WWE guys to bring in

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Orange

Re: WWE guys to bring in

Post by Mr. Orange »

Was John Morrison/Hennigan good in his DGUSA match?

I loved him in the WWE and think he would be a great roster member.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Mr. Orange wrote:Was John Morrison/Hennigan good in his DGUSA match?

I haven't seen the stuff he did with DGUSA, but I've seen some of his 2CW matches which I thought were pretty good.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Mr. Orange wrote:Was John Morrison/Hennigan good in his DGUSA match?

I haven't seen the stuff he did with DGUSA, but I've seen some of his 2CW matches which I thought were pretty good.
Yes, he had really good matches with Steen and Sami.
MOOSE!
XHC

Post by XHC »

JSP wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
XHC wrote:Tyson Kidd
Justin Gabriel (possibly with Tyson Kidd as a tag team to heat up the already hot tag division)
William Regal
Sin Cara

Paul Heyman
Renee Young(!)
I agree with those that have said Regal,he would be a good fit for the company and have matches every now and again like Finley.Regal can still go as his match with Ohno was fantastic.

Cara is just terrible,botches,does not tell a story in the ring and is just a spot monkey.

Seen a few Jericho mentions and tbh his performances have been lackluster, his matches with Punk have been very disappointing.
Cara's no more a spot-monkey than guys like C&C. He just needs someone who can keep up with him. When he has someone who can somewhat trail his style, he's proven to be massively exciting. But stick one of the best luchadores ever in there with scrubs like Heath Slater--who's manufactured in WWE's in-ring vision--you'll have a lot of miscommunication between the two. It isn't too convenient, but the guy bypassed developmental after being an exciting high-flyer in Mexico, a country that has a totally different style than WWE. If you're going to make such a vast jump, you have to adjust accordingly. And unfortunately, due to a variety of circumstances, it didn't quite pan out the way it should have. Put Cara in there with a guy like ACH, or Samuray Del Sol (upcoming in WWE), you'll get something pretty great.
Totally agree with you man. Sin Cara is really underrated IMO. They should have bought in guys who really knew the lucha style to get him over. His recent(ish) matches with Cesaro are really worth watching.

___xHc___
Canterbury, England Division
NUFC___xHc___ROH
Dwide Schrude

Post by Dwide Schrude »

D2Kvirus wrote:
Lazyking wrote:
supersonic wrote:Tyson Kidd
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu
Curtis Axel
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Primo
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Drew McIntyre
What's funny is most of these guys have zero mic skills lol. Good fit for ROH
For me the funniest things is how everyone seems to have forgotten Matt Sydal existed...
Plenty of people have mentioned several guys who have already been in ROH so I don't think including Evan Bourne on the list implies they forgot he was here before.
Dwide Schrude

Post by Dwide Schrude »

Yugiohnoonoo wrote:
JSP wrote:Lol at more people ignoring the fact that John Cena is a fantastic worker.
Explain how 5 Moves Of Doom makes him a "fantastic" worker

On a side note don't get me started on his rap cd he did years ago, i got it when i was a fan of him but now i friggin' regret it
Wrestling is more than just about the number of moves you use. Usually those that don't understand this are relatively new wrestling fans.
Dwide Schrude

Post by Dwide Schrude »

American Wolf wrote:Any suggestions for guys who have left the WWE, like when ROH brought it Daivari?

Matt Striker? Hardcore Holly? Ken Doane? Carlito? Rob Conway? Nunzio? Nova? Goldust? Maven?

I'd really like to see a random worker come in and surprise everyone like Gibson. I think Caylen Croft could be that guy.
Gibson wasn't a random worker. He was an indy ace before WCW picked him up.
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

Dwide Schrude wrote:
Yugiohnoonoo wrote:
JSP wrote:Lol at more people ignoring the fact that John Cena is a fantastic worker.
Explain how 5 Moves Of Doom makes him a "fantastic" worker

On a side note don't get me started on his rap cd he did years ago, i got it when i was a fan of him but now i friggin' regret it
Wrestling is more than just about the number of moves you use. Usually those that don't understand this are relatively new wrestling fans.
Cena gets this massive hatedom from a portion of the IWC but really, let's be real, he is a good and competent worker. It takes two to tango right? He's had plenty of quality matches over the years. The problem for him is really, he has been the top guy in WWE for so long now, longer than Hogan even, he is overexposed and anyone is boring after a sufficient amount of time. His match with Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson at SummerSlam was fantastic. His matches with Punk have been excellent.

The "Five Moves of Doom" is something Hogan, Rock, Austin, HHH, Undertaker, HBK have have. In the WWE style you have a set of moves you do. The casual fan sees these and knows these. It isn't marketed to the same fans that would post here, him suddenly using Tiger Suplexes, Emerald Frosions, Exploders and such wouldn't mean anything to their larger audience. Keeps it simple. It is impressive in one sense how one can operate with a minimal moveset and still have quality matches.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

If Cena wasn't pushed to the moon at every opportunity he might be tolerable to me, but until that happens i will continue to jeer him all the time
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

All this talk about Cena made me realize something. I basically stopped watching WWE more than a decade ago (actually I did watch some undercard show for a while years ago. Velocity, maybe?). Every now and then I'd give WWE a chance, but it would either be so much talk I'd turn it off, or the match would be bland and then I'd get hit with another 15 minute talking segment and kill it.

