Official Death Before Dishonor XI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GenericIndyMark

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XI Thread

Post by GenericIndyMark »

As always, ROH failed with the technical aspects of iPPV which is obvious at this point. Love the conclusion of the tournament and most of all the conclusion of Adam Cole's germination as both a heel and a top guy in ROH. I'm pumped to see his run and watch how he progresses.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

GenericIndyMark wrote:As always, GFL failed with the technical aspects of iPPV which is obvious at this point. Love the conclusion of the tournament and most of all the conclusion of Adam Cole's germination as both a heel and a top guy in ROH. I'm pumped to see his run and watch how he progresses.
Fixed that for ya.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

GenericIndyMark

Post by GenericIndyMark »

TYFDK wrote:
GenericIndyMark wrote:As always, GFL failed with the technical aspects of iPPV which is obvious at this point. Love the conclusion of the tournament and most of all the conclusion of Adam Cole's germination as both a heel and a top guy in ROH. I'm pumped to see his run and watch how he progresses.
Fixed that for ya.
In the end, it is ROH's problem since they've had all the opportunities in the world to fix this problem they have had since the beginning for the most part. GFL isn't responsible for ROH not going elsewhere when they've known how GFL does things.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH doesn't NEED to solve anything. Live iPPV's aren't something they need. Of course, it's something that would be great to have, but as of right now it was a failed experiment. Streams for every major wrestling company that have tried it have screwed up this year. Live pay per views haven't been perfected yet, so blaming ROH for this, instead of GFL, who promised ROH a flawless stream, isn't really the right way to go.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Did GFL actually promise a flawless stream?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

bik100 wrote:Did GFL actually promise a flawless stream?
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/mn2kc1
Go Fight Live (GFL) has approached ROH to demonstrate its new and upgraded technology which promises to present a flawless stream for the viewing pleasure of ROH fans.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

TYFDK wrote:ROH doesn't NEED to solve anything. Live iPPV's aren't something they need. Of course, it's something that would be great to have, but as of right now it was a failed experiment. Streams for every major wrestling company that have tried it have screwed up this year. Live pay per views haven't been perfected yet, so blaming ROH for this, instead of GFL, who promised ROH a flawless stream, isn't really the right way to go.
Almost no fans will make that distinction between GFL and ROH's culpability. This is just one more embarassing moment that will contribute to the widely held view that this once-great company is now a laughingstock.

Even when the stream was working, what a sad, quiet, dead little crowd.

Not sure ROH has ever felt this cold and flat.
JSP

Post by JSP »

The volume of the crowd had more to do with that then their individual noise.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Didn't get to see the free live stream (had other plans plus announcing it at the last minute didn't help) but looks like I at least avoided the stream issues.

From what I've heard, it sounds like this was a really good show, wrestling wise. Can't wait to see it when it's out on VOD.

I personally wanted Elgin to win but I think Cole winning works just as well, mainly because Cole, in the end, finally made the full heel turn, and in-turn it solidifies him as the top heel in ROH. Plus ROH has a ton of faces on the roster and having a heel champion works out in that we now have of ton of potential challengers to Cole.

As far as the free-iPPV thing goes, in the end I think Go Fight Live would take more of the blame (not saying ROH isn't at fault in some way). They did promise a flawless stream & did not deliver. However, I had no problem with them trying this out though. It was last minute, and it was free. If it didn't work (which it didn't) their really is no harm done since, again, this was announced merely hours before the show, and it had been promoted for months as a VOD event.

I think this really hasn't been mentioned much when it comes to ROH iPPV's but part of the problem isn't just ROH or their iPPV provider, but the buildings they run. It's important to check and see if the venues have the ability to do iPPV's, because some of them just can't handle iPPV's. If ROH ever does return to iPPV, I think a smart idea would be to only have the iPPV shows in NYC, because the Hammerstein Ballroom (and I guess the Grand Ballroom as well) is the only venue that hasn't had some massive iPPV failure (The Briscoe/Steen match was the only major iPPV issue that building has had and even then it was minor compared to other issues).

In the end, I think this finally confirms that ROH just can't do iPPV's right. Of course it's disappointing, but in the meantime, they need to focus on what's working. Focus on the VOD's, focus on having Kick-Ass Shows, focus on heel Adam Cole, and so on.

