Roster changes, 10th anni and beyond

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHontariofan

Roster changes, 10th anni and beyond

Post by ROHontariofan »

Now I know we tend to discuss these things often, I am sorry if it pisses people off but i feel that with the 10th anni coming up this would be a good topic to talk about.

Now I am new to this board, but was on the old forums and it was always good to talk about the past present and future of ROH. Now first I thought I would go over some people I think ROH could take advantage of using.

Amazing Red - This might get some flack, but with him being on tv alot during both of his TNA/Impact runs, and his style would mesh well, even if its just from time to time and not fulltime.
vs. Elgin or Vs Bennet at the 10th anni might be good!

Keith Walker/Bobby Fish - I feel both are very capable ring wise. Never really heard either talk, and with the tag scene being good, but alot of the same match-ups this could freshen things up a bit. Maybe even Join HOT so the can have a mouth peice.

Rocky Romero - Anyone seen his recent NJPW stuff? It's great an I feel he would add alot to the roster. Hopefully could become a fulltimer

BJ Whtimer - Have heard some good things since his return, and he did do alot for the company in the best. I think if he does well with Lethal he'd be a great addition

There is plenty more, but with JAPAN dates, and DGUSA contracts it may prevent them so I felt this would be feasible
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: Roster changes, 10th anni and beyond

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I think ROH should bring Amazing Red to work the 10 Year Anniversary show. Wasn't he in the very first ROH match against Jay Briscoe?
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

There's a reason you haven't heard Bobby Fish talk. Romero would be a good addition although not sure how often he'd be available. We do need a high flyer and it might be worth giving Red a look although he's reportedly been a bit sloppy since leaving TNA. I'd prefer Sydal if he becomes available though. Whitmer has been great since he's been back and would fit nicely in the Steen Jacobs storyline. Walker and Bobby FIsh, though, are okay but don't really add anything to the roster that it doesn't already have in a better form.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

rohfanAnthony wrote:I think ROH should bring Amazing Red to work the 10 Year Anniversary show. Wasn't he in the very first ROH match against Jay Briscoe?
It was the second. The first was Da Hit Squad Vs The Christopher Street Connection. None of those 4 guys should be brought back but I wouldn't mind the CSC's manager with the lesbian gimmick.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Keith Walker? Really?
Admin note: User permanently banned.
cviens

Post by cviens »

JSWO wrote:Keith Walker? Really?
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Not hating or anything, but Amazing Red and Bobby Fish...they won't bring anything to ROH.
Romero is a yes, but it seems like he's occupied with Japan.
Whitmer, I'd like to see more of in ROH, just to see what he can bring to the table at this point of his career.

if ROH wants to rejuvenate their roster, they need to bring in the usual suspects in my opinion. in the last 10 years, it has been the new blood that has made an impact. guys like Low Ki, Danielson, Punk, Cabana, Joe, Aries, Strong, Davey, Tyler, etc...all had indie buzz going on, it made sense to bring them to ROH were they would explode to the next level.

there is a crop of guys that are the usual suspects on the indie scene right now...

Ricochet -has stepped up past few years.
Gargano -overall package, if his career is not over due to injury
Chuck Taylor -is seasoned enough at this point where he could be a great addition
Callahan -(yea i added him, you mad!)
Willie Mack -would bring different dynamic
etc
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

BalzOfHonor wrote:Not hating or anything, but Amazing Red and Bobby Fish...they won't bring anything to ROH.
Whitmer, I'd like to see more of in ROH, just to see what he can bring to the table at this point of his career.

if ROH wants to rejuvenate their roster, they need to bring in the usual suspects in my opinion. in the last 10 years, it has been the new blood that has made an impact. guys like Low Ki, Danielson, Punk, Cabana, Joe, Aries, Strong, Davey, Tyler, etc...all had indie buzz going on, it made sense to bring them to ROH were they would explode to the next level.

there is a crop of guys that are the usual suspects on the indie scene right now...

Chuck Taylor -is seasoned enough at this point where he could be a great addition
etc
They're all signed with Gabe except Mack.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
BalzOfHonor wrote:Not hating or anything, but Amazing Red and Bobby Fish...they won't bring anything to ROH.

etc
They're all signed with Gabe except Mack.
Big yes to Mack. The DGUSA guys not working regularly in Japan are probably not on long contracts or lots of money (judging by TJP's description of Gabe's hiring methods) so they'll probably be available if RoH wanted to use them.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

BalzOfHonor wrote: Ricochet -has stepped up past few years.
Hell Yes to Sami, I dunno why he slipped through our grasp the first time. Im also high on Gargano. I havent seen any of Mack's stuff tho but Ive heard alot of good things. Clearly tho, If were gonna get new talent weve gotta look toward PWG cause we wont be able to use any of the DG guys. Speaking of, whats Joey Ryans schedule w/ Ring Ka King like? Give him another run, this time as a solo.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

There were rumours that RoH were interested in Calihan around the time they were signing guys like Cole and O'Reilly but, for whatever reason, he didn't sign.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

steenisAgod wrote:There were rumours that RoH were interested in Calihan around the time they were signing guys like Cole and O'Reilly but, for whatever reason, he didn't sign.

They never had interest in using Sami for anything other than being a job guy. Ricochet is a different story.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

What is it?
bigstu

Post by bigstu »

steenisAgod wrote:What is it?
The rumor was that ROH was going to sign Ricochet to a deal when his one year DGUSA contract expired in October of 2010. They even teased it in a newswire that they were going to bring in one of the world's best high flyers. Ricochet re-signed with DGUSA and the high flyer was never mentioned again.
steenisAgod

Post by steenisAgod »

Should have just signed Fox.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

ROHontariofan wrote:Now I know we tend to discuss these things often, I am sorry if it pisses people off but i feel that with the 10th anni coming up this would be a good topic to talk about.

i appreciate these threads since not everyone sees all the same dudes who wrestle in other places.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

There are some really talented guys on the British scene at the moment. Seeing as it's very unlikely that they'll get a look in though, if ROH came over to England for another tour, there could be some awesome matches.

Zack Sabre Jr and Marty Scurll are both awesome. They are in a tag team called the Leaders but also wrestle as singles guys too. I've seen them wrestle the Young Bucks and Future Shock and also seen Scurll take on El Generico. All three matches wouldn't have looked out of place on an ROH show.

I think they're the only two who could walk straight onto the roster but there are others such as El Ligero and Noam Dar who could maybe do a job with a bit of tweaking.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Zack Sabre Jr and Marty Scurll are both awesome. They are in a tag team called the Leaders but also wrestle as singles guys too. I've seen them wrestle the Young Bucks and Future Shock and also seen Scurll take on El Generico. All three matches wouldn't have looked out of place on an ROH show.
I've heard nothing but high praise for both Sabre and Scurll. I've seen them both individually but never as a tag team. If Sinclair is serious about expanding the roster, these two guys would be near the top of the list.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

steenisAgod wrote:
rohfanAnthony wrote:I think ROH should bring Amazing Red to work the 10 Year Anniversary show. Wasn't he in the very first ROH match against Jay Briscoe?
It was the second. The first was Da Hit Squad Vs The Christopher Street Connection. None of those 4 guys should be brought back but I wouldn't mind the CSC's manager with the lesbian gimmick.
I believe Briscoe vs. Red is the first recgonized match.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Yeah, Jay v Red was the first ever official match.