Basically, the only match I've actually seen Cena in from start to finish was when he was in UPW as the Prototype and he fought CW Anderson. I still have it on an ancient UPW DVD I picked it up at Media Play, so that should tell you its age. I had no idea he'd been their top guy that long.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Yugiohnoonoo wrote:If Cena wasn't pushed to the moon at every opportunity he might be tolerable to me, but until that happens i will continue to jeer him all the time
So now you change your argument to something totally different because someone totally rebuked your 5 Moves of Doom BS? Cena is the top guy in WWE bar none. They do what's good for business, and he does business for them. And it just so happens he's one of the most underrated wrestlers in the past ten years. You can call his matches with Punk carryjobs, but it takes two to tango and believe me, Cena holds up his end in every match. He just wrestled a 30 minute PPV main event with Bryan with a TORN TRICEP and still turned out an excellent match and apparently insisted on putting Bryan over before he rehabbed the injury. Good guy and great worker. I don't know why people continue to dog on his in-ring stuff. Character? Sure. His character sucks shit through-and-through, but calling him a bad wrestler is blind hate at its worst.
JSP

Post by JSP »

DBSommer wrote:All this talk about Cena made me realize something. I basically stopped watching WWE more than a decade ago (actually I did watch some undercard show for a while years ago. Velocity, maybe?). Every now and then I'd give WWE a chance, but it would either be so much talk I'd turn it off, or the match would be bland and then I'd get hit with another 15 minute talking segment and kill it.

Basically, the only match I've actually seen Cena in from start to finish was when he was in UPW as the Prototype and he fought CW Anderson. I still have it on an ancient UPW DVD I picked it up at Media Play, so that should tell you its age. I had no idea he'd been their top guy that long.
Watch his Money in the Bank 2011 match with CM Punk and his 2/27/13 RAW match with Punk, as well. Two WWE matches of the past few years that are must-sees.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

JSP wrote:
Yugiohnoonoo wrote:If Cena wasn't pushed to the moon at every opportunity he might be tolerable to me, but until that happens i will continue to jeer him all the time
So now you change your argument to something totally different because someone totally rebuked your 5 Moves of Doom BS? Cena is the top guy in WWE bar none. They do what's good for business, and he does business for them. And it just so happens he's one of the most underrated wrestlers in the past ten years. You can call his matches with Punk carryjobs, but it takes two to tango and believe me, Cena holds up his end in every match. He just wrestled a 30 minute PPV main event with Bryan with a TORN TRICEP and still turned out an excellent match and apparently insisted on putting Bryan over before he rehabbed the injury. Good guy and great worker. I don't know why people continue to dog on his in-ring stuff. Character? Sure. His character sucks shit through-and-through, but calling him a bad wrestler is blind hate at its worst.
Cena underrated?!?! Hahahahahahahaha
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

[quote="Yugiohnoonoo"][quote="JSP"][quote="Yugiohnoonoo"]If Cena wasn't pushed to the moon at every opportunity he might be tolerable to me, but until that happens i will continue to jeer him all the time[/quote]

So now you change your argument to something totally different because someone totally rebuked your 5 Moves of Doom BS? Cena is the top guy in WWE bar none. They do what's good for business, and he does business for them. And it just so happens he's one of the most underrated wrestlers in the past ten years. You can call his matches with Punk carryjobs, but it takes two to tango and believe me, Cena holds up his end in every match. He just wrestled a 30 minute PPV main event with Bryan with a TORN TRICEP and still turned out an excellent match and apparently insisted on putting Bryan over before he rehabbed the injury. Good guy and great worker. I don't know why people continue to dog on his in-ring stuff. Character? Sure. His character sucks shit through-and-through, but calling him a bad wrestler is blind hate at its worst.[/quote]

Cena underrated?!?! Hahahahahahahaha[/quote]

I'm assuming you're more of a fan of Davey "45 Minutes of Kicks and Boring Countermoves" Richards then? Or maybe generic ROH "Grrrrr I'm intense WITH HONOR!!!" wrestlers like Kevin Steen and basically everyone else on the roster? That's the laughable thing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer, perhaps the most analytic viewer of pro wrestling the past 30 years, slayed the geeks that refuse to give Cena credit in his latest WON:
Even though Cena went out of his way to point out that the triceps injury was not an excuse to lose to Bryan, who he put over as strong as he could, stating he lost to a better man in a clean fight, the crowd cheered loudly, perhaps even unnervingly so, when Cena announced it was his final appearance for four to six months. It was really clear the level of hatred this crowd had for him, because they could visually see that the injury wasn’t a work and was serious, and booing him because it’s fun and the cool thing to do is one thing, but reacting that way when he’s about to undergo surgery is pretty screwed up and something that I don’t think many babyfaces would have taken well. Clearly C.M. Punk wouldn’t have, because he reacted to one guy booing him out of 10,000 fans that nobody would have noticed while Cena is regularly booed out of the building as the top face.
Yugiohnoonoo
Banned
Banned

