Official Death Before Dishonor XI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KL_

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XI Thread

Post by KL_ »

Here's Adam Cole heel turn
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I'm pretty disappointed in Jay's booking here. I mean like, that's it? At least this opens an opportunity for a future heel Cole/Briscoe feud which could be awesome.
MOOSE!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Man, I loved this. The look in Adams eyes after he superkicks Jay was amazing, you could tell that he is a changed man.

Can't wait to watch this match!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah that video rules.
Leslie Vernon

Post by Leslie Vernon »

One thing that needs to be talked about is how amazing Cole/Ciampa was. That match was freaking amazing. I'm really looking forward to a rematch. The crowd was hot for the entire match.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

I guess Ciampa is getting married today, good for him! My stream came back as Jay was walking up to Cole with the belt, the rest was awesome. ROH has a really good guy holding the title right now, I hope they do well with him.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I asked ROH if Death Before Dishonor XI will be on VOD on rohwrestling.com.
Here's the answer:
"As of last night I believe the plan is to have the VOD ready at some point on Monday"
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Cole's heel turn has already failed. Fans are still applauding and cheering for him (IDIOTS!).
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

That's what happens when you telegraph a heel turn so much. People were expecting a) Elgin winning and Cole ruining his celebration or b) Cole using heel tactics to win or c) well, what he did.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Yes, because SO many heel turns have garnered passionate boos from the Ring of Honor audience.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Only a few people actually booed Punk the moment he turned.
Last Real Man Hype
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

That was freaking AWESOME!! People were clapping because i'd say 80% of the ROH audience are "Smart Marks" (Not a bad thing we are all marks in the end) and most Smarks love Heels in General. I mean whats not to love about the Panama City Playboy finally coming out in ROH?? I'm fuckin stoked about ROH now and i cannot wait to see what the next 5-6 months bring.
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

What wasn't there to cheer about? Cole outwrestled Elgin and beat him cleanly to become the new ROH World Champion and then gave Jay a sweet superkick to the back of the head. The whole ending was done flawlessly. It would be impossible not to cheer Adam Cole after all that. We'll see at the tapings if he can get some real heat. When it comes down to it, we're all marks; especially to the great men and women on the ROH roster. Despite GFL screwing up again, ROH's future looks bright with Adam Cole finally being the face of the company.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

The other reason I think Cole is the better choice is he's more likely to be picked up first by WWE and he deserves a title reign before he heads for greener pastures. Hopefully it'll get a chance to play out fully as well, and not end too soon a la Black.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

DanielBryanson wrote:Cole's heel turn has already failed. Fans are still applauding and cheering for him (IDIOTS!).
I think Cole will be able to get the ROH fans to boo him

He wrestles like a heel when he is a heel.
MattMinus

Post by MattMinus »

DanielBryanson wrote:Cole's heel turn has already failed. Fans are still applauding and cheering for him (IDIOTS!).
Why do so many RoH fans hate it when the live audience is having a good time?

The fans are not (IDIOTS!) for applauding something that they enjoy. They are under no obligation to align their reactions with the booker's desires. Hell, I'd say that in indy wrestling, "face" and "heel" are almost meaningless concepts, people are going to cheer for workrate over character every time.

In fact, the biggest RoH heel I can think of in recent memory is QT Marshall who get his heel heat precisely by being a shit worker.

As for the crowd size, I wonder if they would do better if they weren't running shows in the same area on the same weekend as DGUSA/Evolve. I have to imagine that the two feds share a lot of the same fans, and most probably don't have the appetite for 2 or 3 live shows in a weekend. I know that RoH would have sold at least an additional 6 tickets if my group didn't already have a much closer show in Brooklyn this weekend.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

DieHard wrote:I'm pretty disappointed in Jay's booking here. I mean like, that's it? At least this opens an opportunity for a future heel Cole/Briscoe feud which could be awesome.
This for sure. I was really hoping for Jay to go nuts and beat the crap out of Cole and Elgin, maybe even ruin the finish of the finals. That said, the Cole heel turn should be good overall and I'm excited to see where we go from here. If I'm not mistaken, this makes Cole the second person to hold the PWG and ROH titles simultaneously (Steen being the other).

Three way with Briscoe/Cole/Elgin at FB with a long buildup would be cool.

I wasn't super on-board with the hype for Elgin as world champ heading into this show, but he definitely won me over. Really liked everything he did, especially the selling of the neck in the finals.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Just tried to order the VOD of DBD XI but it says "Ordering temporarily unavailable" I will try tomorrow
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I didn't need Jay to go nuts, but I needed some kind of big incident after the match.

Someone suggested Jay hands the belt over to whoever wins, says he wants a title shot and then they shake hands, because why does there have to be drama? Which I thought was the dumbest, most fucking boring, anti-climatic idea ever.
Last Real Man Hype
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

There was a big incident after the match