Finally, Thank You BJ Whitmer. You gave us so many great memories over the years. Wish you well!
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

The stream is what it is at this point. Blame GFL or ROH, iPPV's are rough for everyone at this point. As mentioned above, the crowd looked small and sounded dead. Maybe I wasn't picking up much crowd noise due to my stream volume being weird, but when I could hear them it wasn't for very long. If this is any indication, I am almost afraid to see the TV crowd.

I know there have been problems in the past and I have been critical of those problems myself. But this was a free stream and the amount of crying on social media was pathetic. There was no obligation to purchase anything and really nothing to lose. I saw someone say they hoped ROH would finally go under and just stop, in my opinion, that is just crazy. So what the stream was rough, it was FREE, no big loss.

Happy for Cole. My stream came back in time to see the last minute or so and I loved it! I saw most of BJ's speech and was really feeling it. I will always look back on BJ as a guy who for the most part, always entertained me. That is pretty much all I can ask for from a wrestler.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

What happend to the stream? how was the second half?
MOOSE!
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

DieHard wrote:What happend to the stream? how was the second half?
A whole lot of stream issues. From what was shown though, it was pretty great. I'll be happy when ROH releases the replay and we can watch it in its entirety without worrying about buffering issues even if we have to pay for it at a (small) price.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DieHard wrote:What happend to the stream? how was the second half?
God awful. Every match and segment was plagued with insane lags and glitches.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Their is going to be a special 24-Hour Pre-Order of the show available on rohwrestling.com. The offer expires at 8 AM Sunday Morning (Pre-Order is $14.99). EDIT: This pre-order is not for the VOD, it's only for the DVD.

ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Their is going to be a special 24-Hour Pre-Order of the show available on rohwrestling.com. The offer expires at 8 AM Sunday Morning (Pre-Order is $14.99). EDIT: This pre-order is not for the VOD, it's only for the DVD.

Is that supposed to be a good deal? I don't buy the physical DVD's but isn't $14.99 about the usual cost for the DVD's?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

$14.95 is about 25% less than what the DVD's cost, so it's a pretty good deal actually.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

***Please note this is a preorder. This item will ship as soon as it becomes available. Estimated release date is mid-October.***

Link to order
http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/dea ... -92013-dvd

1. Jay Briscoe returns to Ring of Honor with the World Title belt
2. Jay Lethal vs. SIlas Young
3. ROH World Title Tournament Semi-Finals: Adam Cole vs. Tommaso Ciampa
4. ROH World Title Tournament Semi-Finals: Kevin Steen vs. Michael Elgin
5, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)
6. One-On-One: Roderick Strong vs. Ricky Marvin
7. Special interview with BJ Whitmer
8. 8 Man Tag Team Match: World Tag Team Champions reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly), World TV Champion Matt Taven with The House of Truth, and Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander and Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & Tadarius Thomas)
9. ROH World Title Tournament Finals: Cole/Ciampa Winner vs. Steen/Elgin Winner
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Could Cole be holding that belt in a worse position :lol:

New World Champion celebrates victory with nude title belt party!
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Hey Guys!

So I was there live last night so here is my little review of some of my favorite moments.

Before the show started there was a Free autograph signing in the lobby. Steve Corino came out and started doing his whole "Say no to ROH" thing and an OLD woman came over to yell at him and Steve goes, "Shut your face young man!" Corino then asks her how WWII was. It was gold.

Cole and Ciampa and Cole and Elgin were both amazing matches. Steen vs Elgin was a good big man match. Strong vs Marvin was good and Ricky Marvin did some cool stuff but the crowd didn't really know who he was. Wolves vs Hooligans was good but nothing new from them. EVerything else was good on the show. I think it is a definite must buy.

I would say the crowd was about 600.

All four rows around ringside were sold out so thats 320 right there. There were a good amount of people in the 5th rows, maybe like 50 in total. And then it looked to be around 200 people in GA on the bleachers. So that brings us to about 570 but there were people scattered about standing up. Again this is just an estimate I'm not a mathologist.

Really great night of wrestling, drove down from NYC to see it. I really wish the crowd was bigger though. If that crowd had 100-150 more people then that place would have been rocking. Great venue though and overall a great show.