Post by Yugiohnoonoo »

HBKDX97 I just don't see how Cena can be classified as underrated, that's all.
I can't help if I agree with people who say he's overrated and should step aside to let younger guys get a shot.
, but that is the WWE's problem. They need to stop relying on Cena as the cream of the crop because they have plenty of talent that , if utilized correctly could usurp the top spot from Cena and the company would be better off.
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

Yugiohnoonoo wrote:HBKDX97 I just don't see how Cena can be classified as underrated, that's all.
I can't help if I agree with people who say he's overrated and should step aside to let younger guys get a shot.
, but that is the WWE's problem. They need to stop relying on Cena as the cream of the crop because they have plenty of talent that , if utilized correctly could usurp the top spot from Cena and the company would be better off.
I concede that point wholeheartedly. I'm quite glad that he's going to be gone for 4-6 months and allow the rest of the roster to make strides and start implementing some change. It all depends on who they start pushing into the top spot. Thankfully it looks like Danielson has a clinch on at least the top babyface slot (which is AMAZING considering this time last year that would've been going to either Sheamus or Ryback) and Punk at the solid tweener/ B babyface behind him, but it also looks like they're going to push some older guys ahead of the young crop. Big Show and Mark Henry are on the verge of toppling the Shield for the belts, and while Henry has been one of the best things going on Raw for a while, during these next few crucial moments they really need to focus on building up some younger guys instead of continuing to graze Attitude Era guys like RVD and Big Show.

Hopefully they focus on getting Dolph Ziggler like a million bucks. He's fallen down the totem pole of relevancy here lately, and the sooner they stop treating Curtis Axel like a peon the better.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

this is an ROH forum...you're aware of that? even if this thread is called WWE guys to bring in, tlaking about how to book the WWE has no place in this thread or forum!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
HBKDX97
Banned
Banned

Post by HBKDX97 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:this is an ROH forum...you're aware of that? even if this thread is called WWE guys to bring in, tlaking about how to book the WWE has no place in this thread or forum!
You are aware I only signed up within 24 hours ago. Still getting used to the surroundings. I also didn't know it was within the rules that you could ONLY talk about ROH on this website. Hopefully someone goes and fixes the thread about Superman vs Batman elsewhere on this forum, because they aren't talking about ROH! Hopefully they also get rid of the John Cena discussion posts above because they're not talking about ROH? ROH ROH ROH ROH lol.

Do you approve Jigsaw vs Jason if I just post the letters "R" "O" and "H" consecutively for a certain length of time, without adding any other opinion to the discussion? Or maybe I should just blindly agree with everything you say, rather than provide a dialogue through which we as fans can discuss and enjoy a product.

Getting back on topic, I think that if Tyson Kidd were ever released by the WWE he could make a substantial impact if he decided to sign with ROH (ROH ROH). He is (in my opinion) a better mic worker than he is given credit for (albeit he is no Roddy Piper) ((ROHROHROHROH)). He could be what Teddy Hart could've been if Teddy Hart wasn't a piece of trash.

I guess Yoshi Tatsu and Caylen Croft would fit in to ROH's style, considering they both couldn't talk their way out of a paper bag and have the standard indy friendly "lots of kicks and flips but no personality" style of working.
JSP

Post by JSP »

HBKDX97 wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:this is an ROH forum...you're aware of that? even if this thread is called WWE guys to bring in, tlaking about how to book the WWE has no place in this thread or forum!
You are aware I only signed up within 24 hours ago. Still getting used to the surroundings. I also didn't know it was within the rules that you could ONLY talk about ROH on this website. Hopefully someone goes and fixes the thread about Superman vs Batman elsewhere on this forum, because they aren't talking about ROH! Hopefully they also get rid of the John Cena discussion posts above because they're not talking about ROH? ROH ROH ROH ROH lol.

Do you approve Jigsaw vs Jason if I just post the letters "R" "O" and "H" consecutively for a certain length of time, without adding any other opinion to the discussion? Or maybe I should just blindly agree with everything you say, rather than provide a dialogue through which we as fans can discuss and enjoy a product.

Getting back on topic, I think that if Tyson Kidd were ever released by the WWE he could make a substantial impact if he decided to sign with ROH (ROH ROH). He is (in my opinion) a better mic worker than he is given credit for (albeit he is no Roddy Piper) ((ROHROHROHROH)). He could be what Teddy Hart could've been if Teddy Hart wasn't a piece of trash.

I guess Yoshi Tatsu and Caylen Croft would fit in to ROH's style, considering they both couldn't talk their way out of a paper bag and have the standard indy friendly "lots of kicks and flips but no personality" style of working.
You're a fine, fine troll. Also a massive doucher, but gotta do what ya gotta do.