Official Death Before Dishonor XI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XI Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

Eddie Kingston ‏@ChikaraKingston

How sad is it that a champion must give up his title without even losing it. @ringofhonor. When will the fans and the lollipops in the locker room of @ringofhonor unmask there true enemy. We are here to help you all will rise with #OutLawInc help. Trust us my buddy Nigel, we will start with what your corporation is proud of and that Is your tag division because lets be honest no tag team is real enough to mess with the #OutlawInc. I could be wrong but please fans of @ringofhonor tell me what tag team would you be scared of if you saw them in the street but what team Would Sinclair like? Hahaha
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I recently saw that the other 3 men left in the ROH World Title Tournament, Elgin, Cole and Ciampa, had all written cute little blogs to tell everyone how much the ROH title means to them and convince the world that they will be walking out with the championship when it all comes to an end.

Considering my past affinity for writing blogs for this very website, you would think that I have one of my own already written, ready to be put online.

Turns out I don't...

Why?

Because as much as I enjoy writing these, I only enjoy writing them when there's something to actually write about but I don't need to tell anybody how much the ROH World title means to me.

And I sure as hell don't need to convince people that I'll be the one walking out ROH World champion...

Why?

Because I'm Kevin Steen.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

^ Best blog.
MOOSE!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

"I Stand Before You Myself a Victim" by Veda Scott
Honesty is my greatest virtue. Veda Scott simply cannot tell a lie. But my unfailing integrity means I have no choice but to be a champion for justice. If I see unfairness, I have to speak up. It's true, this compulsion for truth can be a bit of a burden, but I choose to see it as a gift. My own superpower. It's why I went to law school in the first place. Maybe someday I'll step in and change your life.*

But today I stand before you myself a victim.

I am a victim of Nigel McGuiness and Ring of Honor. I have been oppressed and, quite frankly, abused by these entities. And I am not alone. Look at Steve Corino, who continues to fight for his completely legitimate right to employment despite ROH's unfair and ILLEGAL attempts at termination. Where is our human resources department? Or have they been bullied by Nigel McGuiness too?

While I was forced to take a month off from Ring of Honor to recover from my match with MsChif, I was apparently (and unjustly) dismissed from my position backstage interviewer. ROH replaced me with Larry Mercer, a fact I only discovered well after the deed was done. Some people - not I, necessarily - might even say Nigel placed me an an unsafe working environment...allowing me to be injured so he could wrench the microphone from my hand and keep me from questioning his leadership. Like Steve Corino, I have to ask: what did I do wrong? As a journalist and champion of truth, it's my responsibility to expose injustice.

Most obviously, the abuses suffered by Barrister RD Evans stand as evidence of everything that's wrong with Dictator McGuiness and Ring of [alleged] Honor. When I look at RD Evans, I see not just a brilliant in ring technician...but an articulate, compassionate, intelligent total package of an athlete who could potentially be the face of Ring of Honor. Just picture Veda Scott and RD Evans visiting children in the hospital, their faces alight and their cells regenerating in the presence of their favorite ROH stars. But instead, Ring of Honor has established a consistent pattern of injury and abuse - and neglect. RD Evans might never recover full use and enjoyment of his pointer and middle fingers after the attack by Outlaw Inc. in New York City. We've already written off the pinky. And it's all because ROH allowed it to happen. RD Evans deserves justice (and whatever financial compensation might be incidental to that), and I promise he'll get it.

It's incredibly poetic that Death Before Dishonor takes place in the birthplace of revolution: Philadelphia, PA. There's more than one sort of American hero, after all - and we stand strong in the face of tyranny. RD Evans and I WILL be in Philadelphia on Friday. I've been working my blessedly unbroken fingers to the bone trying to keep up with the workload in the Barrister's office (and the managerial demands of an elite tag team like Marshall Law) while he rehabilitates. His bravery in the face of crippling pain has inspired me. And it's also inspired a plan to make a very pointed impact on Death Before Dishonor weekend.
Add Veda and the Barrister to the list of people showing up at DBD. That list includes:

- BJ Whitmer
- Jimmy Jacobs
- Outlaw, Inc. (Homicide and Eddie Kingston)
- MAYBE Steve Corino
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

