than they should save their money because ROH has a roster FULL of those.
Don'tTalkJustWrestle

Post by Don'tTalkJustWrestle »

He is one of the best workers out of the UK at the moment (and there are many good ones at this present time. He has also been tearing it up lately in NOAH (his match with Ishimori over the jr. heavyweight belt is one to see), so I would love to see him wrestle a few matches in ROH. His counter-wrestling would work well with a number of the current roaster and something that is not seen in ROH and the moment.
Last edited by Don'tTalkJustWrestle on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
XHC

Post by XHC »

Zack Sabre Jnr. is a english wrestler hailing from the Isle of Sheppey which is an odd little place full of gangsters and loons just off the northern coast of East Kent (which for any American readers who care to know is in the south of England not very far from London).

I recently saw Zack Sabre Jnr. live at an event in Sittingbourne, Kent, for a company called RPW (Revolution Pro Wrestling). He wrestled in a two out of three falls match and it was the match of the night. He is pretty fucking brilliant. I don't know what his mic work is like as I have never heard him talk but his style is very ROH, kinda similar to Kyle or Davey. He uses an armbar as his finisher as well which is kinda cool because it can spring out of nowhere and create good drama. There are a few poeple in ROH who already wrestle like ZSJ but I think he could bring something to the table for sure.

Also FYI he is facing off against Davey Richards in London in October for RPW. Michael Elgin will also be on that card.

___xHc___
Canterbury, England Division
NUFC___xHc___ROH
Don'tTalkJustWrestle

Post by Don'tTalkJustWrestle »

XHC wrote: There are a few poeple in ROH who already wrestle like ZSJ but I think he could bring something to the table for sure.

card.
The more Strong-Style wrestlers the better in my opinion.
XHC

Post by XHC »

Don'tTalkJustWrestle wrote:
XHC wrote: There are a few poeple in ROH who already wrestle like ZSJ but I think he could bring something to the table for sure.

card.
The more Strong-Style wrestlers the better in my opinion.
I agree but they shouldn't completely pack the roster with them. I like the fact that ACH wrestles different to Richards who wrestles different ot Steen etc. etc. Variety is the spice of life and all that. But yeah strong style is still good.

___xHc___
Canterbury, England Division
NUFC___xHc___ROH
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

Different styles are good for the company but he is really something special and it would be a treat to see him in the ring. He had a great match with Ishimori who has a completely different style and they meshed well together.
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

Lone Wolf wrote:Different styles are good for the company but he is really something special and it would be a treat to see him in the ring. He had a great match with Ishimori who has a completely different style and they meshed well together.
If he is that good, why not let some of the guys who are the same as him (50% of the roster) and less talented go?

Different styles are GREAT for a company. Especially for a company that boasts "better in-ring quality", because I don't know about you guys but 2 hour shows with the same exact 7 matches grates on me sometimes.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

HBKDX97 wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:Different styles are good for the company but he is really something special and it would be a treat to see him in the ring. He had a great match with Ishimori who has a completely different style and they meshed well together.
If he is that good, why not let some of the guys who are the same as him (50% of the roster) and less talented go?

Different styles are GREAT for a company. Especially for a company that boasts "better in-ring quality", because I don't know about you guys but 2 hour shows with the same exact 7 matches grates on me sometimes.
What show was that, that had 7 matches that were exactly the same?
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

YimYac wrote:
HBKDX97 wrote:

Hyperbole, of course. But the ROH product has been slipping into this kind of mentality for a while now. The only one I can see that is any kind of different from the rest of the roster is Kevin Steen, and he is awful. Ripped off a t-shirt design from John Cena 2011 for crying out loud, and is generally a fat slob.

Standard Davey Richards match: no sells a Tombstone Piledriver from the top rope, kicks out of a shotgun blast to the face at 1, then loses to a superkick. Throwing in various kicks and nonsensical chain wrestling spots in the process.

I can see the same from this guy, from what you guys are talking about.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

How can you judge a wrestler if you have never seen him before and also it sounds if you don't enjoy the product much so while post here?
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

Lone Wolf wrote:How can you judge a wrestler if you have never seen him before and also it sounds if you don't enjoy the product much so while post here?
I am not judging his wrestling ability, just going off of what has been said here.

"I don't know much about his mic ability but he wrestles like Davey" [/paraphrase] is enough for me to know that I hope he goes elsewhere. Like I have said elsewhere, the biggest problem is their focus on that Davey Richards style of wrestling, which I personally can't stand.

Again, as you must've missed me saying earlier, I wanna talk about ROH, so this is an ROH forum, so that's why I post here. Seems logical enough.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

HBKDX97 wrote:
YimYac wrote:
HBKDX97 wrote: If he is that good, why not let some of the guys who are the same as him (50% of the roster) and less talented go?

Hyperbole, of course. But the ROH product has been slipping into this kind of mentality for a while now. The only one I can see that is any kind of different from the rest of the roster is Kevin Steen, and he is awful. Ripped off a t-shirt design from John Cena 2011 for crying out loud, and is generally a fat slob.

Standard Davey Richards match: no sells a Tombstone Piledriver from the top rope, kicks out of a shotgun blast to the face at 1, then loses to a superkick. Throwing in various kicks and nonsensical chain wrestling spots in the process.

I can see the same from this guy, from what you guys are talking about.
Sounds like you don't even like ROH.

Also seems likely that you should watch a wrestler before deciding if he sucks.

Just saying
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

YimYac wrote:
Sounds like you don't even like ROH.

Also seems likely that you should watch a wrestler before deciding if he sucks.

Just saying
Could you kindly point out where in this thread I have said "Zack Sabre Jim Ross sux lolcow"?

My point is that if he is that good, get rid of some of the people that wrestle exactly like he supposedly does, and not spend extra money on something you already have bucket loads of.

Yeesh.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Why would they need to get rid of someone if they're bringing him in for 1 show?
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

YimYac wrote:Why would they need to get rid of someone if they're bringing him in for 1 show?
If they keep it so indy wrestling style heavy then I guess it'll just be a show I won't buy. I just don't want more of what I dislike.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

HBKDX97 wrote:
YimYac wrote:Why would they need to get rid of someone if they're bringing him in for 1 show?
If they keep it so indy wrestling style heavy then I guess it'll just be a show I won't buy. I just don't want more of what I dislike.
Sounds like you already don't buy the shows they're putting out so I don't see any change. Unless you're buying a product which from the sounds of it you don't enjoy.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

I was not thinking of him being a permanent roster member just a few appearances here and there for the big events. No need to fire QT. :D
teen-wolf-too

Post by teen-wolf-too »

If he's been doing good in NOAH then he's worth a look. But in general British wrestling is just crap now. All the guys with any raw talent leave for the US, Japan or somewhere else. The ones that stick around for any length of time are hacks.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

teen-wolf-too wrote:If he's been doing good in NOAH then he's worth a look. But in general British wrestling is just crap now. All the guys with any raw talent leave for the US, Japan or somewhere else. The ones that stick around for any length of time are hacks.
I think it's mainly because there really isn't a WWE of British wrestling when you think about it.

Mexico has CMLL/AAA
Japan has NJPW
I can't think of a single big promotion in the UK. Seems like there are only really small split up indy promotions.