187_Joeism wrote:Eddie Kingston ‏@ChikaraKingston

How sad is it that a champion must give up his title without even losing it. @ringofhonor. When will the fans and the lollipops in the locker room of @ringofhonor unmask there true enemy. We are here to help you all will rise with #OutLawInc help. Trust us my buddy Nigel, we will start with what your corporation is proud of and that Is your tag division because lets be honest no tag team is real enough to mess with the #OutlawInc. I could be wrong but please fans of @ringofhonor tell me what tag team would you be scared of if you saw them in the street but what team Would Sinclair like? Hahaha
Crazy Jay sounds like a great addition to OutlawInc
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

donkitrk99 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Eddie Kingston ‏@ChikaraKingston

Crazy Jay sounds like a great addition to OutlawInc
please not another stable, there is absolutely no need for it. Let's keep them a regular tag team and pair Jay up with Mark and have a good old grudge feud Briscoes vs Outlaw Inc.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Do we have a poll as to who we each think will win?
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

isles11 wrote:Do we have a poll as to who we each think will win?
https://apps.facebook.com/my-polls/yzvrl
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Do we have a poll as to when we each think this show will be available via VOD?
ROHIsWrestling

Post by ROHIsWrestling »

I really hate that we have to wait for the ippv. If it was live, I'd probably risk it and buy it. After the internet spoils everything (including ROH's own FaceBook!), I'm going to be less inclined to purchase the event. Quite sad really.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Burnside wrote:Do we have a poll as to when we each think this show will be available via VOD?
That should've been a bonus Pick 'Ems question!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Should be available tomorrow
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

cgstong wrote:Should be available tomorrow
I highly doubt it.
fudge

Post by fudge »

hooooly shit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ring of Honor Wrestling "DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XI" FREE on iPPV Tonight

Ring of Honor is pleased to announce that “Death Before Dishonor XI” will be streamed for FREE in real time this Friday evening, September 20th at 8:00 pm. In the tradition of the event, this too will go down in the history books! Tonight we will crown a brand new Ring of Honor World Champion as Kevin Steen takes on Michael Elgin and Adam Cole battles Tommaso Ciampa in a pair of semi-final match-ups! Later in the night, the winner of those two bouts will then collide with the winner being crowned new ROH World Champion! This event will only be broadcast live and will not be posted for playback.

Go Fight Live (GFL) has approached ROH to demonstrate its new and upgraded technology which promises to present a flawless stream for the viewing pleasure of ROH fans.

To watch “Death Before Dishonor XI” just go to GFL.com for information and log in instructions.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to presenting one of this year’s premier Ring of Honor events absolutely FREE Tonight!!
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Awww nuts.

New ppv provider. It's free. Even with an early start tomorrow I'm in...

Thanks GFL! Lets see what you can do. For free? What have we got to lose??
fudge

Post by fudge »

not really a "new" ppv provider, it's who they started out with and of course had its fair share of problems. but again, some GFL shows did work pretty flawlessly
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fudge wrote:hooooly shit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ring of Honor Wrestling "DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR XI" FREE on iPPV Tonight

Ring of Honor is pleased to announce that “Death Before Dishonor XI” will be streamed for FREE in real time this Friday evening, September 20th at 8:00 pm. In the tradition of the event, this too will go down in the history books! Tonight we will crown a brand new Ring of Honor World Champion as Kevin Steen takes on Michael Elgin and Adam Cole battles Tommaso Ciampa in a pair of semi-final match-ups! Later in the night, the winner of those two bouts will then collide with the winner being crowned new ROH World Champion! This event will only be broadcast live and will not be posted for playback.

Go Fight Live (GFL) has approached ROH to demonstrate its new and upgraded technology which promises to present a flawless stream for the viewing pleasure of ROH fans.

To watch “Death Before Dishonor XI” just go to GFL.com for information and log in instructions.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to presenting one of this year’s premier Ring of Honor events absolutely FREE Tonight!!
Sounds great but sucks they told us on such short notice.

So I guess that GFL will show this free, live-only feed while the show will still be available later on rohwrestling.com like usual?
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

fudge wrote:not really a "new" ppv provider, it's who they started out with and of course had its fair share of problems. but again, some GFL shows did work pretty flawlessly
True, perhaps I should have said 'back to the old provder'. But fingers crossed they do a better job than ROH in house! Looking forward to this!
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

It's free, so I might as well take the risk. But I remember the frustration of staying up until like 4am with off-and-on streams, so once it starts failing I'll just go to sleep and get the VOD.
Last Real Man Hype
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

This is awesome!!!!

I mean, like what Xcal said, "We've got nothing to lose"

This is a really nice suprise, hopefully this can be a recurring thing like how it used to. Lets just hope the tech works :D